jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Densha Otoko (The Train Man)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nacho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Densha Otoko Reply with quote Back to top

sHa[D]oW wrote:
great series! the cast was really something. Itoh Atsushi was REALLY good playing the trainman, all his shaking and stuff, awesome. Itoh Misaki was really cute, especially when she said "Mo-e" when she went to Akibahara with Densha. Toyohara Kosuke who played Saukrai was prob the funniest character in this drama. Its so funny seeing him planning all this stuff and end up failing miserably in the end.

great series. highly recommended.

I didn't get the joke when Itoh Misaki said "Mo-e." Did the Otakus loved the way she said it or were they dumb founded when she doesn't know what "Moe" is? BTW, what is Moe? lol
rixile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i've heared that this is a comedy drama and i can say a very interesting series since a lot of my friends already recommend this drama to me. Dancing
But the heart is like a rock on the shore
swallowed by the waves, love will take shape
through the many scratches.
uhno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rixile wrote:
i've heared that this is a comedy drama and i can say a very interesting series since a lot of my friends already recommend this drama to me. Dancing

If u haven't seen this drama yet....then u MUST!!! Well I liked it. I hope u do too!

Victory! Peace!
Wynter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Densha Otoko Reply with quote Back to top

Nacho wrote:

I didn't get the joke when Itoh Misaki said "Mo-e." Did the Otakus loved the way she said it or were they dumb founded when she doesn't know what "Moe" is? BTW, what is Moe? lol

I think "Moe" is just an Otaku's exlaimation towards something really cute. Like "MO-E!" when a kawai maid does something.... well, kawai. Make sense?

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moe: �G�� �y�����z (n) (1) sprouting; budding; (2) crush (anime, manga term); fascination; infatuation
Ling79

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh..now I know thet meaning of MOE. I thought it sounded 'dirty' Sweat (from POV of a girl ie)
hdht

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ling79 wrote:
Oh..now I know thet meaning of MOE. I thought it sounded 'dirty' Sweat (from POV of a girl ie)

oops >.< . . . .

I think HERMES really kawaii when she said "MO-EEEEEE" Applaud
She said it because Densha and his friends requested Yeah, u know ^^"
rixile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha!! okay i'll grab a copy now since i think i'll really enjoy this drama Victory! Peace!
But the heart is like a rock on the shore
swallowed by the waves, love will take shape
through the many scratches.
Danji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Haha Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pulling the Densha Otoko via d-addicts at the moment. Not too bad on the speed part either. Though, I have to say... it's really quiet in the SL/MM threads recently.

If anyone has any shows post 2005 and has SL/MM I'm happy to do a trade with you. Feel free to PM me and I'll send you my dorama list to peruse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madoka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hdht wrote:

oops >.< . . . .

I think HERMES really kawaii when she said "MO-EEEEEE" Applaud
She said it because Densha and his friends requested Yeah, u know ^^"

That was one of my favorite parts of the whole drama. That and when they would use the Star Wars theme when certain people showed up.
Wynter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Madoka wrote:

That was one of my favorite parts of the whole drama. That and when they would use the Star Wars theme when certain people showed up.

LOL! Yesh, when Miho's character showed up. It was her theme song. She was my fav character in the whole thing. I love it when she beats up on the men. rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Danji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Madoka wrote:

Do you mean the Darth Vader theme? That'd be awesome. I haven't started watching yet, but I'm very much looking forward to the show.

NOTE: If it hasn't already been said, the movie has been licensed for distro outside Japan by Viz Productions and new movie spinoff of the Anime/Manga company Viz Media.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I asked this in the "Who is..?" thread, but got no response, so I'm hoping the hardcore Densha fans in this thread can help me.

Does anyone know who the guy is pictured here with Densha?
He's not even mentioned on the official Densha Otoko website, as far as I can tell.

[/img]
MikeinLeiden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The strict translation of Moe doesn't really do it justice, here is the WIki translation which fits it better ^^

Moe (�G��, Moe? mo'e, pronounced "mo-eh" literally 'budding', as with a plant) is a Japanese slang word originally referring to fetish for or love for characters in video games or anime and manga. For example, �ዾ�����G��, meganekko-moe, "glasses-girl moe", describes a person who is attracted to fictional characters with eyeglasses. Since then, the term has come to be used as a general term for a hobby, enthusiasm, or fetish (non-sexual) �\ �S���G��, tetsudou-moe, "train moe", is simply a passionate interest in trains.

The most common features include youthfulness as a physical trait (young age) or as an emotional trait (naive or innocent outlook) and some obvious sympathetic weakness the character works hard to correct.
Wynter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: whatever Reply with quote Back to top

inamoto_yoi wrote:
do you think that?you know

Huh? Head Scratch

�P���B��

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just HAD to look-up this topic..

I have seen Densha Otoko now several times and its still very amusing. Its hillarious how all these internet-freaks are so connected with densha otokos adventure to fall in love with Hermess. Definetly a must-seen dorama !
Shinn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

�P���B�� wrote:
I just HAD to look-up this topic..

I have seen Densha Otoko now several times and its still very amusing. Its hillarious how all these internet-freaks are so connected with densha otokos adventure to fall in love with Hermess. Definetly a must-seen dorama !

I second that, i've only watched 2 episodes and it's already getting in my nerves.
Believe it or not I was like commenting all the time when densha did stupid things while usually i'm silent as dead when watching films.
About that guy above, I think I saw him in mandarin movies, but then again my memory sucks Bonk
Shinn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is that sambo master on the ending? They're the real geek, they made nice songs though
kakashi11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have just start watching this drama... after watching the 1st eps, i got hook up... it an nice and interesting show.... The song is nice... how can i find the song??
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kakashi11 wrote:
I have just start watching this drama... after watching the 1st eps, i got hook up... it an nice and interesting show.... The song is nice... how can i find the song??

Hint: OST thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 41 of 49

Jump to: