jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Watashitachi no Kyokasho
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jade_frost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Watashitachi no Kyokasho Reply with quote Back to top

Cast:
Kanno Miho - Tsumiki Tamako (lawyer)
Shosuke Tanihara - Seri Naoyuki (Tamako's boyfriend, lawyer)
Ito Atsushi - Kachi Kohei (substitute teacher)
Maki Yoko - Oshiro Saki (social studies teacher)
Sakai Wakana - Yoshikoshi Nozomi (English language teacher)
Okura Koji - Toita Atsuhiko (physical education teacher)
Mizushima Hiro - Yahata Daisuke (maths teacher)
Sato Jiro - Kumazawa Shigeichi (Japanese language teacher)
Maekawa Yasuyuki - Uda Masashi (Tamako's junior, lawyer)
Shida Mirai - Aizawa Asuka (2nd year student)
Fubuki Jun - Amagi Masumi (vice principal)
Igarashi Shunji - Amagi Otoya (vice principal's son)

Staff:
Scriptwriter - Sakamoto Yuji (Top Caster, Saiyuuki, Last Christmas, Anata no Tonari Dareka Iru)
Producer - Suzuki Yoshihiro (Saiyuuki, Densha Otoko, Ningen no Shoumei, Anata no Tonari Dareka Iru, Itsumo Futari De)

An accident occurs in a junior high school classroom. A student has fallen down. Pressed for a response, the teachers run about in a state of confusion. Was it an accident? An attempted suicide? A single lawyer appears at this school that has been embroiled in various troubles.

Classroom chaos, bullying, truancy, teachers who possess inadequate leadership qualities, etc. It has been pointed out that this variety of problems are present in schools today. However, it isn't easy to find solutions to the problems. Time and again, teachers try, fail and despair. While portraying the range of problems that plague schools, Watashitachi no Kyokasho at the same time depicts the dual nature of a person's heart - the bright and the dark - and shows that because anyone can shed light on the "gravity" of falling down, this isn't merely a school issue but also puts the spotlight on the way humans are.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yet another classroom drama.
jade_frost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With Seito Shokun, this makes two for this season.
runpup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Watashitachi no Kyokasho Reply with quote Back to top

jade_frost wrote:

Cast:
Kanno Miho - Tsumiki Tamako (lawyer)

Kanno Miho...yeah, I'm in and how... all day long!!

The Cutest Girl in the World!
jade_frost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watashitachi no Kyokasho Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI0YRkyEif0
jade_frost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Relationship chart:

jade_frost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Character profiles:

Tamako (Kanno Miho) is a lawyer with Kuraisa law firm. Tamako�fs considerably pragmatic, shrewd as a lawyer, and also strongly career-minded. She�fs romantically involved with Seri Naoyuki, lawyer and successor of Kuraisa law firm.

Kohei (Ito Atsushi) is assigned to substitute a teacher who had taken leave of absence due to a sudden bout of illness. He is put in charge of Year 2 Class 3. As a teacher, he has ideals and wishes but those ideals consequently hit against the wall of reality.

Naoyuki (Tanihara Shosuke) is a lawyer at Kuraisa law firm, and his future is promised as the successor of the firm. He grew up in privileged surroundings, and has an air of reliability. He is romantically involved with Tamako and they now live together.

Asuka (Shida Mirai) is a student from Year 2 Class 3. She doesn�ft have parents and lives at an orphanage. In school, she is treated somewhat like an oddball.

Masumi (Fubuki Jun) is the vice-principal of the secondary school. She wields absolute authority in order to maintain the fabric of the school.

Last edited by jade_frost on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
maui

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished watching the first episode of this drama.The story is so original, interesting and different from other school dramas.I'm really surprised with the twist at the end of the first episode.This drama is so dark and realistic.
The mood of the drama remind me of Anata no Tonari ni Dare ka Iru.
marienella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

very dark and depressing indeed. again, another brilliant performance so far from Kanno Miho, Ito Atsushi and Shida Mirai. w00t! but after watching sexy voice, i believe Ohgo Suzuka can challenge Shida in terms of acting.

question for anyone who has seen the episode and understands japanese.

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:
marienella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

to maui, ive read below that it's your birthday today!!!

���a�������߂łƂ�!!!Smile (i hope its written correctly!Smile)
maui

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

marienella wrote:
to maui, ive read below that it's your birthday today!!!

���a�������߂łƂ�!!!Smile (i hope its written correctly!Smile)

���肪�Ƃ��������܂��B

marienella wrote:
very dark and depressing indeed. again, another brilliant performance so far from Kanno Miho, Ito Atsushi and Shida Mirai. w00t! but after watching sexy voice, i believe Ohgo Suzuka can challenge Shida in terms of acting.

question for anyone who has seen the episode and understands japanese.

marienella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the info!Smile

this drama, along with sexy voice, jodan, and bambino, are the only ones that i will watch this season. the other dramas just dont appeal to me at all.Sad
estranged

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maui wrote:
I just finished watching the first episode of this drama.The story is so original, interesting and different from other school dramas.I'm really surprised with the twist at the end of the first episode.This drama is so dark and realistic.
The mood of the drama remind me of Anata no Tonari ni Dare ka Iru.

Just finished watching the first episode and I will have to agree. All the characters seem to be pretty interesting so I'm definitely gonna follow this show to see how it turns out.
jade_frost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A well-crafted first episode for the story. Watashitachi no Kyokasho is not likely to follow in the footsteps of other classroom dramas given the mood and tone of it started off with.

maui wrote:

I actually thought the girl meant
jade_frost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TELEVIEWS/Fruitless Search for Balanced Entertainment
WM Penn, Daily Yomiuri

Watashitachi no Kyokasho (Our Textbook, Fuji network, Thursdays, 10 p.m.) was the exact opposite. Good acting, nice background music, serious plot--but it was so bleak and depressing most people will think of a better way to pass the hour, although it is probably not over at TBS, where Kodoku no Kake (Thursdays, 10 p.m.) has Hideaki Ito playing a sexy moneylender and Kyoko Hasegawa a designer offering herself as collateral for a loan.

Watashitachi no Kyokasho is yet another drama focusing on the nation's education problems. It is enough to make one jump up and shout: Forget all the TV series. Somebody start solving the problems!

But the premise of this series is just that; there is no one to solve the problems. The teaching staff are a befuddled lot felled by the system themselves, unable to do more than climb the mountain of paperwork and keep track of the chalk in their dingy classrooms. One teacher moonlights as a bar hostess, the others look disturbed and disillusioned.

Some of the students look even more sinister, including a girl with a split personality who writes horror manga and calls herself Poe.

The problem with such dramas is that they tend to play on all the familiar stereotypes and present things as even bleaker than they are, confirming people's hopelessness and killing off the belief in and enthusiasm for change.

Miho Kanno plays an intense, gloomy, chain-smoking young lawyer with secrets of her own who suspects foul play in Asuka's death and just may be able to teach them all that fighting for what's right can change things.

Three stars for the drama itself but beware: It is buried in a very dark and cloudy sky.
fivesixteen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw the second ep which made me cry quite abit. One of the strongest dramas this season for me, it's a pity that not alotta people are interested.
And Miho Kanno is amazing here.
maui

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished watching ep 2 and my eyes got teary.I feel sympathy for Asuka.This drama is so good.

jade_frost wrote:

I actually thought the girl meant

I'm not sure but maybe you're right because i only watched it once.
chooniE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i find school dramas interesting and educational. gonna watch seito shokun too. haha! school days are the best!!!! *loading Watashitachi no Kyokasho* hehe
jade_frost

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watashitachi no Kyokasho drama introduction (includes interviews): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-efu5oVmtAQ
donna8157

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When I started watching this drama, I wasn't expecting this to be so serious. I thought it was another "inspirational" school drama like most I've seen. But I was surprised by the content and depth in some of the characters. It's a little depressing, but I'm sure I'll continue to watch it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: