jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 349, 350, 351 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

man.....when will that old man's heart finally fall Grumble Grumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

the only dorama with kyoko fukada i didn't detest.....cuz she only has a supporting role ancillary to tamura masakazu, miki nakatani, ryoko hirosue, and naoko iijima

haha, those four should be able to eclipse any missteps she makes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

harharhar.. IWGP ep 5 finally out?! yoooosh! i'm d'ling it now hehe

by: jecca_o9
hero too good!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: i watched... Reply with quote Back to top

i finished watching TRICK,
but ill just tell u now, but "kabachitare!"
is such a great drama!(it's really funny),
and great 4 yamapi fans!(lik me)
he's so cute in this drama!
and he was still 15! Applaud Applaud Applaud Applaud Applaud Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing w00t! w00t! w00t! Mr Green Mr Green
shin2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
[b]
It's ridiculous. I'm starting to think that the grainier the video, the more I'll like the series. (Must be an old guy thing.)

I definitely concur. Those grainy videos of dorama from the 90's that are out there are so infinitely better in content, acting, and entertainment than what has been proffered to dorama viewers in recent years. No question, it is a generational thing (like you, I'm an old fart relative to the age of most of the people who post on this site). I find that the infrequent post-2000 dorama that I enjoy is either a youth-averse Taiga or Asadora series or a dorama that has 30+ year old actors/actresses in the lead roles (how rare is that nowadays) or veteran character actors with significant supporting roles.
Shindou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:

I definitely concur. Those grainy videos of dorama from the 90's that are out there are so infinitely better in content, acting, and entertainment than what has been proffered to dorama viewers in recent years. No question, it is a generational thing (like you, I'm an old fart relative to the age of most of the people who post on this site). I find that the infrequent post-2000 dorama that I enjoy is either a youth-averse Taiga or Asadora series or a dorama that has 30+ year old actors/actresses in the lead roles (how rare is that nowadays) or veteran character actors with significant supporting roles.

haha, now that's an excellent rule of thumb to follow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
I missed the takoyaki. Shameful Cry

That's two times for me. Puppy Dog Eyes
dochira

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched clips of Farewell Mr. Premier and I can totally see that Mitani influence when compared to his other drama, Ohsama no Resutoran (King's Restaurant).
Shindou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

making an attempt to finish up ganbatte ikimasshoi - on ep 7

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im currently watchin' my boss my hero [waitin' for the ep5 XD]
and still watchin' kurosagi -___________-
Shindou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

finished ganbatte ikimasshoi - nothing too special, an ok dorama with some ok acting and a passable script - off to an extra review tutorial now!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started on "Shinchinin no Onna Bengoshi"
shin2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
I watched clips of Farewell Mr. Premier and I can totally see that Mitani influence when compared to his other drama, Ohsama no Resutoran (King's Restaurant).

Koki Mitani imo is a brilliant screenwriter and filmmaker. His work has been compared to that of Billy Wilder and Neil Simon. I would also compare him to the Marx Brothers as well. Like them, his works exhibit razor-sharp wit, and he's not afraid to throw in some goofy slapstick as well. Ohsama no Resutoran might just be the best dorama I have viewed, and Furuhata Ninzaburo, another fine series he scripted, is akin to the marvelous Columbo series in terms of format, intelligence, and humor. His Taiga drama Shinsengumi! split viewers (they either hated it or loved it); I was throroughly entertained by it, even though I knew much of it was nowhere near factual. His theatrical movies--Radio no Jikan, Mina no Ie, and Warai no Daigaku (he wrote the screenplays for all three and directed the first two)--are hilarious and clever. His latest movie, Uchoten Hotel, which he directed and wrote, is set to come out on DVD later this month (it was a New Year's release and, from what I gather, was pretty popular). I can't wait to get a copy.
krim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Shota no Sushi, excellent dorama. Wasn't overloaded with cliches, the ones that were present weren't overly obvious to the point of distraction. The characters were written well, and acted well by the cast for the most part. Although the ending of these types of doramas is obvious, the route that it took was executed well, and didn't lead to easy predictions.

and you get to learn about how japanese people eat sushi. as opposed to how i see alot of people (my family as well) use a lot of wasabi and shoyu in the dish and then drench the rice...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
Finished Shota no Sushi, excellent dorama. Wasn't overloaded with cliches, the ones that were present weren't overly obvious to the point of distraction. The characters were written well, and acted well by the cast for the most part. Although the ending of these types of doramas is obvious, the route that it took was executed well, and didn't lead to easy predictions.

and you get to learn about how japanese people eat sushi. as opposed to how i see alot of people (my family as well) use a lot of wasabi and shoyu in the dish and then drench the rice...

Interesting.

I see a lotta people slather on the wasabi like it's some kinda Fear Factor contest or something...

Maybe I gotta check out this drama... Hmm.
boris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Engine yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just finish watching Ichi Rittoru no namida for 2nd time..
really luv this dorama..whenever i feel bad bout myself, i would watch this dorama or just listen to the OST..really good dorama i think..

currenly watcing Gal circle..to me, it's a weird dorama but it's fun..n there's a lot of kawaii girls there, erika toda, yaguchi mari~..
krim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Interesting.

I see a lotta people slather on the wasabi like it's some kinda Fear Factor contest or something...

Maybe I gotta check out this drama... Hmm.

Yes, it's said that (im generalizing) americans like to eat something with more punch, whereas japanese people eat the sushi for the flavor of the ingredients. It was rather embarassing when i first had omakase at the counter and did what i normally would. It's fine to do at a buffet type place that uses dyed fish, but not acceptable and an insult to the sushi chef.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:

not that i don't to it..but i rarely do it nowadays...but if you went a good sushi restaurant and did what they do here...use the
wasabi-joyu...that's a big no no...chef would probably beat your ass....
they usually put a dab of wasabi under the slice of fish anyway....

the wasabi and soy sauce aren't supposed to touch.

wasai-joyu is traditionally for other foods like zaru soba

Last edited by Tu_triky on Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
the wasabi and soy sauce aren't supposed to touch.

Really?

I'm embarrassed. ashamed Sweat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 349, 350, 351 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 350 of 1375

Jump to: