jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Kou Kou Kyoushi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deleted_user

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks yuji+ for translating the drama Applaud
PistonHondaEM1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have to say the first episode was pretty good. I loved the english teacher's hair Big Grin
Takez0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zaza_tk87 wrote:
thanks yuji+ for translating the drama Applaud

Indeed

Beaten

You don't have to watch the first one to see the new one, but it doesn't hurt either Bleah
ruroshin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched the first ep, didn't realise Sonim was in this series. She isn't listed in the jdorama entry for this series so I'm guessing her role is pretty small? Anybody seen the whole series can confirm?
thesog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure Sonim has a rather large role as the friend of the main character. At the very least, she's a recurring character as there is a storyline about her as well.
niko2x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ruroshin wrote:
Just watched the first ep, didn't realise Sonim was in this series. She isn't listed in the jdorama entry for this series so I'm guessing her role is pretty small? Anybody seen the whole series can confirm?
your right, she isn't listed here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: excerpt of DY article on Koko Kyoushi 2003 Reply with quote Back to top

Koko Kyoshi, a series which began in March 1993, was the story of forbidden love between a teacher and one of his students that garnered record ratings of 33 percent. A new series, set in the same school 10 years later, and with the same title, began running Jan. 10 on TBS at 10 p.m. It's also the story of a great love, but is not, nor was it ever planned to be, a sequel to the first series.

Second-year student Hina Machida (Aya Ueto) meets Ikumi Koga (Naoto Fujiki) at a game center, and spends the night with him, after telling him she is 20 years old. The next day, the new math teacher arrives at her school, and, surprise, surprise, it's Koga. As in the first series, the script was written by Shinji Nojima, while the theme song, "Bokutachi no Shippai" (Our Mistake), is sung by Doji Morita and background music is composed by Akira Senju. "This great plot came into my head," Nojima said during a recent interview, "and it really worked great with a student-teacher situation. It didn't have to be a high school teacher, but when I thought up that plot, I got the urge to try to outdo the job I did 10 years ago.

" Koga used to be an elite civil servant at the Education, Science and Technology Ministry, but is suffering from an incurable disease. In the first series, the student harbored a shocking secret--here, the secret is the teacher's. "I didn't want the two storylines to be exactly the same," Nojima explained. "By turning them upside down, the puzzle was solved." The theme of this series is dependence. "I wanted to explore the difference between dependence and love," Nojima said. "Two people completely dependent on each other can, at first glance, look like they're in love, but can it really be called love? Writing about it, I myself wasn't sure. Unlike the first series, which developed in a fairly straight line, this one approached the subject in a round-about manner, delving into psychological matters, and I think the characters are more multifaceted." "My scenes as Koga-sensei made me really nervous," Ueto said recently. "I'm not very good at love scenes." Fujiki, who looked very tense, said, "There's a lot of pressure because of the success of the first series. I just want to concentrate on each scene as it comes along."

Other characters include Hina's friend, Beniko, played by singer Sonin, in her first acting roll, and Yuji, a young host in a host bar, played by Hirotaka Narumiya, who tries to get close to her. There's also Koga's doctor, Yuriko, played by Azusa Mano, and fellow teachers, played by Kaori Manabe and Koji Okura. Producer Kazuhiro Ito said, "It's been 10 years, but we wanted to make the new series as fresh as possible."

The English teacher in the first series, Tomoki Fujimura, played by Masaki Kyomoto, raised some eyebrows at the time. Ten years later, he's one of the head teachers at the school. "The first series ended with Episode 11," Kyomoto said. "For me, it's like starting up with Episode 12. They're really digging into Fujimura's character, and this is a great chance for me. We talk about the teachers from the first series, too, so fans of that show should enjoy it."

The director for the first episode of the new Koko Kyoshi is veteran Shinichi Kamoshita. When the first series came out, he was directing well-known TBS dramas like Kishibe no Arubamu and Fuzoroi no Ringotachi.

Comparing the first and second series, he said: "The first was all about love, but the theme in the second is love and death. When the gods gaze upon mankind, manipulating love and death--is man happy or unhappy?"
ruroshin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
your right, she isn't listed here.

awww there should be one for her. I feel sorry for Sonim, I heard that her record label Toy Factory kicked her out and watching the PV to her latest single I think its true because its defintely not Toy Factory anymore. Now after watching last week's Utaban I think she's gone Indies. Sad
DragonSpirit164

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha I'm about to get this from SG Auctions.. From this thread it sounds pretty good!!! Mr Green Really excited to watch it!!! Nut
shirahime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want the song in the end of eps 2, please help me find it Sad
PistonHondaEM1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG!! hahaha I couldn't stop laughing in the scene where they are at the club in ep. 2. they had the "she bangs" song playing and it reminded me of william hung from american idol. LMAO
swoc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PistonHondaEM1 wrote:
OMG!! hahaha I couldn't stop laughing in the scene where they are at the club in ep. 2. they had the "she bangs" song playing and it reminded me of william hung from american idol. LMAO

lol i noticed that. he just got a record deal too.

does anyone know who plays tejima emi sensei. she's rather hot.
tight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

swoc wrote:

lol i noticed that. he just got a record deal too.

does anyone know who plays tejima emi sensei. she's rather hot.

I think its her:

She is Manabe Kaori, and should be included on JDorama's listing for this drama too.
Pemu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tight wrote:

I think its her:

She is Manabe Kaori, and should be included on JDorama's listing for this drama too.
Don't be too hasty. Updating the all info on artists and dramas aren't simple for one man's task. It takes time to do such a huge task. She'll be listed sometime in the future.
FaBiAn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Beniko From Kou Kou Kyoushi Reply with quote Back to top

Is she Hiroe from moto kare? Looks like the same person to me
thesog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is possible. I've seen the ending credits for Moto Kare more times than I wanted to Google and noticed SONIM's name listed there. Never really bothered to see if she had a role or just lent a song.
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thesog wrote:
It is possible. I've seen the ending credits for Moto Kare more times than I wanted to Google and noticed SONIM's name listed there. Never really bothered to see if she had a role or just lent a song.

i've never watched kou kou kyoshi 2003.. just wanted to say, yes, sonim is a cast in moto kare..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mista_t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha yea I noticed her lips in kou kou kyoushi 2003, but I thought that couldn't be sonim, until there was this peice of dialouge where she says hold on hold on, agata agata?, and it was exactly like a part of a song from her album last year, i think the song was called heibontekijyoshi. right at the end, some guy knocks on the door and she says the same thing the exact same way, too bad i never saw the PV, crazy eh?
windrider

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SPOILERS BELOW

Just finished watching the 2003 version. I totally love it but does anyone know exactly whether the teacher died in the end? Is there like a special after this series?
dummyuser12

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

windrider wrote:
SPOILERS BELOW

Maybe not best to talk about it in this thread... Even though you write spoiler it's probably easy to see by accident for a person browsing. I recommend now that I'm giving the answer you edit your post and remove the spoiling info. I'll answer really small so just cut and paste into notepad.

The answer is that there is no answer. The show ends in such a way that you have to imagine for yourself. But remember the flashback at the end. Hina asks Koga whether he believes in miracles. He says no - that they aren't scientific. Hina says she believes, Koga's reply is "You'd believe in anything." So think about it... Hina really wanted to believe he could survive. But ... alas we see her alone holding one of her good luck charms at the lake. Is it possible he didn't die? Yes. But in my opinion he did. Nevertheless, you have to respect the original work and so my translation also leaves it open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: