jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Younger Man (Toshishita No Otoko)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
groink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Younger Man (Toshishita No Otoko) Reply with quote Back to top

It's now playing on KIKU-TV. Here's the info:

http://www.kikutv.com/shows/younger_men/index.html

Does this series go by any other names? I recorded episode 1 earlier tonight. Haven't watched it yet, so I can't cast an opinion on it just yet. But there are some cute girls in it! Smile

--- groink

Edit - Changed the subject name.

Last edited by groink on Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total
groink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found out the Japanese name of the series... It's called "Toshishita no Otoko". I've found a preview of the series, and have posted it on my web site:

http://macgeek.org/jdrama/previews/cm-Toshishita_no_Otoko.avi [3.2MB]

--- groink
Pemu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The good old jdorama database http://jdorama.com/drama_750.htm. English title Younger Man, not men. I like Inamori Izumi's and Kintaro himself, Katsunori Takahashi's performances.
groink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pemu wrote:
The good old jdorama database http://jdorama.com/drama_750.htm. English title Younger Man, not men. I like Inamori Izumi's and Kintaro himself, Katsunori Takahashi's performances.

Cool! Thanks, Pemu! KIKU-TV have it "Men" all over their web site, and even in the subtitles at the opening theme song. Maybe the "Men" should be added to the database as well seeing people will be referring to the series by both names.

--- groink
Pemu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm...Kiku TV revised the original Japanese title to an "approriate" English title, "Men". Kiku TV has done it before, and it's fitted into the themes Smile Kiku TV translated series such as Forbidden Love = Majo no Jouken? Not exactly correct but very appropriate to its theme Smile

Back to the new series. "Two men, two women" -relationships are complicated, even worse when there is a daughter and a mother who love the same person, tricky! Is the mother like Hitomi Kuroki? Mr Green I wouldn't mind fancy her, hehe.

Thanks for the clip! Hopefully it's released under "Groink" encodes Applaud
hatakekakashi081

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

watched the first episode last night on kiku. I have to say, it was a lot better than i was expecting. It's actually probably one of the better jdrama's i've seen in a while. It had a lot more serious tone and focused more on love and relationships then some of the drama's they've been playing lately on kiku. It was pretty good and they haven't played a drama like this in a while.
groink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pemu wrote:
Thanks for the clip! Hopefully it's released under "Groink" encodes Applaud

It will be... One snag, I'm not able to fit ep1 on just one SVCD. Like Otousan ep1, it is just over 1 hour long without commercials. So ep1 will be a 2-parter. When KIKU-TV televised it last night, they only had about four 30-second commercials throughout the entire episode. Pretty good, considering their average commercial breaks are a little over 2 minutes long. Smile

--- groink
ruroshin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds complicated and interesting. Looking forward to a high quality groink cap.
Amika

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

groink wrote:

It will be... One snag, I'm not able to fit ep1 on just one SVCD. Like Otousan ep1, it is just over 1 hour long without commercials. So ep1 will be a 2-parter. When KIKU-TV televised it last night, they only had about four 30-second commercials throughout the entire episode. Pretty good, considering their average commercial breaks are a little over 2 minutes long. Smile

--- groink

great.. we will be waiting groink... Applaud

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

groink wrote:

It will be... One snag, I'm not able to fit ep1 on just one SVCD. Like Otousan ep1, it is just over 1 hour long without commercials.
--- groink
The debut eps usually are 1 hr long or longer from TBS and Fuji TV, not all. Some last eps are 1 hr too.
sangmin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: youngerman Reply with quote Back to top

who has seen that show? i kinda like it when is going to be on this site?{color=blue]text[/color]
groink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: youngerman Reply with quote Back to top

sangmin wrote:
who has seen that show? i kinda like it when is going to be on this site?{color=blue]text[/color]

It's currently airing on KIKU-TV. I've already seen (and captured) eps 1 through 4. Usually I don't like making captures of episodes available on-line until I wear out its trading power, i.e. I'm the only kid on the block that has the series, and I can use the series to trade for stuff I don't have. When I'll make it available on-line, I'm not sure just yet.

--- groink
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seemed pretty interesting when I was watching it on TV. It looks like another series thats going to have a massive Love Polygon.
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yup mass love-poly.... on the plus side the guy from keitaro is there... and the leading lady is very attractive!
Super No. 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izumi Inamori looked a lot better in Ashita Ga Arusa. I think they tried some stuff to make her look not so glamorous for this role, but yeah, it's not working because she still looks good. Sweat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AnimeCat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Every one!!! I just stared to watch Youngerman like 2 weeks ago. They only show it on Sunday's Sad . I am actually pretty new to the Whole JD. I only seen Satorare and Trick 1 and 2.

Well I just want it to know if this Drama is worth watching? and if so how long is it?

Thanks Bleah
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
groink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AnimeCat wrote:
Hi Every one!!! I just stared to watch Youngerman like 2 weeks ago. They only show it on Sunday's Sad . I am actually pretty new to the Whole JD. I only seen Satorare and Trick 1 and 2.

Well I just want it to know if this Drama is worth watching? and if so how long is it?

Check out the following thread on the KIKU-TV Message Board:

http://www.forumco.com/kikutvcom/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1087&FORUM_ID=5&CAT_ID=4&Topic_Title=Younger+Men%2E%2E%2E%2E%2E&Forum_Title=Critics%27+Corner

Overall... It is a really good drama!

--- groink
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw some of the first episode a couple of Sundays ago, but it didn't hook me. Now I can focus on Alias, I guess. Big Grin
sangmin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is in't the mom also the mom on honmamon senri?
ditmercury

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

all i can say that this drama's really good..made me glued tothe screen....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: