jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
JDrama Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 292, 293, 294  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadacori

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to be finished with the current drama I'm watching soon, so I need another suggestion on what to watch. Preferably something that I have in my collection so I can watch it right away instead of having to take time to download it and convert it to DVD or trade for it. Thanks!

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
marspeach

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cori wrote:
I'm going to be finished with the current drama I'm watching soon, so I need another suggestion on what to watch. Preferably something that I have in my collection so I can watch it right away instead of having to take time to download it and convert it to DVD or trade for it. Thanks!

Another drama I loved: Haken no Hinkaku

Also how about Itazura na Kiss? I was really annoyed by the heroine when I first watched it but when I watched It Started with a Kiss it made me want to go back and watch the Japanese version again.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

marspeach wrote:

Another drama I loved: Haken no Hinkaku

Also how about Itazura na Kiss? I was really annoyed by the heroine when I first watched it but when I watched It Started with a Kiss it made me want to go back and watch the Japanese version again.

I checked out my copy of Itazura na Kiss and the funky colored subs just threw me off. :/ I think I'll try Haken no Hinaku though. But I might start on that Kdrama I mentioned before. I think I have too many dramas that I don't know where to start. Sweat

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
marspeach

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cori wrote:

I checked out my copy of Itazura na Kiss and the funky colored subs just threw me off. :/ I think I'll try Haken no Hinaku though. But I might start on that Kdrama I mentioned before. I think I have too many dramas that I don't know where to start. Sweat

What Kdrama was that?

Watching Gokusen 3 ep 1 now. God help me.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finished watching Attention Please, and Proposal Daisakusen, Nobuta wo Produce all were fantastic. To my surprise I am watching Akihabara@Deep (I love this series too much, hilarious), and GTO (I never thought I would love it as much as I do), and Kurosagi (I love this series with a burning passion). I highly recommend all of the series.

Are there any other good series to recommend? I love comedy, romance, and/or drama. Can I recieve any more recommendations?

I learned something while watching Jdramas, I wished I had watched them sooner!

Thank you for all recommendations!

I also loved Shimokita Sundays, but once I get to episode 5 I cannot find it anywhere!
marspeach

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

missind33 wrote:
I finished watching Attention Please, and Proposal Daisakusen, Nobuta wo Produce all were fantastic. To my surprise I am watching Akihabara@Deep (I love this series too much, hilarious), and GTO (I never thought I would love it as much as I do), and Kurosagi (I love this series with a burning passion). I highly recommend all of the series.

Are there any other good series to recommend? I love comedy, romance, and/or drama. Can I recieve any more recommendations?

I learned something while watching Jdramas, I wished I had watched them sooner!

Thank you for all recommendations!

I also loved Shimokita Sundays, but once I get to episode 5 I cannot find it anywhere!

Gokusen (I only really like the first season)
My Boss My Hero
Nodame Cantabile
Hotaru no Hikari

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm running out of dramas, haha. I really want to watch Stand Up!! but I can't find it anywhere online and I can't download~

Ones I love:
1 Litre of Tears ~ Made me cry every episode
akihabara@deep ~ Very interesting and funny.
Attention Please ~ Surprisingly good. It made me want to become a flight attendant.
Gokusen ~ Only the first season. The second season is exactly the same.
Hana Yori Dango ~ My favorite besides Hana-Kimi. I adored this show.
Honey and Clover ~ I liked it a lot more than the manga.
Kurosagi ~ The episodes follow the same thing every time, but they still made it interesting. :]
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaperCaged wrote:

I'm running out of dramas, haha. I really want to watch Stand Up!! but I can't find it anywhere online and I can't download~

Why don't you try trading with someone?

Last edited by Tu_triky on Sun May 11, 2008 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
missind33

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Ones I love:
1 Litre of Tears ~ Made me cry every episode
akihabara@deep ~ Very interesting and funny.
Attention Please ~ Surprisingly good. It made me want to become a flight attendant.
Gokusen ~ Only the first season. The second season is exactly the same.
Hana Yori Dango ~ My favorite besides Hana-Kimi. I adored this show.
Honey and Clover ~ I liked it a lot more than the manga.
Kurosagi ~ The episodes follow the same thing every time, but they still made it interesting. :]

You and I have a lot in common in what series we like! Here are some other great titles I loved, and hopefully you'll enjoy them too!: Great Teacher Onizuka, Proposal Daisakusen, Nodame Cantabile, Nobuta Wo Produce, Good Luck!!, Shimokita Sundays, First Kiss

Good Luck!!
ABINTRA

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anybody have recommendations for angsty dramas? I've already seen 1 Litre of Tears and Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu, and I absolutely adored them. I want to cry my eyes out some more. w00t! Also, any romantic dramas without a straightforward boy-meets-girl story - something controversial or otherwise unique. Thanks. ^_^
Tenshigure

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaperCaged wrote:
[color=hotpink]

Actually, DVD-quality versions of the show surfaced on D-Addicts not too long ago by Nya. Here's the link to all those episodes:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=Stand+Up!!+[Nya]

Sure, the seeding isn't really that good, but if you're patient the quality is superb.
xploring

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ABINTRA wrote:
Does anybody have recommendations for angsty dramas? I've already seen 1 Litre of Tears and Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu, and I absolutely adored them. I want to cry my eyes out some more. w00t! Also, any romantic dramas without a straightforward boy-meets-girl story - something controversial or otherwise unique. Thanks. ^_^

Kamisama mou sukoshi dake http://jdorama.com/drama.176.htm
Majo no jouken http://jdorama.com/drama.250.htm
Kou kou kyoushi http://jdorama.com/drama.229.htm

Denchi ga kireru made http://jdorama.com/drama.847.htm
This one is supposed to be a real tearjerker too, from reviews.

Last edited by xploring on Sun May 11, 2008 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
xploring

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaperCaged wrote:

You can buy it here
http://animedivxonline.com/digisub3.html
missind33

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Also, any romantic dramas without a straightforward boy-meets-girl story - something controversial or otherwise unique. Thanks. ^_^

Try Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Hana Yori Dango..Sorry those are the only ones that I can think of...
fauvesidhe

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:

You can buy it here
http://animedivxonline.com/digisub3.html

Or you can find it here for free:
http://www.mysoju.com/stand-up/

The quality probably won't be that good though..
nutcase

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mint wrote:
xploring Maybe I should give Long Vacation another try (I only watched the first episode and stopped right after) but I don't know, it somehow doesn't really appeal to me Sweat Thank you anyway!

long vacation, one of my favourite jdramas ever....=) you should really give that show a few more episodes.... i was quite skeptical about it initially but later on i completely fell in love with it.

anyone over here watched ruri no shima before? it's kinda like a feel-good drama...
Mint

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nutcase wrote:
long vacation, one of my favourite jdramas ever....=) you should really give that show a few more episodes.... i was quite skeptical about it initially but later on i completely fell in love with it.

Thanks, I'm watching it right now actually. I'm on episode 3, and it hasn't grabbed me yet. But I'm going to trust all the jdorama gurus and finish it this time Victory! Peace!
Yola

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey, here I am again xD'

Lately I've watched a lot JDramas from the late 90th-> and found them really adorable <3~ (Like Cheap Love, Love Revolution, Virgin Road, Be nice to people and Long Vacation)
(And I completely fell in love with Sorimachi Takashi XD - too bad that he's the same age as my .. MOTHER >_>)

So~ I'd appreciate a few recommendations on Romance/Comedy Series since I'm in that mood right now ...
I also like those Work/Food-Romances xD' (currently watching Osen and Zettai Kareshi and i love it..)
..also... A happy end would be nice ._.' I need some comfort in love stories right now xD'

Also I wanted to ask if anybody knows where to watch "Kimi ga oshietekureta koto" - it was recommended somwhere here in this thread but I only found it on crunchyroll and there the pic and the sound weren't in sync
... Unfortunately I can't download .torrent files on my pc since bittorren&Co won't work (firewall-stuff Òo)

Thanks in advance~

(here the Doramas I've watched so far: http://yolchen.livejournal.com/59010.html )

... And Doramas I think of watching are: Beach Boys, Hotman, Overtime and Saigo no Koi :x
Tenshigure

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not sure if you've seen them, but here's a short list:

- Dream Again: Stars Sorimachi in a "Heaven Can Wait" type of romantic comedy where he is a pro baseball player whom is killed, pleads to come back to life to make things right with his relationship and his dream, and is put into the body of another person whom died, giving him the chance to not only fix his life, but the other guys' as well. It was heartwarming to say the least, though more recent (I think it was a Fall 2007 series if I remember).

- Kekkon Dekinai Otoko : Abe Hiroshi as a middle-aged bachelor who 'lives life to the fullest', when he starts getting involved with his next much younger next-door neighbor and a similar-aged physician whom he constantly visits due to his lifestyle (against his will at first really). Really good stuff.

Last, if you haven't seen it:
- Proposal Daisakusen: Either you love it or you hate it, hardly any grey area. Yamashita Tomohisa is a guy whom long ago fell in love with a girl whom he grew up with, but him being the *coughjackasscough* that he is never has the ability to convey his feelings right, and when she's about to be married to another man, a fairy within the church gives him the opportunity to go back in time to give him a second chance to win the girl he loves. I personally found this one particularly great.

Sorry, haven't seen a lot of 90s' shows, mainly due to not bieng able to find good seeds of any of the shows I'd love to check out and really not willing to get into the trading game just yet. Hope this helps out though!
Yola

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah Sorry, I've already seen Dream Again and Proposal Daisakusen ... I've also started to watch kekkon dekinai otoko but it somehow didn't grap me >_> ... sorry ;_;
(ah sorry you may haven't seen it but i posted a link with a list in alphabetical order with all the dramas Ive seen so far)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
Page 174 of 294

Jump to: