jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Change
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meoinkie2

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Change Reply with quote Back to top

Details

* Title (English): CHANGE
* Format: Renzoku
* Genre: Human drama, politics
* Broadcast network: Fuji TV
* Broadcast period: 2008-May-12 to
* Air time: Monday 21:00
* Theme song: Miles Away by Madonna
* Official Website: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/change/index.html

Synopsis

The story begins with the deaths of ruling party's Fukuoka legislator and his eldest son, his heir apparent, in an accident. It is decided that a by-election will be held, and Kanbayashi Masaichi, the leader of the ruling party, and secretary Miyama Rika conceive the idea of fielding the second son, Asakura Keita, who had been renounced by his father.

After Keita graduated from senior high school, he went on to a university in Nagano because he wanted to live in a place with beautiful stars, and eventually became an elementary school teacher over there. Well-liked by children and satisfied with his beloved star gazing, Keita has no interest in the world of politics. However, at Rika's persuasion and the pressure of his family, he reluctantly decides to announce his candidacy.

Upon returning to Fukuoka, Keita is given a hearty welcome by supporters. The election strategist, Nirasawa Katsutoshi, arrives there. He is guided by the notion "election is the only permitted legal war" and begins Keita's election campaign. --jade_frost

Cast

* Kimura Takuya as Asakura Keita
* Fukatsu Eri as Miyama Rika
* Abe Hiroshi as Nirasawa Katsutoshi
* Terao Akira as Kanbayashi Masaichi
* Kato Rosa as Miyamoto Hikari

Production Credits

* Screenwriter: Fukuda Yasushi
* Producers: Goto Hiroyuki, Shimizu Kazuyuki (������K)
* Directors: Sawada Kensaku, Hirano Shin

credits: dramawiki

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"CHANGE" drives for ratings with a free car
Mon, May 12, 2008 (12:10am EDT)

Fuji TV's anticipated drama series "CHANGE" starts this Monday (May 12). While the starring actor Takuya Kimura is already sure to bring in an audience, the network has announced a special publicity campaign to help boost ratings even more.

The campaign is a collaboration with Toyota. First off, Kimura will be appearing in a new commercial for the automobile maker, which begins airing the same day as the drama's premiere. However, the bigger news is that Fuji TV is giving away a car to one lucky viewer. The car is called the "Star Fielder," a one-of-a-kind special edition of the Toyota Corolla Fielder.

To win the car, viewers will have to regularly pay attention to the show. At the end of each episode, a quiz question about the episode will be asked during the preview for the next week. Viewers can then submit their answers at the official website, but only during the half-hour period following each episode. At the end of the whole series, one winner will be chosen from those who answered all of the questions correctly, and he or she will receive the car.

The quiz questions will also reward 50 participants every week with an "eco bag," coming in a different color each time.

source: tokyograph

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks like it will be a decent drama and I plan on watching it. And even though it's a Madonna song, I don't completely hate the theme song. Kind of catchy actually Bonk

Ha, they think they need to give away a freaking car to draw in ratings? This is a Kimura drama. Are they that insecure? I guess it doesn't hurt to shoot for the stars Sweat
marspeach

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeesh, they seem really desperate for ratings. I hope they actually focused on making a GOOD SHOW too.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what happens with monday 9PM fujiterebi ? *whatever it was called*
seems like they're doing anything to get the rating now
first galileo with the super guest stars
bara no nai hanaya with the super scriptwriter
now they even make kimutaku sells cars? Doh!
DukeGonzalez

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not sure whether it will be a hit in Japan, but im looking fwd for such serious, political and business dramas like this.. i hope it will be as good as Karei Naru Ichizoku.. plus with kimutaku and abe hiroshi acting in it, i cant wait for this drama to come to m'sia..
meoinkie2

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

23.8% ratings for "CHANGE" premiere
Wed, May 14, 2008 (12:31am EDT)

The premiere episode of the Fuji TV drama series "CHANGE" aired on Monday night. It received a respectable 23.8% rating, though it was surely lower than the network had hoped for (especially with a promotional campaign giving away a free car). It failed to beat out NTV's "Gokusen 3" which started out last month at 26.4%. This is the first time since the 1998 drama "Nemureru Mori" that a Takuya Kimura series has not had the highest-rated first episode of the season.

On the other hand, the series can also be seen as a minor triumph in an era of declining ratings, given that it has the highest-rated premiere for an original series in the past 3 years.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is kinda interesting.
The only thing I hated about it is the fact that its currently airing. Sweat
I'm not fond of waiting for the subs every week. Grumble
chokakoi

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i dun understand half of what the show is talking about.. all the politics and stuff..

shall see if i should continue with it...
MissMonika

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! I've been waiting for this. I always enjoy Kimutaku dramas. hehe

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Massuki has finished subbing 2 episodes of this dorama. Smile

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
ayukawa22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

marspeach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's decent. I think the cast is really what makes it though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've watched three episodes and I'm enjoying this as well Victory! Peace!
dokodemodoa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

on to episode 5
this show is addictive w00t!
the stupid trio (abe, kato, kimutaku) really makes this show
meoinkie2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"CHANGE" ratings end on a high note
Tue, July 15, 2008 (12:29am EDT)

Fuji TV's Monday night drama series "CHANGE," starring Takuya Kimura, aired its final episode this week. It averaged a 27.4% rating in the Kanto area, making it the highest-rated drama episode so far this year. The previous highest was the premiere of "Gokusen 3," which achieved 26.4%. However, "Gokusen" still ranks #1 for the season average.

The finale of "CHANGE" reached its peak during the episode's second half, attaining a 31.2% peak.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dokodemodoa wrote:
on to episode 5
this show is addictive w00t!
the stupid trio (abe, kato, kimutaku) really makes this show

You're so right! It's hilarious when Abe starts with something silly and then Kato would just add to the fire while KimuTaku starts pondering the 'reasoning' behind his friends' words, with Eri becoming the sole rational one in those situations, yet gets succumbed into the silliness little by little. hehe These 4 main characters really have such great chemistry with each other!

Only 1 more episode more to go for me, and the political intrigue is getting more addictive, actually.

8thSin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished watching this series, I absolutely LOVED it, even more than HERO series.
Fukatsu Eri's chemistry with KimuTaku was incredible Applaud

I hope there would be a SP or movie, the ending certainly makes it possible.
WD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've changed my mind. I've always thought that Beautiful Life has one of the best finale in the history of J-Dorama ever, but I think CHANGE's finale has definitely surpassed it. It's just brilliant! Yomiuri got it right, it
s definitely a 5-star finale! Smile

tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

will be adding this in my watchlist Victory! Peace!
i love Takuya/Eri chemistry in Sora Kara
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:
Maybe the Kimutaku effect will make more japanese people to have interest in politics Naughty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: