jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Yamaguchi Tomoko
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geezer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man, I wish Tomoko couldfind another drama worth doing.

I think I may have to break out "King's Restaurant" tonight after work.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Man, I wish Tomoko couldfind another drama worth doing.

I think I may have to break out "King's Restaurant" tonight after work.

Tomoko is still very popular even after her departure from television doramas. just in case you missed this post i made this morning:

Yukie Nakama
Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 16:02 EDT
TOKYO — Actress Yukie Nakama, 26, and Seattle Mariners outfielder Ichiro, 32, were voted most popular TV personalities in a survey conducted this past summer by Video Search. The survey is conducted in winter and summer each year and is considered a barometer to determine the most popular celebrities. While Ichiro is not a TV celebrity, Video Search said he gained support from a wide range of ages for leading Japan to the World Baseball Classic championship and due to his increased exposure in TV commercials.

Yankees outfielder Hideki Matsui, 32, fell from 7th to 17th most likely due to his long absence due to a broken wrist.

Nakama has moved up from her previous second place in winter, spurred by her appearance in NHK's drama "Komyo ga Tsuji." Female singing group Dreams Come True were second and actress Yuki Amami, 39, who received praise for her performance in the TV drama series "Top Caster," moved up to third place from her previous 12th position.

The top 10 women were Yukie Nakama, Dreams Come True, Yuki Amami, Tomoko Yamaguchi, Nanako Matsushima, Masami Hisamoto, Satomi Kobayashi, Hitomi Kuroki, Eri Fukazu and Yuka.

The top 10 in the male category were Ichiro, Sanma, Bakusho Mondai, Joji Tokoro, Hidehiko Ishizuka, Shingo Katori, Ken Shimura, Tomomitsu Yamaguchi, Keisuke Kuwata and Hiroshi Abe.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

Tomoko is still very popular even after her departure from television doramas. just in case you missed this post i made this morning:

Yukie Nakama
Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 16:02 EDT
TOKYO �\ Actress Yukie Nakama, 26, and Seattle Mariners outfielder Ichiro, 32, were voted most popular TV personalities in a survey conducted this past summer by Video Search. The survey is conducted in winter and summer each year and is considered a barometer to determine the most popular celebrities. While Ichiro is not a TV celebrity, Video Search said he gained support from a wide range of ages for leading Japan to the World Baseball Classic championship and due to his increased exposure in TV commercials.

Yankees outfielder Hideki Matsui, 32, fell from 7th to 17th most likely due to his long absence due to a broken wrist.

Nakama has moved up from her previous second place in winter, spurred by her appearance in NHK's drama "Komyo ga Tsuji." Female singing group Dreams Come True were second and actress Yuki Amami, 39, who received praise for her performance in the TV drama series "Top Caster," moved up to third place from her previous 12th position.

The top 10 women were Yukie Nakama, Dreams Come True, Yuki Amami, Tomoko Yamaguchi, Nanako Matsushima, Masami Hisamoto, Satomi Kobayashi, Hitomi Kuroki, Eri Fukazu and Yuka.

The top 10 in the male category were Ichiro, Sanma, Bakusho Mondai, Joji Tokoro, Hidehiko Ishizuka, Shingo Katori, Ken Shimura, Tomomitsu Yamaguchi, Keisuke Kuwata and Hiroshi Abe.

Good job, Triky... I forgot to mention that article to Geez. Sweat
Geezer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Usually I don't give a rat's about magazine lists. You know, who's most popular, who's prettiest, the ten best whatever. All those lists tell me is that none of the reporters could think of a story to write that month.

But since Tomoko is listed... I'll take this as vital information.

Thanks Tu_triky.

But I'll say it again... now she has to turn that popularity into a new show, or a couple of good movies.

I miss Tomoko!
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Good job, Triky... I forgot to mention that article to Geez.

no prob.

Geezer wrote:
Usually I don't give a rat's about magazine lists. You know, who's most popular, who's prettiest, the ten best whatever. All those lists tell me is that none of the reporters could think of a story to write that month.

But since Tomoko is listed... I'll take this as vital information.

Thanks Tu_triky.

But I'll say it again... now she has to turn that popularity into a new show, or a couple of good movies.

I miss Tomoko!

yeah well i thought the poll was exceptional, as i mentioned, because the woman has been "out of the spotlight" for so long yet she still seems to have many adoring fans....which is amazing in the capricious world of japanese entertainment.
shin2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone know if her absence is self-imposed or a result of the trend to give roles to young, vacuous, talentless, over-hyped cutout dolls?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:
Does anyone know if her absence is self-imposed or a result of the trend to give roles to young, vacuous, talentless, over-hyped cutout dolls?

That pretty much sums it up in my mind... And it applies to all the pretty-boy male "stars" as well. bleh

Take a guy with effeminate features, bleach and feather his hair and boom: New drama j-idol. hehe
Shindou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

yeah well i thought the poll was exceptional, as i mentioned, because the woman has been "out of the spotlight" for so long yet she still seems to have many adoring fans....which is amazing in the capricious world of japanese entertainment.

i'm looking forward to her upcoming special on the Hermitage w00t!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:

i was under the impression that she stepped out of the limelight voluntarily but i can't confirm that with absolute certainity.
bijin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe she had refused a lot of offers since years.

Shindou wrote:

i'm looking forward to her upcoming special on the Hermitage w00t!

yep yep yep Dancing

http://bb.goo.ne.jp/contents/KYDGNC/KYDGNC200610200001/index.html
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/video_gallery/showbizzy_interview/g061045.html

http://www.mainichi-msn.co.jp/entertainment/geinou/200610/graph/12_2/
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, Tomoko Yamaguchi fans, which is the best (not necessarily your favorite) Tomoko Yamaguchi dorama series you have seen. For me, it's Ohsama no Resutoran (King's Restaurant) with Sweet Home a very close second.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:
Hey, Tomoko Yamaguchi fans, which is the best (not necessarily your favorite) Tomoko Yamaguchi dorama series you have seen. For me, it's Ohsama no Resutoran (King's Restaurant) with Sweet Home a very close second.

Haven't seen very many at all, but I really liked her in Double Kitchen. Victory! Peace!
Shindou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:

so far, Long Vacation, followed by King's Restaurant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad more people on this site don't know or aren't fans of Tomoko Yamaguchi. Or if they are aware of her, it's only from seeing her in Long Vacation. She was in some really outstanding dorama series, all made in the early to mid-90's. I guess she is of a generation which doesn't interest the bulk of members of this site, who were children or babies when Yamaguchi was at her peak. She was only in her early 30's when she stopped doing dorama; while there are a few excellent actresses in their 30's still working on TV series (Eri Fukatsu, Yuki Amami, and Ryoko Shinohara come to mind), none imo have shown that special "it" which set Yamaguchi apart from her contemporaries, which included some really outstanding actresses.
Shindou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:
Too bad more people on this site don't know or aren't fans of Tomoko Yamaguchi. Or if they are aware of her, it's only from seeing her in Long Vacation. She was in some really outstanding dorama series, all made in the early to mid-90's. I guess she is of a generation which doesn't interest the bulk of members of this site, who were children or babies when Yamaguchi was at her peak. She was only in her early 30's when she stopped doing dorama; while there are a few excellent actresses in their 30's still working on TV series (Eri Fukatsu, Yuki Amami, and Ryoko Shinohara come to mind), none imo have shown that special "it" which set Yamaguchi apart from her contemporaries, which included some really outstanding actresses.

yeah, i'd really like to see more of her doramas but i cant find anything other than king's restaurant and long vacation. wish some of her older doramas would get subbed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shindou wrote:

yeah, i'd really like to see more of her doramas but i cant find anything other than king's restaurant and long vacation. wish some of her older doramas would get subbed

Sweet Home and Double Kitchen are English subbed.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
More Tomoko news on video: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/video_gallery/showbizzy_interview/g061072.html

my japanese sucks anyway, but man she's speaks fast in that interview!
Shindou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:

Sweet Home and Double Kitchen are English subbed.

oh ya, i have double kitchen, will need to get sweet home then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: