jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
BATTLE ROYALE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished the book, and it was so awesome, more better than the movie!
I heart about this american remake-thing too. The americans have no own ideas?! Why have they always make remakes from asian movies? First Ringu, than Ju-On and now BR! I know it now, that it'll be a horrible movie!
nightsky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

does anyone have this movie?
Wynter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw this movie a few weeks ago. (hopefully it's the same one y'all are talking about) and I enjoyed it! I liked Kou's character the best. Sometimes I have my days where i wish I could pull this off iwth my own students. Wink hehe

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
slashersam016

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wynter wrote:
I saw this movie a few weeks ago. (hopefully it's the same one y'all are talking about) and I enjoyed it! I liked Kou's character the best. Sometimes I have my days where i wish I could pull this off iwth my own students. Wink hehe

yeah me too.. Shibasaki Kou as Mitsuko.. first time also i notice her as an actress.. Thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

slashersam016 wrote:

yeah me too.. Shibasaki Kou as Mitsuko.. first time also i notice her as an actress.. Thumbsup

Well this wasn't my first experience with her. I saw her in Orange Days, which she was awesome in. I wonder if Battle Royale was her first acting gig. Head Scratch

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
littlemissfab

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wynter wrote:

Well this wasn't my first experience with her. I saw her in Orange Days, which she was awesome in. I wonder if Battle Royale was her first acting gig. Head Scratch

I don't know about that, but her performance in this movie is haunting.

Creepy-haunting.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
supaflysista21

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Battle Royale Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Royale was okay. The second one was just plain stupid.
Wynter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Battle Royale Reply with quote Back to top

supaflysista21 wrote:

That's what I've heard so I've been hesitating to watch the second one. I heard the story doesn't work with the first one.

haziiie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Battle Royale Reply with quote Back to top

supaflysista21 wrote:

I agree. Though the first one really depressed me, it at least had a point. A point that I don't really agree with, but a point none the less.

The second one... meh. I wasn't moved by it.
evil_zai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

watched the second one just to be able to say i watched both. haha. but i like tatsuya, so it wasn't mostly a waste of time.

then make one...a world where you can live. i'll make one for you. -->shuji
slashersam016

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Battle Royale Reply with quote Back to top

supaflysista21 wrote:

i think its ok... its just that.. too much WAR.. right? anyway.. still the cast are great somehow..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Battle Royale Reply with quote Back to top

slashersam016 wrote:

i think its ok... its just that.. too much WAR.. right? anyway.. still the cast are great somehow..

Was anyone from the first movie in the second?

LuvBatafurai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Battle Royale Reply with quote Back to top

Wynter wrote:

Was anyone from the first movie in the second?

it was only Fujiwara and Maeda...

i thought this movie was kinda disturbing but i enjoyed it. part two had it's own point to it from my point of veiw. it's not so bad when you dun compared the two parts. I say, just watch it if you haven't seen the second one.
�P���B��

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen battle royale 1, and I personally liked the concept a lot but I agree that a part 2 with more or less the same storyline would get boring rather quickly.
Wynter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Battle Royale Reply with quote Back to top

LuvBatafurai wrote:

it was only Fujiwara and Maeda...

i thought this movie was kinda disturbing but i enjoyed it. part two had it's own point to it from my point of veiw. it's not so bad when you dun compared the two parts. I say, just watch it if you haven't seen the second one.

Ahhhh okies, thanks. Smile

As a teacher myself, you can see why I was intrigued by the story. Mr Green

bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

�P���B�� wrote:
I have seen battle royale 1, and I personally liked the concept a lot but I agree that a part 2 with more or less the same storyline would get boring rather quickly.

LOL, we could rename this thread Gokusen 1 and 2 and not miss a step, ne? hehe
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps LOL.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think I will watch the first one at least Smile

Although the list of things I have to watch is very long.
LuvBatafurai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anime Dad wrote:
Perhaps LOL.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I think I will watch the first one at least Smile

Although the list of things I have to watch is very long.

hahaha! tell me about it... i have a whole list... and i haven't dl one of em... *shame*...
Shuin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I think Battle Royale 1 is much better, but no harm in watching Battle Royale 2 too :|
its not the same story. =)
like what happened in Gokusen 1 and 2 =)
Domyouji

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I havent seent Battle Royale in a few years, but it is one that I would actually like it own. I loved it, and I also really liked the book.

However, I haven't seen the second movie either... people told me to stay away from it because it sucked. ^^;

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: