jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Ueno Juri
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 584, 585, 586 ... 1732, 1733, 1734  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi Yojimbo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thtl wrote:

Actually Juri-sama was a sprinter during her high school days.

Ohhhh....ok. So, was it her first time to hold a bow and arrow during 2006? If that's the case then she surely is a natural...her form is even better than the guys who took the same challenge in the same show. Victory! Peace!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Usagi Yojimbo wrote:
hmmm.....I guess this the same "love" arrow that struck you straight in the heart. hehe

More like a punch in the face and a loud "Gyaboo!!" hehe

Quote:
....but much props to he form...I guess archery was her sport during junior high. Applaud

Hey, she can play the sax, play the piano, shoot arrows, run like a deer... She can do it all... How can you not adore a gal with those kinda mad skills? Victory! Peace!

Quote:
btw.....is it just me but I find her more "sexy" with the short hair...Maybe I have a nape fetish or something....seeing the back of her neck makes her more appealing to me. Mr Green

Hmm, guess that's why a lotta guys like gals in kimonos: their hair a typicall up, exposing the neck... Big Grin
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Usagi Yojimbo wrote:
Ohhhh....ok. So, was it her first time to hold a bow and arrow during 2006? If that's the case then she surely is a natural...

I wouldn't doubt it. Thumbsup

Quote:
her form is even better than the guys who took the same challenge in the same show. Victory! Peace!

Exactly: Eita was really embarrassed by that:

deseipher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Hey, she can play the sax, play the piano, shoot arrows, run like a deer... She can do it all... How can you not adore a gal with those kinda mad skills?

I'm in agreement there. Juri-chan is insanely talented. Mr Green
runpup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

akira luver wrote:

well done
Applaud
u already speak what i have in mind but dun really know how to put in word and dun really want to pick a fight with anyone especially Juri w00t!

Dun feed the troll!!

The Cutest Girl in the World!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deseipher wrote:
I'm in agreement there. Juri-chan is insanely talented. Mr Green

*high five* Victory! Peace!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From 2005. Big Grin

phlargo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

*high five* Victory! Peace!

<big smile and nod> Agreement.
helterskelter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

runpup wrote:

Dun feed the troll!!

Feed the troll?? bleh Whatever that means.

Well, it is obvious that I am not sending my message clear to people here anyway so what's the use of having to argue. Clearly, this is an unfair, discrimination-laden forum afterall.

Discrimination is all over this thread. No one would dare take sides with a new member simply because they would not want to pick a fight with the old posters or worse, the mods. The reason why I began posting wasn't to pick a fight with anyone anyway. I was hoping to straighten the wrinkled beliefs and practices of some. But I guess, it's no use.

When males fanboy over the female stars, they make it sound like it is okay. Unlike when the females give their reactions, it is as if they are committing crimes for expressing their admiration. Shake Head Just what are these people trying to prove?? Male superiority over females?

It is also funny how these shallow people would automatically say "No thanks" to watching a drama just because this star or that star is in the cast. How immature. How can one member of the cast single-handedly decide the outcome of the whole drama? Oh well, crap minds think alike.

But still I ask myself, just when will these immature people ever grow up?

Oh well, goodluck fanboys and girls. And loads of good wishes for Juri-chan and her career.

Ciao.

PS. By the way, japanese production outfits have spies on forums/threads like this. You know, they are really eager to get a feel of how fans and non-fans alike react to their stars and projects. There.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In Bristol.

bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing it up. Big Grin

Usagi Yojimbo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

helterskelter wrote:

Feed the troll?? bleh Whatever that means.

Well, it is obvious that I am not sending my message clear to people here anyway so what's the use of having to argue. Clearly, this is an unfair, discrimination-laden forum afterall.

Discrimination is all over this thread. No one would dare take sides with a new member simply because they would not want to pick a fight with the old posters or worse, the mods. The reason why I began posting wasn't to pick a fight with anyone anyway. I was hoping to straighten the wrinkled beliefs and practices of some. But I guess, it's no use.

When males fanboy over the female stars, they make it sound like it is okay. Unlike when the females give their reactions, it is as if they are committing crimes for expressing their admiration. Shake Head Just what are these people trying to prove?? Male superiority over females?

It is also funny how these shallow people would automatically say "No thanks" to watching a drama just because this star or that star is in the cast. How immature. How can one member of the cast single-handedly decide the outcome of the whole drama? Oh well, crap minds think alike.

But still I ask myself, just when will these immature people ever grow up?

Oh well, goodluck fanboys and girls. And loads of good wishes for Juri-chan and her career.

Ciao.

PS. By the way, japanese production outfits have spies on forums/threads like this. You know, they are really eager to get a feel of how fans and non-fans alike react to their stars and projects. There.

I think this is an old issue...the best thing to do is to live and let live I guess...no need to argue...continue fangirl-ing and don't mind and take to heart such comments for they are only opinions and points of view of some people who want to express themselves...you are entitled to those comments as well....believe me you'll enjoy this forum and learn much from it as you move from thread to thread...oh yeah before I forget, let the fanboys(me included) be...it's all part of this dynamic, colorful forum. Peace!!! Victory! Peace!
adub2adub

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More essays have been written since I've checked the "Juri Thread" .. Beaten

phlargo wrote:

Soon comes the big question: Is Juri actually portraying her 'true' self in Last Friends and we were deluded in earlier endeavors as to her orientation?

I have to say.. that would be a really interesting development. I haven't read anything about her real life love life anywhere

Do you really think she's portraying her true self? From general observations of his personality, I personally don't see it. On the surface, she seems straight, as there's little evidence to think otherwise. Plus, this is the 1st time she's played a "daring" role like this.
adub2adub

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Truthfully and honestly, I've always wondered about that, but kept it to myself 'til now, since I always thought it was just me who felt that way...

It's sorta deja vu-ish, 'cause there was a girl in my past who I was totally nuts about, but I always noticed some things that made me wonder about her.... Sweat

Hmm, not sure if I'm getting you here .... you've always had questions about Juri's sexuality?

Quote:
EDIT: you gotta think that we're not the only ones wondering... I wonder how the Japanese media are gonna spin this...

I dunno. I think considering this is her first role where she portrays a lesbian or any overtly masculine role, I wonder how much the media will jump to any conclusions. The image of her in Nodame is surely more ingrained as the general perception (maybe even typecasted??) of Juri right now. I doubt it'll do a 180 and many will view her as possibly gay.

Hilary Swank played many "guy" roles, but I don't think her orientation was questioned much. On the surface, she always seemed quite feminine. So, not sure if the Japanese media would think so differently for Juri.
phlargo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

adub2adub wrote:
More essays have been written since I've checked the "Juri Thread" .. Beaten

Do you really think she's portraying her true self? From general observations of his personality, I personally don't see it. On the surface, she seems straight, as there's little evidence to think otherwise. Plus, this is the 1st time she's played a "daring" role like this.

I wasn't necessarily arguing that that was the reality; I was simply providing an interesting option to consider. In fact, I was very careful to explain that no conclusions about someone's sexuality can be made on such anecdotal bases. What I did say was there a few indicating factors which perhaps call her presumed heterosexuality (this is obviously relevant considering how many people here are drooling over her ;-)) into question and that a careful consideration of her personal history and her popular cultural personality may support this belief.

It was more of a 'food for thought' comment Smile
phlargo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
In Bristol.

Good grab... I specifically enjoyed that moment too Smile It was a neat story about her past.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

phlargo wrote:
Good grab... I specifically enjoyed that moment too Smile It was a neat story about her past.

Yeah, it was an enamoring moment: she's seems so impressively deep and introspective.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

adub2adub wrote:
Hmm, not sure if I'm getting you here .... you've always had questions about Juri's sexuality?

I wouldn't say "always..."

Like I said, she just reminds me of someone from my past. Sweat
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nodame look. Big Grin

bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sticker shock. hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 584, 585, 586 ... 1732, 1733, 1734  Next
Page 585 of 1734

Jump to: