jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Yamada Taro Monogatari
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanie_chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Yamada Taro Monogatari Reply with quote Back to top

There's no thread for the summer dorama I anticipated the most, so I decided to make one!^^

Yamada Taro Monogatari, a dorama adapted from Morinaga Ai's manga published in 1996. All 14 volumes has been re-released recently.

By the same producer (Setoguchi Katsuaki) and director (Ishii Yasuharu) of Hana Yori Dango series. And a script written by MAGY. Comes a heart-warming, yet hillarious comedy drama about a poor boy named Yamada Taro.

Have no idea why, but seem like the Hana Yori Dango production team might have grew fondness over ARASHI, and so they casted 2 members of the group this time, Ninomiya Kazunari as Yamada Taro and Sakurai Sho as Mimura Takuya. And another themesong by ARASHI, titled HAPPINESS. Arashi's new single, due to be release in mid-August. (the song sounds good! I think I might like this song as much as I like Kitto Daijoubu^^)

For the heroine role, a relatively new actress, Tabe Mikako, has been casted, as Ikegami Takako, the girl who got head over heels for Yamada Taro. Most probably some of you might have seen her before in the movie, Hinokio: Inter Galactic Love. She also has a role in the upcoming summer movie, Saiyuuki The Movie, co-starring Katori Shingo and Fukatsu Eri.

Back in 2001, the manga had also been adapted to a Taiwanese drama, titled Poor Prince, starring Vic Zhou of F4.

I just watched the 20-mins making of this drama, and I decided to top this drama on my must-watch summer dorama list as #1!^^ This is a really heart-warming, touching, yet hillarious dorama... and less love story. I think I got enough highschool love story dramas, that's why I anticipate this one more than HanaKimi^^

The story focus on Yamada Taro(Ninomiya Kazunari), the down-to-earth and popular boy in school, whom so many girls falls for. Many rumours spread that he's a rich boy, that inherits a wealthy and distinguished family. But in reality, he is actually a member of a very, very poor family, and he has to feed one mother and 6 younger little siblings. He actually never tell lies about his background, its just the girls in school who always makes assumption themselves about his background, so even if he tells the truth that he's poor, no one believes him.

Ikegami Takako(Tabe Mikako), is also a poor girl and has a good-for-nothing parents. Her dream is "tama no koshi", gets marry to money. Her goal is to marry a rich man. And one day, she meet Taro. As soon as she hear about Yamada Taro's rumoured background, she is determined to be Taro's bride. But later... bit by bit, she come to seriously falls for him.

Mimura Takuya(Sakurai Sho), is a cold boy, and REALLY comes from a wealthy and distinguished family that runs the tea ceremony business. And he is Taro's close friend.

This is the manga background story. And as I just watched the making, seems like the dorama plot had to deviate from the manga plot, due to the fact they casted 2 ARASHI members, so obviously they cannot let Sakurai Sho to be a not really-important, supporting character. So, in the drama, there will be a lot of focus on Mimura Takuya character too. Thus, we can say there are 2 male leads in this drama.

In the drama, when Taro and Mimura met for the first time, seem like Mimura didn't like Taro much. But then he gradually see Taro's true character, and they become close friends.

I didn't really like Tabe Mikako's face, the first time I saw her. But in the making, she turns out to be quite fun and she proves she can act a character far different from herself.
In one scene, where she and Nino has to do a romantic scene, he hold her arm and they look into each other's eyes... suddenly, Tabe Mikako could not hold back her laugh^^ Nino looked bored, "She's laughing again...". And she said, "I went dokidoki for real there! Yabai, I think I've fallen in love with Ninomiya-kun,". Nino respond and talk to the staff, "Really! Yeah... I think she's fallen for me for real already,". Its great to see they get along^^ She gets along well with Sakurai Sho, too.

In the opening title's filming, Sho who stood beside Tabe Mikako, said to Nino, "Just now, I made a confession to her,". Nino was like, "You what??".
"Yeah, I asked her whether or not I can do an air-guitar duet together with her," Sweat hehe The girl is very lucky, nee... Each and every one of Arashi fans, might envy her from now on^^

For Nino fans, you'll enjoy the view of Nino with his cute younger siblings. He has great chemistry with the little kids, and I think there will be lots of touching moments with them. During the making, one of his younger sibling sleeps for real in a scene filming, and Nino rubbed his/her cheek^^

I'll look forward to this dorama very much!
ainangst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEY! yanie_chan! Hug
thanks for starting this!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
yanie_chan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Promotion shows, so far:

TBS�@6/29�@22�F00-22�F54 �u�����h�搶 (Burondo-sensei/Blonde-sensei)
Just Nino, with TOKIO's Kokubun Taichi as the host. Nino showed his English skill power here!!^_~

TBS�@6/30�@9�F30-14�F00�@ ���l�̃u�����` (ohsama no buranchi/king of brunch)

TBS�@6/30�@16�F00-17�F30�@�`�����l�����b�N1.5SP (channel rock 1.5 SP)

TBS�@7/1�@ 14�F00-15�F54�@�h���}�i�r (drama navi)
20-mins of the drama's making and interviews!

TBS�@7/2�@ 18�F55-20�F00�@�����t�����h�p�[�N�Q (Tokyo Friend Park)
Just watched this... Sho and Nino really did great in this one!! They had to win so many games.... really worth to watch!!!

I just read the manga. Bikkurishitaaaa~~~ regarding Sakurai Sho's character, Mimura Takuya's love interest!! xD

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

Wynter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, guys! I've added this drama to the database here: http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1181.htm

Please let me know if I missed anything.

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another of my highly-anticipated dorama! w00t!

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
yanie_chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the re-released manga cover recently:

ainangst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahhhh! Dancing

I've just watched the Tokyo Friends Park YamaTaro special! They won the Grand Slam (a trip for 2 each to Disneyland Paris). I've never seen a TFP episode with the guest winning before.. PLUS.. they won a PAJERO each! SUGOI Takuya & Taro!

Thanks to chai2 for the dailymotion vid: http://www.dailymotion.com/chai2/video/x2fvz8_20070702-tokyo-friend-park-part3/1

Btw... I'm not jealous of Tabe-chan and Nino but I do feel Bang Head watching the air guitar duet with Sho... grrrrr...
but yeah she's cute Smile.
Sho-kun can flirt all he want ( Puppy Dog Eyes )I'll just go to the corner of the room & cry....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
monta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ainangst wrote:

Btw... I'm not jealous of Tabe-chan and Nino but I do feel Bang Head watching the air guitar duet with Sho... grrrrr...
but yeah she's cute Smile.
Sho-kun can flirt all he want ( Puppy Dog Eyes )I'll just go to the corner of the room & cry....

lol

hehe . i always new this dorama thread would be like the 2nd arashi thread hehe Beaten Sweat

you're makin' me wanna watch this dorama even more

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The production team is the one who did HYD? Wow, ought to be the dark horse of the season!

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
yanie_chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WD wrote:
The production team is the one who did HYD? Wow, ought to be the dark horse of the season!

Yup! That's why I'm looking forward to it. The 20-mins preview of this drama, was quite promising. My expectation is that this drama, would probably on the same line along Hito ni Yasashiku. A drama that can make you laugh out loud in the beginning and cries buckets at the end, of each episode... y'know? I predict, there would be many touching moments between Taro and his younger siblings^^

Btw, a plot in the manga, something to look forward to, that might appear in the drama:

ainangst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanie_chan wrote:

Yup! That's why I'm looking forward to it. The 20-mins preview of this drama, was quite promising. My expectation is that this drama, would probably on the same line along Hito ni Yasashiku. A drama that can make you laugh out loud in the beginning and cries buckets at the end, of each episode... y'know? I predict, there would be many touching moments between Taro and his younger siblings^^

Btw, a plot in the manga, something to look forward to, that might appear in the drama:

oh! i don't know that its the same production team as HYD too! thanks for the info!

hmm.. can i reveal the spoiler?
people were posting the pictures it in LJ & vox...
gorgeous!
psst.... nino's wearing a french maid outfit & a cheongsam@ chinese dress
ainangst

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The title for Yamada Taro Monogatari 1st Episode is:
The Beautiful Prince is....... Extremely Poor
Thanks Jen for informing Smile

2 sunny side eggs for a family of 8...
They should have made it into an omelete & the rice into porridge instead.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should read the Posting Guidelines about using the spoiler tags. Shake Head
ainangst

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its already in the promo clips thus its not considered a spoiler.
In addition, it doesn't reveal any of the future plots but just a general description of the Yamada family that the clever viewers/ posters should've guessed/glimpsed/read/searched/known already.
yanie_chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One phrase to describe Ep.1 -> it was WELL DONE!! Applaud

I laughed alot at the first half, then I cried at the ending *_*

As expected, Yamada Taro Monogatari, has more or less the same directing quality as Hana Yori Dango. But YTM has more comical atmosphere, like Nodame Cantabile. Good comic special FX on good timings. Musics are good, I loved esp. the kingdom fairytale-like music^^

PLOT SPOILER:

ainangst

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanie_chan wrote:
One phrase to describe Ep.1 -> it was WELL DONE!! Applaud

I laughed alot at the first half, then I cried at the ending *_*

As expected, Yamada Taro Monogatari, has more or less the same directing quality as Hana Yori Dango. But YTM has more comical atmosphere, like Nodame Cantabile. Good comic special FX on good timings. Musics are good, I loved esp. the kingdom fairytale-like music^^

PLOT SPOILER:

So far I've only heard/read raves about it. Mr Green

cwenting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is the first episode with subtitles up? i want to watch!!
roaceica

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ cwenting--yes subs are out at arashi vox Applaud

can i just ask for those who have seen the first eppie--was it as nice as hyd? or was it just good? thanks!
ojouprincess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

roaceica wrote:
@ cwenting--yes subs are out at arashi vox Applaud

can i just ask for those who have seen the first eppie--was it as nice as hyd? or was it just good? thanks!

i can't really compare it with hyd... both have excellent cinematography... the first ep is the best! i'm really looking forward to the next ep...

hana kimi is taking all the hype right now, so yamada taro is kind of overlooked, which is sad because i think it has a potential to be the better drama (based on the first ep that is). ^_^
Mikari

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

woah..sounds interesting. producer & director of HYD?? I'll check the first epi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: