jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
BATTLE ROYALE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i want to read the book too~ Sad
where can i buy it??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Taka-kun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try a book store, there shouldnt be any reason it wouldnt be there, If not go to an import store. The Author is Koushun Takami
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Pemu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The sequel is available for downloadin at suprnova, unfortunately unsubbed Sad Just gotta wait for the subs.
v69

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is one from 3 other images of battle royale the sequel that i taken from yesasia...

jkfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ooo..this movie..i saw it last yr.. i didn't think it was great but not a bad drama 2 enjoy if u're bored..but i didn't really understand some parts..why does the guy wanna kill the ppl?? n from that incident onwards, the couplre bcame fugitives??
maxstlg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just to let u guys know that the people from fantasticsuperclub has come up with a rough subtitle for the BR II. i'm downloading the movie now but its moving painstakingly slow....it's been a few days already Evil
Pemu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nearly-complete-subtitle for the movie is available at Kloofy's.
Milkchan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would be very surprised if no-one is dissapointed by the sequel. It really is a poor rehash with dodgy shakey-cam action and poor quick cut edits. It's pretty uninspired storytelling.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

God bless Bittorrent! I'm downloading BR2 right now with a great speed..can't wait to see it. Mr Green Considering where I live I couldn't possibly wait till the DVD with subs gets released here.

However I'm not a huge fan of Fukasaku's but I sure am a BR-fan.
One of the greatest movies out there!
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I couldn't help noticing the anti-american vibe in Battle Royale 2 including some instances..........*SPOILER*

-When the teacher list all countries bombed by the USA
-When he says "The country just bombs any country that pisses them off"
-When the Battle Royale island gets bombed by missles from "the country"

I'd like to say right away that I'm American and watching constant nightly news stories about mass riots and demonstrations againts the USA in countries such as France, Germany, Korea and Japan have concerned me. It makes me wonder if such movies like Battle Royale 2 are helping fuel this anti-American hatred. I mean sure we use bombs in wars but I dont think the guys in Washington DC are quick to push a button to fire missles at an island full of kids.

However I do understand what this movie is trying to get at. I think this movie is trying to show that not all forms of terrorism is in a sense evil. They parallel the terrorism in the movie as a sort of freedom fighting. I guess they were trying to show how America is paranoid and quick to take any action on "terrorist". But to those who may think this I ask you one question. Can you really say groups such as Al Quieda and Taliban are freedom fighting?

haha sorry I just needed somewhere to vent
Aki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean there's a sequel???
I din noe...
Google
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hatakekakashi081

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great movie, can't wait to see the sequel from watching the trailer. It's not only about the violence and fighting though. The movie is about more than just that.
Carrie Asagiri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw the first one twice at the cinema and I've got downloaded from internet. Now I'm going to get the sequel. I love this movie is really great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kuraiyo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uchiha Potato wrote:
I couldn't help noticing the anti-american vibe in Battle Royale 2 including some instances..........*SPOILER*

-When the teacher list all countries bombed by the USA
-When he says "The country just bombs any country that pisses them off"
-When the Battle Royale island gets bombed by missles from "the country"

I'd like to say right away that I'm American and watching constant nightly news stories about mass riots and demonstrations againts the USA in countries such as France, Germany, Korea and Japan have concerned me. It makes me wonder if such movies like Battle Royale 2 are helping fuel this anti-American hatred. I mean sure we use bombs in wars but I dont think the guys in Washington DC are quick to push a button to fire missles at an island full of kids.

However I do understand what this movie is trying to get at. I think this movie is trying to show that not all forms of terrorism is in a sense evil. They parallel the terrorism in the movie as a sort of freedom fighting. I guess they were trying to show how America is paranoid and quick to take any action on "terrorist". But to those who may think this I ask you one question. Can you really say groups such as Al Quieda and Taliban are freedom fighting?

haha sorry I just needed somewhere to vent

To answer that question: I think that the Talibans consider themselves as freedom fighters. If you ask for my personal opinion, if I think that they are freedom fighters, then my answer would be yes.
They are freedom fighters in a way. You just have to see it in a wider perspective. We all have our own reasons for fighting and they have their reasons. I'm not saying that I'm for killing. But we all have our own ways to settle things.
However we might not always understand others choices etc.
USA consider the Talibans are evil and vice versa.
So in these kind of occurences I usually don't say anything cause I don't want to missjudge anyone.
However we all have our own opinions and I've got to say that I think, as I said before, that Talibans are freedom fighters but do I like their manners to handle these situations? Answer: no.

This is kind of leading to an off topic.. Wink
sangmin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i want to read it but but i can't find the manga i heard it really good
supersumoCG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOVED Battle Royale I, satisfyingly twisted. I have battle royale II with english subs but haven't had the chance to watch it yet. But i heard that it's has many tired out stuff from the first battle royale

pink-spider- what's gackt's hands doing in your avatar? hehe

RedRum wrote:
Shibasaki Kou was amazing in the movie as the bad girl. It would have been better if she was in Kill Bill rather than the other girl. Kou was so evil. Twisted

mm... i would have to disagree with you, in the most sincere and nicest way possible Big Grin . The reason why chiaki kuriyama (girl in kill bill) was casted in that movie was a because of her psycho dick stabbing scene. The director loved that part and decided that she should get the part. And i agree with him. But i do have to give acknowledge shibasaki for playing the evil girl, she was good.
DJEnD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

supersumoCG wrote:
pink-spider- what's gackt's hands doing in your avatar? hehe
This isn't the 1st time this has been asked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched Battle Royale 2 a few days ago! Man, that was a great experience even though it wasn't as good as the first movie!
I've been absolutely desperate to see it! Had to suffer for half a year until I finally watched it!
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually did a book report on Battle Royale. Everybody seemed to be in shocked as I gave certain details of the story. I defentiley reccomend the book. It kind of shocked me that it was released around the same time that the Columbine shootings happened Sad

At college at Arizona State University if you're a Japanese major, you're pretty much forced to see Battle Royale or nobody accepts you as one Chatter. I was kind of forced into watching it and I loved it when I saw it.

I also saw BR2 in theatres in Japan back in August. I kind of had a weird experience with cute teenage gothic girls leaning on my shoulders most of the time Lovey Eyes.

I don't really think it has an "Anti-American" theme. It's just when RIKI says we bomb they 'cuz they piss us off tends to be a worldwide stereotype, kind of like how every American carrys a gun or something like that. I say it's how they interpret America. I mean, he doesn't necessarily define "piss off 'that country.'" I mean he didn't conclude it by saying that we are jerks or anything like that.

But there is one thing that catches my eye which has already been discussed. I really loved how Shuuya conveyed his character in BR2. I thought it was magnificant and how showed emotion and development from "the whiney shounen" in the first movie. His role as a terrorist/freedom fighter pretty much brings me into my argument.

His character is so beautifuly portrayed that it captures you and makes you symphatize his losses of his friends and his disliking of his government and his passion for freedom. Since Shuuya killed thousands in the Shinjuku twin towers, you would normally think he deserves to be raped be 10,000 bubbas in a cell and then executed the most inhuman way as possible. And it kind of makes you feel about terrorists in real life. I'm not justifying the actions of Saddam Hussein, Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Stalin and other terrorists and dictators, but in reality, Shuuya is as bad as them if he bombed buildings killing thousands and taht's where the problem lies. He has you symphatizing with him rather than making you hate him. In other words, you get to feel the terrorists potential point of view.

By the way, Fujiwara Tatsuya who plays Shuuya has been nominated best actor in the Japanese version of the oscars.

I also thought that Takeuchi Riki over-acted. I really loved how he brings in his "yakuza character" into the movie but does it way too much. I was laughing my head off as he scared the kids with his movements and the drama in his voice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: