FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Street-talk?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebbe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Street-talk? Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know if there's any good books about casual japanese? I've been studdying japanese for a while now and my japanese is quite good though way too formal bleh

Last edited by Sebbe on Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
setfree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ya homie, pick up 13 secrets for speaking fluent japanese. it has good things about street talk and conversation(normal non colloquial) speech. good for intermediate/advanced students. But remember to read a reveiw before you jump into getting it.

Last edited by setfree on Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
J~bOi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: (�@ )/��ӯ ( �_)��? ��������_(^o^ )������ Reply with quote Back to top

i think the best way to learn slang is to hang out with young japanese people. but i think its really good that you know proper japanese as well because for when talking to people you dont know, or people "above" yourself i guess. for a while I could ONLY speak slang because i learned most of my japanese from my friends at high school while i was studying over there.
there are always new "in" words that get made up every while too so they can be fun.
if you already understand proper japanese you should have no problem learning the rules of speaking slang...just try and learn to be able to switch from one to another for certain situations. w00t! �撣��I
J~bOi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: ���܂����B�B�B�B�i�|�Q�|�h�j Reply with quote Back to top

I just realized I posted a new topic instead of a reply to the guy whoever wanted to know about SLANG....but whatever haha...

�n�������b�I�@�n�n�n�n�@
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funny for you, more work for us moderators. Grumble
J~bOi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

�ւ��B�B�B�}�W���߂�ȁI�@�m��Ȃ������ׂ���Ȃ��ƁB�B�B��邵�Ă����B�B�H
������ƁB�B�킟�������Ă�̂͒Ìy�ق������Ă񂾂΂��āA����̂��ȁH
�ւ΁I
kokuou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

J~bOi wrote:
�ւ΁I

�����邯�ǁA����͂��ꂮ����C���‚���悤�ɂˁB
�޲ V(=^�d^=)v �޲

������
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

J~bOi wrote:
�ւ΁I

How about posting your reply in English, rather than hiding behind Japanese text?
J~bOi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kokuou wrote:

�����邯�ǁA����͂��ꂮ����C���‚���悤�ɂˁB
�޲ V(=^�d^=)v �޲

������

�͂����I�I�@������܂����I�I�@���肪�Ƃ��������܂��I�@
��(�O0�O)��(�O���O)��(�O���O)��(�O�́O)��(�O�[�O)
J~bOi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

How about posting your reply in English, rather than hiding behind Japanese text?

oops! sorry man or gurl...i didn't know you couldn't speak japanese. cuz you being a moderator and all...my bad...for my ignorance i am sorry. Sad
aznanimedude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

:X yeah the best way it prolly if u have a japanese friend having him/her teach you the casual...but of course...most any japanese media listen to it enough and you'll get a hang of casual japanese i think :X well any way which works just do it i guess
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ahochaude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

J~bOi wrote:

oops! sorry man or gurl...i didn't know you couldn't speak japanese. cuz you being a moderator and all...my bad...for my ignorance i am sorry. Sad

he's a moderator, however not of this forum due to his inability to speak japanese.

each forum has a list of moderators assigned to said forum, under the forum name.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The easiest way is to watch some of the dramas that revolve around high school students. Nobuta wo Produce and Gokusen are some of the better ones, but Gokusen teaches some Yakuza to
kokuou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JAKQ wrote:
The easiest way is to watch some of the dramas that revolve around high school students. Nobuta wo Produce and Gokusen are some of the better ones, but Gokusen teaches some Yakuza to

That is NOT the easiest way to learn Japanese.
In fact, it's probably the hardest way of learning the language due to the mass amount of slang used in both suggestions.

Don't get me wrong--I <3 Gokusen and Nobuta, but they are definitely not the way to go in terms of learning the language.
I would suggest finding some beginner Japanese courses, tapes (perhaps the Pimsleur ones), or searching on the internet.

HTH,

������
jdoramacrave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: slang jap Reply with quote Back to top

hi,
i was wondering if ppl cld post some expressions that young ppl use in their language...such as ive heard ppl say jan, sa, ichattete etc. what do they mean?
thank you
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, please use the one of the existing threads regarding Japanese language.

Secondly, it's "Japanese," not "Jap." It's considered a derogatory term... See this thread: http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.22.htm

Locking.
kokuou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Firstly, please use the one of the existing threads regarding Japanese language.

Secondly, it's "Japanese," not "Jap." It's considered a derogatory term... See this thread: http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.22.htm

Locking.

Sorry, bmw. Bow
Didn't mean to override your authority (even though we both have the same amount Beaten), but I couldn't stand the title of the other thread, so I just merged.

������
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kokuou wrote:
Sorry, bmw. Bow
Didn't mean to override your authority (even though we both have the same amount Beaten), but I couldn't stand the title of the other thread, so I just merged.

������

No problem... I completely forgot about merging it. Thumbsup
don

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="kokuou"]

That is NOT the easiest way to learn Japanese.
In fact, it's probably the hardest way of learning the language due to the mass amount of slang used in both suggestions.

Don't get me wrong--I <3 Gokusen and Nobuta, but they are definitely not the way to go in terms of learning the language.
I would suggest finding some beginner Japanese courses, tapes (perhaps the Pimsleur ones), or searching on the internet.
quote]

Au contraire. It might be a very effective way for the OP, who has a good understanding of Japanese, to learn slang. I've been using dramas ever since I started studying the language and have found that it's a great help. Now its part of my languange immersion program. Also, it helps to learn about modern Japanese culture--as long as you understand some of it is exaggerated--like U.S. dramas.
sailoreee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a hilarious book called Making Out In Japanese and a sequel book too. Anyone who wants to learn the street talk should pick up this book. Some interesting chapter titles include: "Curses and Insults", "Street Fighting", and "Lover's Language", . Yes yes... this book has provided me with hours of entertainment.

There's no CD though, so you should understand Japanese basics.
Applaud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Learn Japanese All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: