jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Tokyo Friends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monta wrote:

i thought Eita's role was pretty big! at least it's bigger than Hiraoka Yuuta's. I really like Hiraoka Yuuta. i was hopin he talked more in the dorama.

sequel? dunno. only dorama and movie i think (dorama -> movie)

by the way, you watched the movie one right? I think Anime Dad's lookin for where to get it

nice sig slasherham016

My mistake, didn't quite explain myself well.
I thought he didn't get a lot of screen time in the movie considering his character was quite important to the main character. Oh well, he did a great job, Eita san.

I rented this, so i saw it w/o subs.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I'm new here.. I have finished watch the drama.. and fall in love straight away.. at first I tought its was like NANA.. but its not!
thanks for link.. I have download the friends song.. but its not the sabakan version..
any one can help me where I can get the sabakan version.. and also other song in his drama.. oneigai..
by the way this drama was not finished yet right? and is there any different between movie and drama? thanks!
slashersam016

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dymmamie wrote:
Hi! I'm new here.. I have finished watch the drama.. and fall in love straight away.. at first I tought its was like NANA.. but its not!
thanks for link.. I have download the friends song.. but its not the sabakan version..
any one can help me where I can get the sabakan version.. and also other song in his drama.. oneigai..
by the way this drama was not finished yet right? and is there any different between movie and drama? thanks!

heres the Sabakan version of Friends:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSWE8NF9

yeah its true.. its not yet finished.. and the movie will be the last sequel of Tokyo Friends. but it has no eng subs yet...

still waiting for the movie to be sub....... Bonk

PS: downloading Ai Otsuka Love Cook concert 2006... w00t!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

btw, nice avatar slasher, looks cute
dymmamie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

slashersam016: OMG! thank you so much! you don't know how much I want it in MU link coz SS hates me so much.. since the earth quake..
and yeah your avvie was so cute!
I'm downloading.. can't wait for 15 minutes.. arigato!
slashersam016

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The_Lyrics wrote:
btw, nice avatar slasher, looks cute

hehehe thanks dude.. hehe

dymmamie wrote:
slashersam016: OMG! thank you so much! you don't know how much I want it in MU link coz SS hates me so much.. since the earth quake..
and yeah your avvie was so cute!
I'm downloading.. can't wait for 15 minutes.. arigato!

sure np.. im happy to help a Tokyo Friends fan too.. Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just noticed there was a Tokyo Friends thread Sweat
Anyway, I loved this series (especially because of Ai and Rio).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

misato-chan wrote:
I just noticed there was a Tokyo Friends thread Sweat
Anyway, I loved this series (especially because of Ai and Rio).

Yeah Ai and Rio... both Kawaii Dancing ... have you seen the movie yet? i heard it has no subs as of now... Sweat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tokyo Friends movie is available on Silent Regrets with soft subs:

http://silentregrets.com/jmovies/tokyo-friends-movie.php

w00t!
Wynter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ralphm1999 wrote:

w00t!

YAY! I'm so glad you posted this!!! I'm watching the series right now and someone recommended that I watch the movie right after.glomp

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wynter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Wynter

I didn't think much of Tokyo Friends.

And Ai-chan was completely out of her depth. Having a couple of pop hits doesn't make you an actress, and it sure as heck doesn't give you the ability to carry a show as it's lead.

HOWEVER!!!

"Tokyo Friends" introduced me to Yoko Maki - she plays Ryoko, the depressed OL - and for that I'll be forever grateful.

By the third episode she simply took the show away from Ai.

Outrageously beautiful woman. Best young actress I've seen in years. And at the time of the show, I think she was 22.

Ignore the rest. They're after-thoughts. Keep your eye on Yoko "Ryoko" Maki for the rest of the show.

Geezer, will you believe it? Ryoko is my fav character thus far! I'm only part way through epi 2 and already she's managed to steal the show for me. All four actresses are the same age, and they were all 22 while shooting this show, but Maki-chan seems to have a depth in her acting ability that shines above the rest... and a certain maturity.

A-Oyaji, I'm really sorry, but really Ai-chan IS out of her league. She's cute and all, but I don't think acting is her thing. This isn't a bad thing... it's just not the right venue for her.

In either case, I'm itching to watch more when I get back. So far the drama is "alright", but I have the feeling that Ryoko and... the artist character... will help in making this drama a good experience for me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

S'alright, Wyn-chan. I guess i'm a Ai-chan fan through and through, but I can understand that you may not have my fan's appreciation for her Smile

BTW the "artist" is Maki-chan Smile

And as I posted in the other thread, I think Yoko Maki is wonderful too Smile She should be seen much more !!
slashersam016

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ralphm1999 wrote:

w00t!

Yatta!! great job by silentregrets. now everyone can watch it specially to those people who hate bittorrent. hehe w00t!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anime Dad wrote:
S'alright, Wyn-chan. I guess i'm a Ai-chan fan through and through, but I can understand that you may not have my fan's appreciation for her Smile

BTW the "artist" is Maki-chan Smile

And as I posted in the other thread, I think Yoko Maki is wonderful too Smile She should be seen much more !!

I'm really starting to enjoy it, but I don't know who my fav is! I really liked Ryoko, because she actually makes me laugh and cry along with her, but my heart goes out to Maki-chan. And of course I'm partical to her because she's an artist. And then there's Hirono, who's so ditzy and flakey and cute! GAH!

>>watches another episode<<

Anime Dad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YAY! Wyn-chan is hooked Smile
MissMonika

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched the first half of the movie and...

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

hehe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Review: 9/10

I don�ft usually enjoy short drama series, because I always find the storyline rushed. With limited time, things like character development and plot growth are usually sacrificed. When I finished the first episode of Tokyo Friends, I felt the same way. Everything seemed so rushed (especially the relationship between Rei and Ryuuji ). And how, pray tell, was Rei able to sing in sync with the band when they hadn�ft even practiced together? Otsuka Ai may be a decent singer, but I didn�ft find her appealing as an actress. Her acting ability was abysmal in the first episode, but she does seem to improve later on. Otsuka was fortunate enough to have three other good actresses by her side to pull her through.

This was my first experience with Maki Yoko (who plays Ryoko) and I was instantly drawn into her. Although her character had a lot of negative characteristics, I couldn�ft help but feel for her. Yoko played Ryoko in such a brilliant manner that in the end all of Ryoko�fs flaws disappear and you�fre left with a lovable character.

Kobayashi Mao (who plays Maki) was perhaps my second favourite. I have seen Mao in Taiyou no Uta, but her role was so minor in that drama that it can barely be considered �gexposure�h. In Tokyo Friends Mao actually had a chance to shine. And shine she did. Her character was mysterious and charming and pure, and Maki was perfect in such a role.

Although I wasn�ft blown away by Matsumoto Rio�fs performance in Ace wo Nerae, I was stunned to find her play a completely different role in Tokyo Friends. And she was great. Some more exposure would have been nice, but she successfully carried through with the flakey, ditzy, silly character of Hirono.

The plot was really basic: four friends in Tokyo trying to find themselves by getting lost in a large city. And although the plot is basic, its simplicity is what makes it so great! The plot provided a lot of room for character growth, and although I found the first episode to be a little rushed, the others were nicely paced. Once you come to the realization that time passes between each episode, everything falls into place.

Was the drama brilliant? Not at all, and it doesn�ft hold up to some of the brilliant dramas I have seen. However, it was really fun to watch and I would probably watch it again. And again. I want to be a Tokyo Friend.

Teranz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How come i seem to not be able to dl the drama? Everytime I click on the continuation link and after it brings me the that page that nothing happens =\

Edited.

K i managed to start dling. I didnt see the arrow down button tab at the side silly me =\
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I knew you would be hooked, Wyn-chan - even if we don't agree about Ai-chan's performance, there's enough in the series other than Ai to keep you interested. Personally, I thought all the girls were wonderful and I would gladly watch a sequel, if there was one Smile

If you didn't think Ai could act, did you at least like her singing?
Teranz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How do you use the subs which are in the .srt file?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: