jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 854, 855, 856 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

marspeach wrote:

I'm a student and I definitely have some cares in the world! I watch perhaps too many dramas but never finished one in only one day. I think I did one in two days, maybe. But I think I watch 3-5 eps of various shows on average each day. Before school/work, after, and late at night when I should be sleeping.

I've watched a drama in two days as well, and i think I watched another in one night (plus the evening before). I remember posting each epi here and people being floored that I was running through it. Which drama was that now...?

On Topic: I'm on epi 10 of Love and Eros. They're just pulling teeth now. This show could have been concluded without all the random plot additions.

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KeepMeCaffein8td

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently working my way through :

Hotaru no Hikari
Kimi Hannin Ja nai yo ne
Last Friends
Zettai Kareshi

the first two really surprised me, i didn't think I'd enjoy them that much but i'm on ep 08 of hotaru no hikari.

Last friends has me engrossed even though it can get really melodramatic at times. I think its just cuz I really want to see the painful demise of a certain character.
kyon-kyon chan

Location: Somewhere... with Kame, Ryoko Hirosue, Gakki and MatsuKen..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently re-watching Water Boys 2...
Eve

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anime Dad wrote:

people with no lives... 11 eps at 50 minutes each... who has 550 minutes of spare time in a day?

Exactly, A.D.
Im happy when I watch two eps of anything in an evening.

Though I was a drama slob this weekend.... Beaten I saw 11 eps in two days ashamed

cori wrote:
Haha, so true. Still, it's a shame to have so many dramas and not be able to watch it. I think I'm more addicted to collecting dramas more than watching them at this point.

Collecting is much of the pleasure..... hehe

KeepMeCaffein8td wrote:

Last friends has me engrossed even though it can get really melodramatic at times. I think its just cuz I really want to see the painful demise of a certain character.

lol Ive felt that way before about certain characters....

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
runpup

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

About halfway thru Motto Koi Seyo Otome ....watched the first series, a very funny show...the secomd season is proving equally entertaining...a particular highlight is Sakai Wakana...the woman is a comedic genius...watch her in Kizarasu Cat's Eye & tell me I'm wrong

The Cutest Girl in the World!
lora_samonte1o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote Back to top

heeeey Smile
guys. can you recommend some good jdrama.
with handsome protagonist Big Grin

thankyooooooooou Victory! Peace!
kayowww

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Papa to musume
last friends
dragon zakura
EstherM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: :) Reply with quote Back to top

lora_samonte1o wrote:
heeeey Smile
guys. can you recommend some good jdrama.
with handsome protagonist Big Grin

thankyooooooooou Victory! Peace!

Maybe Hana Kimi or Brother Beat, but best check out the recommendations thread. Mr Green
On topic: will have a look at ep1 of Around 40
deseipher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last Friends - If Juri-chan wasn't attached to this, I probably wouldn't have given it a shot (which will eventually cause me to miss out on other dramas). Even with Juri-chan in the mix, the drama just hasn't quite stirred me up. Just hoping the next episode will do the trick.

Ryokiteki na Kanojo - Surprise, no Juri-chan in this one! Still though, the only reason I watch this is because it's based on one of my favorite movies, My Sassy Girl. I worry about the J-Drama version simply because the sidestories and supporting characters might not help in holding up the main story for 11 episodes. On the flip side though, there's always the chance they can make it better than the movie.

Proposal Daisakusen - A Last Friends connection with this one, with Nagasawa Masami acting. Can't really comment on this yet as I just started watching the first episode.
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deseipher,

Quote:
with Nagasawa Masami acting.

Yup. It's Nagsawa Masami's acting that kept me from watching both Last Friends and Proposal Daisakusen.
deseipher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
deseipher,

Quote:
with Nagasawa Masami acting.

Yup. It's Nagsawa Masami's acting that kept me from watching both Last Friends and Proposal Daisakusen.

Is Nagasawa Masami's acting so bad that it has actually kept you from watching both shows, or am I just simply misunderstanding you? Granted, I don't think her acting is great, but it's passable and certainly not bad enough to derail a show. Again, maybe I'm just reading what you posted wrong and have misunderstood, for which I apologize Sweat
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deseipher

No no. You read that quite correctly. I find Nagasawa's braying so annoying that I'm unwilling to watch any show she's in.

The only show I've seen her in that she wasn't able to ruin for me was Yasashii Jikan. And the only reason I could tolerate her in that one was because she was silent throughout most of it.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
deseipher

No no. You read that quite correctly. I find Nagasawa's braying so annoying that I'm unwilling to watch any show she's in.

The only show I've seen her in that she wasn't able to ruin for me was Yasashii Jikan. And the only reason I could tolerate her in that one was because she was silent throughout most of it.

Com'on Geez, I know you loved her in Ganges de Butterfly.
Geezer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_trik

Damn, man. You brought back the memories of the toothache that movie gave me.

The level of my distain? Even with the Magical Miki in it... I erased that file.

As to series... I just finished Ryoko Yonekura's Koshonin. She looked very very good.

I'd be a very happy Ryoko fan if she'd stick to playing sexy cops, sexy spies, and sexy cat burglars.

It's been hard trying to stick to the one episode a night rule with Hiroshi Abe's "Saigo no Bengonin" (The Last Lawyer).

Abe and Risa Sudo make a great team.

I also wanted to thank Tu_triky for letting me know about the "Johnny Boys". I'd never heard of Johnny or his boys before you started talking about them... and that's one of the funniest parts of this show.

There's a kid in it named Tsubasa Imai. He's a regular. He's in every episode. And he serves absolutely no function.

As far as the scripts, stories, and other actors go... there's simply no reason for him to be in the show. The show was obviously written to be about Abe and Sudo.

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

If Tu_trik hadn't clued me in on the Johnny boys, having the kid there would have bothered me. Now that I know it's just the producers trying to keep Johnny happy by giving one of his boys a paycheck... it's kind of funny.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Tu_trik

Damn, man. You brought back the memories of the toothache that movie gave me.

The level of my distain? Even with the Magical Miki in it... I erased that file.

Yeah, I have to admit it was a underwhelming tour de farce...I didn't save it either....not one of my favorite Kudo Kankuro scripts...the acting was blah too, as you mentioned.

As to series... I just finished Ryoko Yonekura's Koshonin. She looked very very good.

Quote:

I also wanted to thank Tu_triky for letting me know about the "Johnny Boys". I'd never heard of Johnny or his boys before you started talking about them... and that's one of the funniest parts of this show.

There's a kid in it named Tsubasa Imai. He's a regular. He's in every episode. And he serves absolutely no function.

I don't doubt it...Johnny Kitagawa, the founder & chief of "Johnny's Jimusho" <Johnny's offce> is probably the most powerful talent management agency in Japan, at least for male talent, which is their exclusive clientele. And given the nature of the Japanese entertainment industry, with the enormous power that the agencies wield over who does what or goes where, it's no wonder the current landscape of Japanese TV is littered with these talentless fools...many of the dramas are no more than exposure vehicles to increase the notoriety of Johnny's boys in order to sell music, publications, or commercial products what have you.

Quote:

If Tu_triky hadn't clued me in on the Johnny boys, having the kid there would have bothered me. Now that I know it's just the producers trying to keep Johnny happy by giving one of his boys a paycheck... it's kind of funny.

Indeed.
deseipher

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
deseipher

Well, so far she's been uninspiring in Last Friends, but there's always Juri-chan to help hold that drama up Victory! Peace! I'll have watch a few more episodes of Proposal before I get a better idea of where she and the drama overall stands.
Wynter

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished epi 10 of Love & Eros. Okay, what the heck.
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
phlargo

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just started the 3rd ep. of Orange Days. So far it's great!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Loss Time Life, Episode 4... No subtitles yet. Puppy Dog Eyes
runpup

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Almost done with Motto Koi Seyo Otome...

I started to notice some Churasan-like tropes lately in this show (the spotlight bit) , plus the presence of at least two actors from Churasan...

a little research done and yep, its the same screenwriter for both shows, Okada Yoshikazu...

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Okada_Yoshikazu

The Cutest Girl in the World!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 854, 855, 856 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 855 of 1375

Jump to: