jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
JDrama Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 292, 293, 294  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EstherM

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
Hello guys w00t!

I'd like to know if some of you can recommend me some really good mushy/dramatic romantic dramas with solid, charismatic leads that have great chemistry together? Not the ones with those Johnny's boys, please...I prefer grown up actors who can really act (no offense intended) And I unfortunately don't really like Takuya Kimura (I must be the only one in this whole wide world), so maybe no dramas with him too.

The dramas that I've seen from this genre and really stand out for me are Aishiteiru to Itte Kure, Tokyo Love Story and Love Revolution. I love oldies too, so it doesn't matter how old the drama is.

Thanks Smile

You�Lre not alone, I am not keen when it comes to Kimura. Victory! Peace! Mr Green
I would add the following to xploring�Ls recommendations:
Virgin Road
One litre of tears
Golden Bowl
marspeach

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
Hello guys w00t!

I'd like to know if some of you can recommend me some really good mushy/dramatic romantic dramas with solid, charismatic leads that have great chemistry together? Not the ones with those Johnny's boys, please...I prefer grown up actors who can really act (no offense intended) And I unfortunately don't really like Takuya Kimura (I must be the only one in this whole wide world), so maybe no dramas with him too.

The dramas that I've seen from this genre and really stand out for me are Aishiteiru to Itte Kure, Tokyo Love Story and Love Revolution. I love oldies too, so it doesn't matter how old the drama is.

Thanks Smile

No Kimutaku? I'm not the biggest fan of him either but I would still say Long Vacation! Just give it a try...

Also, maybe Virgin Road would be good.
lora_samonte1o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys ^^.
can you recommend some jdorama that has the same genre as the "liar game"? Mr Green

marspeach already gave me Smile KUROSAGI.
and i thank her for that. i already watched the first part
of the episode. it was sooooo amazing. i'll really watch it.
thank for the recommendation Smile

i really appreciate it Victory! Peace!

arigatooooo! :]
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lora_samonte1o wrote:
hey guys ^^.
can you recommend some jdorama that has the same genre as the "liar game"? Mr Green

marspeach already gave me Smile KUROSAGI.
and i thank her for that. i already watched the first part
of the episode. it was sooooo amazing. i'll really watch it.
thank for the recommendation Smile

i really appreciate it Victory! Peace!

arigatooooo! :]

Maybe, try TRICK
lora_samonte1o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:

Maybe, try TRICK

thankyou very much Big Grin i'll try that Victory! Peace!
Mint

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring - You sure know your stuff, thanks! Mr Green I've been meaning to watch Over Time and Kamisama mou Sukoshi Dake, so it's great that they're recommended. I know people rave about Orange Days, but I'm so attached to Aishiteiru to Itte Kure that I don't think I can watch a 'remake', for lack of a better word.

EstherM - Good to know I'm not the only one! Virgin Road sounds intriguing, arigato Victory! Peace!

marspeach - Maybe I should give Long Vacation another try (I only watched the first episode and stopped right after) but I don't know, it somehow doesn't really appeal to me Sweat Thank you anyway!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
xploring - You sure know your stuff, thanks! Mr Green I've been meaning to watch Over Time and Kamisama mou Sukoshi Dake, so it's great that they're recommended. I know people rave about Orange Days, but I'm so attached to Aishiteiru to Itte Kure that I don't think I can watch a 'remake', for lack of a better word.
    I've never seen Aishiteiru to Itte Kure so I can't really comment, but I wouldn't call Orange Days a remake of anything. It's very good! It's written by Eriko Kitagawa who also wrote Overtime Give it a shot, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Edit: If there's a drama that is similar to Orange Days it's Tentai Kanzoku (Searching for my polestar) Even though it came out 2 years earlier, you might call Orange Days the prequel to it. Orange Days deals with a group of friends while they're in college and Tentai Kanzoku shows what happened to a group of friends several years later. Both very good dramas.

Last edited by gaijinmark on Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
Maybe I should give Long Vacation another try (I only watched the first episode and stopped right after) but I don't know, it somehow doesn't really appeal to me Sweat Thank you anyway!

Yeah, I suggest you give it another try too. I only got attracted around episode 3 or 4, and Long Vacation has probably the best climax/ending amongst all the dramas I have seen in the last 3 episodes.

And yes, Orange Days is very good too. I've only seen 2 episodes of Aishiteiru to Itte Kure. The picking of orange/apple from tree and the character setup is quite similar, but I got the feeling they are very different dramas.

Personally, I found Over Time only alright (from 7 episodes). I thought I would like it a lot from description. I never rooted for any of the couples. A lot of people seems to genuinely love it from reviews though, so give it a try too if you like.

Most of my suggestions are the dramatic type. There doesn't seem to be many mushy/romantic dramas from memory...
Mint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark - Orange Days isn't a full-fledged remake per se, but what I meant was that Eriko Kitagawa wrote Aishiteiru to Itte Kure in 1995, so naturally it's irrevocable that both Aishiteiru and Orange Days have some subliminal similarities, besides the deaf element.

From what I've seen (albeit minimally) from Orange Days, it is more upbeat, current and youthful with lots of side characters while Aishiteiru is more private and sentimental, which is more like my cup of tea for a romantic drama Mr Green So yes, they're dissimilar but you know, sometimes I compare things so maybe I'll watch Orange Days when I'm mentally prepared!

Ah, actually I've seen Tentai Kanzoku...I thought it was unexpectedly good and unpredictable, with great acting and shamefully underrated. But the love story/love triangle in it isn't fully developed.

xploring - Regarding Long Vacation, the hype around it is so overwhelming that when I finished watching the first episode, I was not impressed. Perhaps I had too high an expectation, or maybe I wasn't really enthusiastic with the cast (blasphemy!) But I'm going to take your advice and finish it when I'm done with other recommended dramas.
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
Ah, actually I've seen Tentai Kanzoku...I thought it was unexpectedly good and unpredictable, with great acting and shamefully underrated.

xploring - Regarding Long Vacation, the hype around it is so overwhelming that when I finished watching the first episode, I was not impressed. Perhaps I had too high an expectation, or maybe I wasn't really enthusiastic with the cast (blasphemy!) But I'm going to take your advice and finish it when I'm done with other recommended dramas.

Talking of remake, Tentai Kanzoku is pretty much a remake of Ai to iu nano moto ni [���Ƃ������̂��Ƃ�]
http://jdorama.com/drama.13.htm
The characters and relationships setup are so similar. You may like to try it out.

Yeah, I was underwhelmed when I watched the first few episodes of Long Vacation for the first time too. The hype as the no.1 jdorama... was probably impossible to meet, and the story with the supporting characters was pretty ordinary IMHO. I think the ending was probably what made it so popular.

While I'm at it, may as well recommend my favourite series, Hitotsu yane no shita 1. ... It's a tremendous family drama.
Eve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
Hello guys w00t!

Thanks Smile

You already picked Say You Love Me with the young Tokiwa Takako. What a fabulous love story. Thumbsup
How about With Love with Yutaka Takeneuchi, the lead actress is marvelous in that one.
Overtime really ranks too. Big Grin

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
Mint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring - Ah, now you got me curious about Ai to iu Nano Moto Ni...I like the cast! And about Hitotsu Yane no Shita 1, I was thiiiiiiis close to buying the DVD a couple of weeks ago because I adore both Eguchi Yosuke and Fukuyama Masaharu, and I've read good reviews about it. I guess I have an old soul, I much prefer dramas from the 90's Sweat

Eve - I've seen With Love and I finished it in 2 days! Victory! Peace! I love that the love story focuses more on the emotional level, and my God Yutaka looked so good in it Wink And about Say You Love Me/Aishiteiru to Itte Kure, yes it's a fabulous love story and I don't think I'll love any other drama as I love that one...absolutely my favourite and I put it on a very high pedestal. I've always adored Tokiwa Takako and I totally fell for Toyokawa Etsushi in that one.

I have so many dramas to check out, so thanks so much for all your kindness and recommendations guys! w00t! All of you have been very helpful.
Amano_Tsukiko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
xploring - Ah, now you got me curious about Ai to iu Nano Moto Ni...I like the cast! And about Hitotsu Yane no Shita 1, I was thiiiiiiis close to buying the DVD a couple of weeks ago because I adore both Eguchi Yosuke and Fukuyama Masaharu, and I've read good reviews about it.

Yo Mint. Are you by any chance from KL? Coz it'd be great to know where I can buy the DVD of Hitotsu Yane no Shita (or other old drama like Ienaki no Ko).
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amano_Tsukiko wrote:

Yo Mint. Are you by any chance from KL? Coz it'd be great to know where I can buy the DVD of Hitotsu Yane no Shita (or other old drama like Ienaki no Ko).

I would like to get Ienaki Ko ( http://jdorama.com/drama.151.htm ) as well, chinese or english subbed. Much appreciated if anyone can point the way please.
Sorry off-topic.
Mint

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amano_Tsukiko wrote:

Yeah, I saw the DVD over at the Video Ezy store in KLCC a couple of weeks ago...there's a whole rack of Japanese dramas there, and quite a few of them are relatively old. They're all original and around RM49, and some DVDs have special features/behind the scenes stuff. I can suggest the video store on the very top floor in MidValley too. I don't think I've seen the DVD of Ienako Ko though...
Amano_Tsukiko

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet. I owe ya one. :o)
Eve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
[ I totally fell for Toyokawa Etsushi in that one.

Oh yeah........ Smitten

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
phlargo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I find myself finished with my initial batch of dramas. I have a lot of anime I want to catch up on.. but I'm looking for some solid suggestions. I loved Nodame (and have become a huge Juri fan!)! Beautiful Life was really good too. Also a GTO fan.

Any of the more seasoned Jdrama'ers got suggestions for where to go from here?
sadacori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

phlargo wrote:
So I find myself finished with my initial batch of dramas. I have a lot of anime I want to catch up on.. but I'm looking for some solid suggestions. I loved Nodame (and have become a huge Juri fan!)! Beautiful Life was really good too. Also a GTO fan.

Any of the more seasoned Jdrama'ers got suggestions for where to go from here?

Most of the dramas listed on the previous page are recommended.

Since you liked Nodame and GTO, I recommend these comedies:
~ Hotaru no Hikari (lead character reminds me a little of Nodame) http://jdorama.com/drama.1192.htm
~ Koi no bakansu (hilarious) http://www.jdorama.com/drama.213.htm
~ Kuitan 1 http://jdorama.com/drama.987.htm
~ Kuitan 2 http://jdorama.com/drama.1145.htm
~ My Boss My Hero http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1025.htm
~ Omiai kekkon (more on the rom/com side) http://jdorama.com/drama.296.htm

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
liquid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: erika sawajiri... Reply with quote Back to top

1 litre of tears...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
Page 172 of 294

Jump to: