jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Beginner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geezer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

Just a heads-up for anyone in the western U.S. who gets the International Channel on cable.

The IC will be showing "The Beginner" on Sunday evenings starting with the first Sunday in Feb.

It's the replacement for "Ooku" The Inner Palace, which ends its run at the end of January.

I don't know anything about the show other than what I've read here at jdorama.
nikyy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

a short introduction of Beginner here

http://j-fan.com/drama/drama.cgi?action=viewrev&season=Fall_2003&show=Beginner

An interesting drama, probably one of the best in the previous season^^
Geezer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: intro Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Nikyy,

Hmmm. Boy, the more I see, the more I think a show like this, sans subs, is gonna be a bit too much for my restaurant Japanese.

Well, you never know. I made it through 4 episodes of "Ooku" before I had to admit to defeat.
atheon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the show very much.....yasuko Lovey Eyes
Great acting too....learned a lot about law and those law terms.
-- Tokyo
YUI Lover: The 1st YUI Forum & Fansite
nikyy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

atheon wrote:
I like the show very much.....yasuko Lovey Eyes
Great acting too....learned a lot about law and those law terms.

yup, yasuko looks really elegant in the show ^^
loves the chemistry btw her & tsutsumi shinichi, looks like the more they argue, the better their relationship will be, heehee
atheon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

nikyy wrote:

loves the chemistry btw her & tsutsumi shinichi, looks like the more they argue, the better their relationship will be, heehee

They are really great couple.......made the show very interesting and not just about discussion.... Mr Green
velvet_ice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

nikyy wrote:

nikyy>> where'd you get the drama from... Beginner was recently released in Japan... how's it possible you can receive it in singapore?
atheon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

velvet_ice wrote:

nikyy>> where'd you get the drama from... Beginner was recently released in Japan... how's it possible you can receive it in singapore?

well, i'm not nikky....but i got it in M'sia....in my aunt's shop.
nikyy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

velvet_ice wrote:

Hi, I got my copy from Taiwan yahoo auction..
Geezer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: One Episode in Reply with quote Back to top

What a drag.

The girls look great, and I became a huge Tsutsumi Shinichi fan when I watched him steal every episode he was in, in "Musashi".

But it's pretty obvious that "Beginner", which reminds me a lot of an American show I loved called "The Paper Chase", is going to be beyond my poor Japanese.

They lost me shortly after they sat down for their study group.

The drag is that I bet this is one I would have kept in my collection, if it had subtitles.
Michi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

atheon wrote:

well, i'm not nikky....but i got it in M'sia....in my aunt's shop.

with malay subs?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
atheon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Beginner Reply with quote Back to top

Michi wrote:

with malay subs?

Chinese... Mr Green
but even with chinese subs, they're a lot of terms....a bit hard to follow.
you know lar, those malay subs terrible..... Sweat
zbl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just finished watching "beginner" a few days ago and thought that it was an excellent dorama. especially liked the way that it slowly brought out the backgrounds of each character through the course of the story, though i would have liked much much more information about them. the debate about the law is interesting but sometimes i got lost in the legal terms. all in all, i still liked the dorama and would recommend it to anyone.
UWFShooter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since I get it on my boob tube for free, I have the same ambivalent feelings toward it. As a matter of fact, right now I'm deciding whether to leave my parents' house early so I can catch it at 10, or just staying here and leave then. If the wankers at Fujisankei Communications Group (Fuji TV's U. S. arm) think its local viewers don't need subtitles, they're more stupid than I thought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gohmifune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UWFShooter wrote:
Since I get it on my boob tube for free, I have the same ambivalent feelings toward it. As a matter of fact, right now I'm deciding whether to leave my parents' house early so I can catch it at 10, or just staying here and leave then. If the wankers at Fujisankei Communications Group (Fuji TV's U. S. arm) think its local viewers don't need subtitles, they're more stupid than I thought.

I asked IC, and they explained it was more of a matter against japnese law, that made it difficult to get somethings subtitled.
Shiro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

will The Beginner be showing on the International channel in the east too? and, though i doubt it, will it have english subs? =[
den4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, there are some really weird Japanese laws out there.....but to each country their own Bleah

methinks they would change their tune if they knew how much revenue they could get with more viewers tuning in, but they aren't up to that point, yet, perhaps....
Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: International Channel shows Reply with quote Back to top

Shiro,

I don't know if IC will be showing "Beginner" in the East... but if they do, it's doubtful it will have subtitles.

International Channel's Japanese Drama hour is called; "Fuji Fun Time" and the last 5 dramas they've shown have been Fuji productions, all without subs.

Since I discovered IC's Japanese Drama hour they've shown, in order:

"Always the Two of Us" broadcast in Japan in Spring of '03.

"Beauty or the Beast" broadcast in Japan in Spring of '03.

"Ooku; The Inner Palace" broadcast n Japan in Summer of '03

"Dr. Coto's Clinic" broadcast in Japan in Fall of '03.

"Beginner" broadcast in Japan in Winter of '03.

The good thing about International Channel is that you're getting the shows right after they finish their run on Japanese TV. And there's no cutting for time.

The bad thing is, none of them have subtitles.
Shiro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it is showing here, but ur rite, no subs =[ sigh
PistonHondaEM1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shiro wrote:
it is showing here, but ur rite, no subs =[ sigh

Yeah I saw it last night, too bad no subs. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: