jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
BATTLE ROYALE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found the novel today. I think I have to buy it. But it's really expensive.
kapchan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: battle royale Reply with quote Back to top

loved BRI, ABSOLUTELY HATED BRII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U Suck man did that movie suck bigtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 Bang Head
Saito_Hajime

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: battle royale Reply with quote Back to top

kapchan wrote:
ABSOLUTELY HATED BRII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U Suck man did that movie suck bigtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 Bang Head

Yeah, BRII didn't meet my expectations when it comes to the gory scenes, which I think is the thing which most of us looks forward to when we saw the first movie. Yeah Beaten Though it lacks in gory scenes, I think the story is ok, so it is still watchable in my opinion. Mr Green

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andro wrote:
I found the novel today. I think I have to buy it. But it's really expensive.

It's worth the money. It really is a book that is very deep if you look past the gore. The movie (and the manga) are based on the novel. Haven't read the manga but the novel gives WAY more background, detain and interaction between the characters. It is one of my favorite books.

Smi

The characters "they are part of you" when you are done
Andro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I asked mom to buy the book for my birthday. I didn't read the manga too, but I want to. The movie was great I loved it!!!
ShhHimitsu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i heard this story is really good and from all your comments it sounds good, so could anyone let me know where this is uploaded with english hardsubs? thanks in advance for any help

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ShhHimitsu wrote:
i heard this story is really good and from all your comments it sounds good, so could anyone let me know where this is uploaded with english hardsubs? thanks in advance for any help

youtube has both battle royale movies with english subtitles
Raining JHan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kapchan wrote:

youtube has both battle royale movies with english subtitles

Yeah i just bought the DVD Collection which has both movies, i ordered from Korea though, but u can still watch it in Japanese with Eng subs or Korean with Eng subs, both movies were great, I gotta say i really loved Battle Royale II, based on the fact that they died in pairs this time, only disappointing part to me was, the fact that the people were dying off really fast from than in Part one?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow, first person i've seen that liked BR2.

Congrats for bucking general consensus. Applaud Beaten
Raining JHan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
wow, first person i've seen that liked BR2.

Congrats for bucking general consensus. Applaud Beaten

right? hey i thought the movie was actually good, did u not like Battle Royale II?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i thought it was garbage. Id rather watch SOS again.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:

<shudders> i couldn't even finish the first one...ish was lame....and i was even drinking a beer while i was watching it.
Raining JHan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:

Garbage? what did u not like about it, the fact that most of the characters died off fast, or u did not like the Plot/Setting? Battle Royale II was quite longer than Battle Royale I too i might add?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Raining JHan wrote:

Garbage? what did u not like about it, the fact that most of the characters died off fast, or u did not like the Plot/Setting? Battle Royale II was quite longer than Battle Royale I too i might add?

the plot sucked ass, it felt rushed and not properly hashed out. none of the unique qualities that the first film had. basically a bad sequel that didn't need to exist.

i dont believe length has little to do w/ the quality of a film. 3 hours of garbage is still 3 hours of garbage, period. If you use that as a criteria for quality, then you've not watched enough movies. But hey, you're welcome to have your own opinion.
Raining JHan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:

the plot sucked ass, it felt rushed and not properly hashed out. none of the unique qualities that the first film had. basically a bad sequel that didn't need to exist.

i dont believe length has little to do w/ the quality of a film. 3 hours of garbage is still 3 hours of garbage, period. If you use that as a criteria for quality, then you've not watched enough movies. But hey, you're welcome to have your own opinion.

alright, alright point proven!!!, i just thought it was pretty cool!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="krim"]

wasn't the first movie based on the novel? i thought the 2d movie was just banking on the popularity of the first one. sad, sad attempt to do so. i felt the exact same emotion when i watched meteor garden 2. Shameful Cry
krim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pretty much.

i dont like sequels in general... unless there was already a second, thrid novel to base it on.
slashersam016

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

theres a American version of BR which will release in 2008.. damn... americans really suck at remakes.... i wish they would just leave it the way it was....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thtl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

slashersam016 wrote:
theres a American version of BR which will release in 2008.. damn... americans really suck at remakes.... i wish they would just leave it the way it was....

The American film industry is very proficient at ruining whatever movie it was they try to remake. Case in point - the movie "The Boat House" starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves was a sordid version of the original Korean movie "Il Mare", starring Jeon Ji-Hyun. The original was good enough for a nomination at the Berlin Film Festive; the remake was barely fit for the trash bin. Bang Head
slashersam016

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thtl wrote:

The American film industry is very proficient at ruining whatever movie it was they try to remake. Case in point - the movie "The Boat House" starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves was a sordid version of the original Korean movie "Il Mare", starring Jeon Ji-Hyun. The original was good enough for a nomination at the Berlin Film Festive; the remake was barely fit for the trash bin. Bang Head

just like i thought... it was a remake... tsk tsk.... Bang Head Shake Head
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: