jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
BATTLE ROYALE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MANGA_OTAKU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: BATTLE ROYALE Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone seen or is a big fan Kinji Fukasaku's Battle Royale[/u]
Pemu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there! Welcome to the forum!
I've seen Battle Royale before, exceptionally superb! Twice in the cinema, hehe! Not a fan of Fukasaku's works cos I haven't seen any other works from him. The sequel has been released on dvd in Japan, no Eng subs. HK release is due soon, features Eng subs.

Btw this movie isn't a "drama" and there has been a BR thread earlier.
pink-spider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi! i'm new and this is my first post!

I loved battle royal! it was awesome! Applaud
Milkchan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Royale is a decent film - not perfect but fun. Unfortunatly Battle Royale 2 is a big dissapointment. There's nothing new - uninspired.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen this movie 4 times already. Saw it once on DVD then saw it again with friends, bought the special tin edition and watched it again and finally watched it at the cinemas.

Only in Japan could they make a movie like this.
groink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: BATTLE ROYALE Reply with quote Back to top

MANGA_OTAKU wrote:
Has anyone seen or is a big fan Kinji Fukasaku's Battle Royale[/u]

I have the VCD of the movie, but I haven't sat down and watched it yet. Maeda Aki is in it, which is enough for me to watch this flick. Bleah

--- groink
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was watching it then I stoped half way. It just didn't seem to catch my interest. The only reason why I downloaded it was because people kept comparing it to Kill Bill
RedRum

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shibasaki Kou was amazing in the movie as the bad girl. It would have been better if she was in Kill Bill rather than the other girl. Kou was so evil. Twisted
atheon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RedRum wrote:
Shibasaki Kou was amazing in the movie as the bad girl. It would have been better if she was in Kill Bill rather than the other girl. Kou was so evil. Twisted

One of the reason i bought this movie...... Mr Green First encounter.
Unusual plot.
Pemu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Every action movie needs a merciless killer, a lunatic highschool girl fits to the killer's image well Naughty
Akazukin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, i read up from mag. there a 2nd Battle royale.. AS in BAttle royale2... Not sure how thrilling it is... But I guess it gonna Be more violent then the 1st..
M

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I loved it~ I've seen Battle Royale thrice, but I've never seen BRII yet.
Voort

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's... great... just great... I've been running through all of Vienna to get the director's cut DVD...

already looking forward to BRII, DVD release in UK is somewhere in June or July 2004... *gets ready to pounce it*

And no, there's no hope that BR, or BR2 or a possible BR3, will ever make it into our cinemas, forget that idea lol Besides... I don't want german dubbing in it, it's cruel...

and finally... I managed to get the first 4 BR manags around here lol, it's easier to teach a cow to play the trumpet than finding stuff like that in Austria...
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent movie! Def. recomended! Thumbsup

Big Grin
billy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SHIBASAKI~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!
i'm a HUGE fan of hers~!!

She kicks butt in Battle Royale as Mitsuko!
black widow syle!
hydea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it a very awsome movie.....
tragic and full of meaning
Big Grin Applaud
i love nanahara Naughty
silver_shining

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: battle royale Reply with quote Back to top

oh mAan, this movie is so cool! it seemed kind of weird at first but i really liked it Smile wish i could see it again Big Grin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
v69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bloody movie... Wink can wait 2 c the sequel Mr Green
hydea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yup cant wait for the sequel too...

but sad...
it will never reach malaysia theatre

japanese movie are really hard to reach malaysia...
Taka-kun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love this Movie!!!! I just finished the Battle Royale Book, the one the movies was based off of. I'd have to say I would have enjoyed the movie more if they stuck to somethings in the book, For Example the Car Chase with Shogo, Shuya, Noriko vs. Kazou.
I highly recomend the movie or book, its really good!!

Fav Characters: Hiroki, Shinji, Shogo, and Yukie cause she really cute lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: