jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
LIFE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zhirong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: LIFE Reply with quote Back to top

Synopsis

Adapted from Keiko Suenobu's manga "LIFE," this drama delves into the dark side of high school life. The story focuses mainly on bullying, but the manga also touches on subjects such as self-mutilation, suicide, and rape. Kitano Kii stars as Ayumu Shiiba, one of the students bullied by a group of classmates led by Ayumu's former friend, Manami Anzai (Fukuda Saki)

Cast

Kitano Kii as Shiiba Ayumu
Fukuda Saki as Anzai Manami
Hosoda Yoshihiko as Sako Katsumi
Seki Megumi as Hatori Miki
Sakai Miki as Hiraoka Masako
Seto Asaka as Toda Wakae
Maya Miki as Shiiba Fumiko
Hoshii Nanase as Hirose Nodoka
Osawa Akane as Shinozuka Yuko
Katsumura Masanobu as Sako Toshikatsu
Nakamura Tomoya as Kano Akira
Suenaga Haruka as Iwamoto Midori
Ono Takehiko as Anzai Daijiro
Hojo Takahiro as Sonoda Yuuki
Yajima Kenichi

LIFE took over Liar Game airing on Saturday late night.

I've just finished the first episode. It seems to be a pretty dark school drama. The casts are mainly new too but show great potential.
Kitano Kii acting as the lead. She quite good I can say, her acting is mature for her age (16) and she can portray Ayumu nicely. Fukuda Saki is good too. Let see how this drama will fare.
concertmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read a few volumes of the manga and it is VERY dark and depressing. Some of things depicted are absolutely horrendous. Not sure how far the drama will go in this area; definitely not my cup of tea...
marienella

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

based on the first episode, this sure looks like a dark, twisted drama, never the less i still enjoyed it. the leads are great, Kitano Kii, Fukuda Saki and Hosoda Yoshihiko. His devilish grin at the end of episode 1 is scary..
concertmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

marienella wrote:
based on the first episode, this sure looks like a dark, twisted drama...

Twisted is an understatement, I would decribe the antagonists and events as pyschotic and horrific (in the manga).
BTW, this is based on a Shojo manga. I normally don't read this type of manga but was attracted to it's drawing style and bought several volumes, not knowing the full extent of its content. I mean, how dark can a Shojo manga be? Boy was I wrong... Sweat
nippon addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is there any subbed versions for this drama? i wanna watch this... thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nippon addict wrote:
is there any subbed versions for this drama? i wanna watch this... thanks!

go to D-addicts....

Real Talk:
another different drama... might as well watch this one also... Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

slashersam016 wrote:

go to D-addicts....

Real Talk:
another different drama... might as well watch this one also... Shocked

thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
haishya

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha YES it's really quite morbid after watching the first episode. i'll watch a few more. but if it's too much for me to take, i'll stop. not too healthy. Mr Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vtim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is quite dark but for some reason I like it. It`s so different to the other jdramas out now and ditches the stereotypical Japanese drama where comedy and long dialogue play the main roles. I finished watching episode 2 on Saturday night. Episode 2 is definitely darker than 1. I wont spoil it but it`s quite twisted in what happens to Ayumu and after that event every moment, you can really feel the tenseness of the situation. The actors are really good at playing their roles and give you the impression that they`re actually involved in the whole plot as if it was real life.

In Saga prefecture, Kyushu, episodes of LIFE air every Saturday night at 23:10 on Fuji TV.
oceansportrait

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually really impressed with the acting chops displayed by the 3 main leads (Ayumu, Manami, Sako). Especially the actress who portrayed Manami. Up until "LIFE", I'd only seen her in Sui10 Kokoro (a variety show where the hosts act out various situations sent in by viewers), and she was always utterly unconvincing when portraying the "bad" character. So I had very low expectations for her as Manami, but so far she's doing a great job balancing between the outer sweetness of the character and the devil that lurks within ^^

Hosoda Yoshihiko (who plays Sako) is equally amazing. The licking of his hand bit was a bit overdone, but it was still creepy nonethless, which was what it was supposed to be. The creepy laugh he did when he held Ayumu hostage in his room was pretty crazy ^^ Watching the LIFE cast play bowling on Nakata's special kind of ruined it for me though in seeing Hosoda BE Sako, because he was cute and funny with a hint of dasai-ness ^^ on that variety show.
zhirong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so from episode 2 onwards, it started to get more into the plot and show the dark side of this drama. I really have to praise Kitano Kii, Fukada Saki and Hosoda Yoshihiko. It is good to see that these young actors/actresses are maybe the future of Japanese drama because they did really great.

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

yamiyuurei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zhirong wrote:

I saw episode 1, prefer the manga though. the scene in dorama move so fast, dont get the edge. Bored
but still curious to know what happen next. I'll better wait for the subs.
JackClark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds really interesting I really want see this drama.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JackClark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ rofl Thats a good game, but I like Monopoly better.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JackClark wrote:
^ rofl Thats a good game, but I like Monopoly better.

Well, yeah. Smile

Abe Hiroshi was playing this game in Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, BTW. Smile
mikomi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This drama is really dark and depressing, but surprisingly addictive. I stayed up the whole night yesterday devouring the first 5 episodes and despite my disgust for some of the characters, I couldn't stop watching and loading the next epi. When I got to the 3rd ep, I became seriously pissed but above all, I was so upset that the main girl didn't stand up for herself until like the 5th episode. Overall, I'm impressed with the actings, esp. by that freaky boyfriend of Manami.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG this drama is as good as Hana yori Dango for me. As i did with HanaYoriDango, i always scream in front of my screen because the story is so ... "dark and depressive" as you say. i can't bear the unfairness of the situation. Ayumu is so touching. And Manami is ... what she is ...

Long live LIFE Bow

Waiting for the 8th episode ... [/i]
Freefall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

but the subs are not out yet, right? I downloaded the raws and waiting for the subs. Can�Lt wait to see it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: