jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japanese variety shows
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayche

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Japanese variety shows Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, i've scanned through the archives but can't seem to find anything on Japanese variety shows... I recently found episodes of Utaban, Domoto Kyoudai and Heyx3 on youtube.com. What are the other funny variety shows that are out there?

And does anyone know of any good places to get clips of them? i think i've already watched everything on youtube.com.... Fingers crossed
a-nesuto

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SMAPxSMAP. best show ever Thumbsup

Tiffany <3
tabana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never watch them, but I know there are some on Jpopsuki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely, you should look into Hey! Hey! Hey! Music Champ.
massaru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Japanese variety tv shows are probably as addictive as doramas. There are so many out there that`s almost impossible to name them all.

If you`re familiar with BT (bittorrent) there`s no reason to watch only small clips when you can see the full thing. As mentioned above, there are many shows available on Jpopsuki.com (most of the shows are music related or have some music artist involved but there`s comedy shows too) and d-addicts.com (most part are comedy shows or involving actors.actresses).

Recommended:

- SMAPxSMAP
- Utaban
- London Hearts
- Mecha Mecha Ikketeru!
- Domoto Kyoudai
- Music Station
- Heyx3
- Shoujiki Shindoi
- Lincoln
- Ainori
- Trivia no Izumi

These are some of the most popular (easier to find) but it`s only a small portion of what`s available in japanese tv programming.
massaru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops .... sorry for the double post ... was getting a connection refused message when I replied.
qilver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

massaru wrote:
Japanese variety tv shows are probably as addictive as doramas. There are so many out there that`s almost impossible to name them all.

If you`re familiar with BT (bittorrent) there`s no reason to watch only small clips when you can see the full thing. As mentioned above, there are many shows available on Jpopsuki.com (most of the shows are music related or have some music artist involved but there`s comedy shows too) and d-addicts.com (most part are comedy shows or involving actors.actresses).

Recommended:

- SMAPxSMAP
- Utaban
- London Hearts
- Mecha Mecha Ikketeru!
- Domoto Kyoudai
- Music Station
- Heyx3
- Shoujiki Shindoi
- Lincoln
- Ainori
- Trivia no Izumi

These are some of the most popular (easier to find) but it`s only a small portion of what`s available in japanese tv programming.

yeah, i recognize some of them off the list on Jpopsuki, but i haven't heard of Lincoln, Ainori, London hearts before... Head Scratch
massaru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:

yeah, i recognize some of them off the list on Jpopsuki, but i haven't heard of Lincoln, Ainori, London hearts before... Head Scratch

Lincoln is a comedy show that started airing last year on TBS, it`s hosted by Downtown and all participants are famous geinin (comedians), some of the eps. so far were hilarious. All eps. aired until now were posted at d-addicts.

Ainori, I haven`t seen myself but it`s pretty popular, it`s a reality show about couples and a traveling bus or something like that, several eps. also posted at d-aadicts, there`s even summaries in english available.

London Hearts, another variety show very popular. It`s hosted by London Boots (Atsushi and Hiro). It`s a must see. Hidden cameras, pretty girls, stupid jokes, the content changes from ep. to ep. but most of the time it`s quite funny. Some of the "regulars" include: Suzuki Sarina, Iijima Ai, Rinka, Aoki Sayaka, Inrin, Manabe Kaori plus many other "gravia" idols.
Andro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My friend gave me utaban, but I didn't have the time to watch it yet. But she said, it's great.
Saito_Hajime

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite is Pussuma (a.k.a. P-sma) Thumbsup . I'm not sure if it belong to the variety show category because it's more like a game show, with the hosts Yusuke Santamaria and SMAP's Kusanagi Tsuyoshi going up against celebrity guests in various hilarious games.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

massaru wrote:

Lincoln is a comedy show that started airing last year on TBS, it`s hosted by Downtown and all participants are famous geinin (comedians), some of the eps. so far were hilarious. All eps. aired until now were posted at d-addicts.

Ainori, I haven`t seen myself but it`s pretty popular, it`s a reality show about couples and a traveling bus or something like that, several eps. also posted at d-aadicts, there`s even summaries in english available.

London Hearts, another variety show very popular. It`s hosted by London Boots (Atsushi and Hiro). It`s a must see. Hidden cameras, pretty girls, stupid jokes, the content changes from ep. to ep. but most of the time it`s quite funny. Some of the "regulars" include: Suzuki Sarina, Iijima Ai, Rinka, Aoki Sayaka, Inrin, Manabe Kaori plus many other "gravia" idols.

London Hearts Shocked , now this i gotta see...too bad not available on BT, thanks for the info on the other j-tv shows... Thumbsup
massaru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:

London Hearts Shocked , now this i gotta see...too bad not available on BT, thanks for the info on the other j-tv shows... Thumbsup

You can find several eps. of London Hearts on d-addicts, I know because I`ve been posting some eps. there as well as many other variety shows. hehe

There will be a SP of London Hearts this week or the next, I can`t remember very well ... hopefully I`ll be able to get it and upload there too. It will certainly be a good start to watching LH.
rayche

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oooo thanks for all the information~
pity currently i'm staying on campus and can't use bittorrent (mutter stupid school server mutter) but i'll make sure to check out jpopsuki and d-addicts when i have the chance~ w00t!
am currently very much addicted to domoto kyoudai~ i *heart* kinki kids Naughty
Itazura ichiban

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Fuji's "Viking" to Debut on America's ESPN 2 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Japan's top-rated TV network FUJI TELEVISION joins forces with ESPN, the world's premiere sports channel, to bring "VIKING: THE ULTIMATE OBSTACLE COURSE CHALLENGE" to US viewers.

Produced by Japan's top sports-variety producer Ushio Higuchi, "VIKING" features a series of grueling obstacle courses designed to test the outer limits of human strength, speed, agility, and endurance.

Built around a maritime theme, the VIKING course resembles a giant pirate warship, full of ropes, wooden masts, and gigantic cannonballs. On the forbidding 1st Marine Stage (larger than a football field), 100 contestants navigate perilous obstacles such as the "Swing Mast," "Loading Dock," and "Captain's Cabin." Contestants who fail to overcome an obstacle plunge headlong into pools of water waiting below. Those few intrepid fighters who successfully complete the 1st Marine Stage proceed on to stages with gradually increasing levels of difficulty, culminating in the "Final Viking"
�\ the ultimate test of mind, body, and spirit.

Following in the footsteps of its incredibly successful "Iron Chef" franchise (aired in the US on The Food Network), Fuji Television continues its impressive track record of importing spectacular television entertainment from Japan to the United States.

6 x 30-min episodes of "VIKING: THE ULTIMATE OBSTACLE COURSE CHALLENGE" will premiere on ESPN2 beginning February 18, 2006.

VIKING is produced by Monster 9, in association with Fuji Television. The English-dubbed version is produced by Fujisankei Communications International.

http://www.fujitv.co.jp/en/programsales/whatsnew.html
a-nesuto

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the info Good

i watched a bit of a ep but had to change the channel due to bad mispronunciation bleh

Tiffany <3
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 game shows I watch quite often

IQ Supri and Tokyo Friend Park 2.
Both are funny.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi!
i often watch gakkou e ikou max, utaban, utawara and ...
i've watched some mecha mecha iketeru when i was in japan but it wasn't my taste... some part too much "stupid" for me... ^^
suave_yamapi

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love these japanese shows, they're sooo stupid, but then again, my humor is just as stupid ^_^'
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yuki Amami and Yuriko Ishida to host FujiTV variety show

Amami Yuki and Ishida Yuriko will be variety show hosts for the first time in the FujiTV variety show "Amami Yuki Ishida Yuriko no Snack Akebono Hashi" which will be shown on 29 September at 10pm.

The setting of the show is in a fictitious snack bar where the two buddies play the proprietors and host a number of guests there. They will engage in a free talk with their guests on various topics such as what marriage means to single women in their 40s and retirement plans. In addition, Amami will be making drinks and cocktails for the guests while Ishida will be cooking on TV for the first time. Last but not least, they will also be singing karaoke and dancing. Guests include Sasaki Kuranosuke who was romantically linked to Amami before, Tamaki Hiroshi, Matsuko Deluxe, Hayami Mokomichi and JUJU who will perform a song during the show.

Sources: Sanspo / Sponichi
xploring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Knight Scoop with English subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBuCXl3vO_nk5UHLmPMZQAAYTELYY5ysU

Really fun and heartwarming at times, I like this show a lot. Are there others like it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: