jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japan Expo 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I'm thinkin' that this thread should be in the GD forum... Along with the Nisei Week thread and similar...
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Hmm, I'm thinkin' that this thread should be in the GD forum... Along with the Nisei Week thread and similar...

makes sense...i guess it's not necessarily a discussion that falls within the penumbra of the japanese entertainment industry/world
MissMonika

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I went today. It was pretty ok. Watched the fashion show and the Taiko drum performances. Also waited an hour and half in line to get some takoyaki (so yummy!) and yakisoba. My brother didn't mind since he loved it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moving to the GD forum.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MissMonika wrote:
I went today. It was pretty ok. Watched the fashion show and the Taiko drum performances. Also waited an hour and half in line to get some takoyaki (so yummy!) and yakisoba. My brother didn't mind since he loved it.

nice...i think the "food court" is one of the traditional favorites. all children of the earth love takoyaki.
tabana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I could eat takoyaki. Puppy Dog Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
I wish I could eat takoyaki. Puppy Dog Eyes

ore mo, tabanadamus. go prophesize the location of the sacred takoyaki.
tabana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rofl

I'm still trying to find good ramen. I must've picked the wrong crystal ball and took the gossip version instead of the food one. Bang Head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
rofl

I'm still trying to find good ramen. I must've picked the wrong crystal ball and took the gossip version instead of the food one. Bang Head

"the gossip version" ... lol. didn't know you guys had your own supply store..... Beaten

man, it's turned out to be scorching hot today so i decided against trying to rally the troops to go to the Japan expo....it's 91 degrees right now in downtown Los Angeles.....chotto atsui Sweat
tabana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bleh

I don't even want to think about the smell in that place.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
bleh

I don't even want to think about the smell in that place.

everybody will leave smelling like shoyu.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
rofl

I'm still trying to find good ramen.

did you ever eat at that Ajisen Ramen spot i mentioned many moons ago? well if you're still interested next time i go grocery shopping i can look for those GooTa instant ramen bowls if you'd like to try them.
tabana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No. They are 2 locations and it's in Toronto. I used to go there once every 2 months, but since I know there is a Ramen chain, I've never been there. Puppy Dog Eyes

As for the GooTa ramen, that'd be great, but I don't know if the package will cross the border. Packages with food always get open at the customs. Shameful Cry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:

As for the GooTa ramen, that'd be great, but I don't know if the package will cross the border. Packages with food always get open at the customs. Shameful Cry

oh are you serious? well that would be wack! it's a styrofoam bowl that's shrinkwrapped in plastic....wow, that sucks....hmm...well if i were to send it i would obviously send one just to test the waters so to speak....i'll keep you posted.
tabana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. Mr Green

If that doesn't work, they're always the speedboat or fake gas tank options. hehe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
Cool. Mr Green

If that doesn't work, they're always the speedboat or fake gas tank options. hehe

lol.....okay...talk about extreme measures to get a dose of japanese culture....we gotta hire drug runners to ferry ramen nowadays...

Last edited by Tu_triky on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
tabana

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I vote krim for tail gunner. hehe

I found a store called Miyamoto foods. Apparently one, if not the only, Japanese food store in town. I'll try to see what they have in store first.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabana wrote:
I vote krim for tail gunner. hehe

I found a store called Miyamoto foods. Apparently one, if not the only, Japanese food store in town. I'll try to see what they have in store first.

sounds promosing....good luck!
Hanzo21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Agreed.... It's pretty much of a pointless thread.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hanzo21 wrote:

Agreed.... It's pretty much of a pointless thread.

that wasn't his point, you missed it completely, his point was that it doesn't focus on geinokai Shake Head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: