jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Tomorrow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takoyama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Tomorrow Reply with quote Back to top

Details
Title: Tomorrow
Format: Renzoku
Genre: Medical drama
Broadcast network: TBS
Broadcast period: 2008-Jul-06 to
Air time: Sunday 21:00
Theme song: Hikari by Hoshimura Mai

Synopsis
Takenouchi plays a surgeon who retired 8 years ago to work for the municipal government. However, he ends up returning to the profession to help a local hospital on the verge of bankruptcy. Kanno plays a co-worker, taking on the role of a nurse for the first time in her acting career. -- Tokyograph

Cast
Takenouchi Yutaka as Moriyama Kohei
Kanno Miho as Tanaka Aiko
Ogawa Tamaki as Endou Saya
Kurokawa Tomoka as Tanaka Nanami
Edo Harumi (�G�h�͂��) as Harada Kazuko
Nagata Akira (�i�c�j) as Kato Keita
Hashimoto Mami (���{�^��) as Sugiyama Mai
Arimura Miki as Takizawa Nozomi
Akita Makoto as Mishima Chinatsu
Ujiie Megumi as Hashimoto Satoko
Muramatsu Toshifumi as Kaneko Ayumi
Rokkaku Shinji (�Z�p�T�i) as Yabuuchi Jirou
Tanaka Minoru as Kataoka Koichi
Shiga Kotaro as Kakinuma Kotarou
Osawa Akane as Yasuda Ryoko
Matsuda Miyuki as Yasuda Sanae
Nagashima Eiko as Tanaka Yoshimi
Jinnai Takanori as Hasumi Yoji(special appearance)
Kishibe Ittoku as Sendou Ikuo

Production Credits
Screenwriter: Shinozaki Eriko (��G���q)
Producers: Iyoda Hidenori (���o�c�p��), Masaki Atsushi (���ؓ�)
Directors: Yamamuro Daisuke, Kawashima Ryutaro (�쓈�����Y), Kan Satoshi (�ؓN)
Music: Hasebe Toru

Trailer
http://www.tbs.co.jp/Tomorrow2008/trailer/trailer01_03.html
Takoyama

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK I thought the first episode was really good. The cast is a lot more believable than the other medical drama currently airing this summer. I definitely will watch again next week.
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's great to hear! ^^ I am eagerly looking forward to watching this drama. If done well, sounds like it could be a real gem.
WD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takoyama wrote:
OK I thought the first episode was really good. The cast is a lot more believable than the other medical drama currently airing this summer. I definitely will watch again next week.

I've thought so. Quality-wise, this could be the better medical drama of the season.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
scaturan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yep, first episode was good, slow but does the job of building up momentum to viewers to look forward to the next episode. I'm curious if Miho Kanno can pull off another best actress title with this series - heh, she's got some serious competition this season.

Btw, the rural traditional festivities and beautiful coastline scenery...anyone know what prefecture/region was this filmed?
Takoyama

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

scaturan wrote:

Btw, the rural traditional festivities and beautiful coastline scenery...anyone know what prefecture/region was this filmed?

Chiba prefecture
spaceboydream

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im really looking forward to this drama too!

it is definitely the more low-profile medical drama (infact it is the more low-profile drama. period) hence, i hope it'll be the better one of this season too.

Quote:
I'm curious if Miho Kanno can pull off another best actress title with this series - heh, she's got some serious competition this season.

mind if i ask who?
gvino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first episode was enjoyable, Miho Kanno character's resolve is really strong.
xploring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the first episode too. I like the first half (the non-medical side) more than the second half, but the whole episode was really well done. Kanno Miho was stand-out for me, and she didn't look much different at all compared with 10 years ago. It's early days, but I thought Takenouchi Yutaka wasn't as good, a bit ... blank perhaps.

The scenery, neighbourhood, and festivites were all beautifully shot. I don't think I have seen this part of Japan before. Eagerly looking forward to the next one.
nuralisya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

emm, thnx for all comment and review..
i'm looking forward to watch this..
just hope i got time to do that.

4 years research on this topic, na..
i guess i'm expecting a good script from the production team.

and also from Mr Director Yamamuro..
hope he'll give his best.. coz i love his works.

nuralisya.wordpress.com nuralisya.blogspot.com nuralisya-jbox.blogspot.com
Takoyama

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2nd ep. was decent. Nothing too over the top. Soft spoken Moriyama Sensei is like a hero. My gf is swooning all over him watching this. Nut Although Moriyama Sensei and Endou Sensei don't always see eye to eye they make a good pair in the ER. I did notice Moriyama Sensei using the scrub brush correctly on his finger nails. hehe
xploring

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched the 2nd episode. I have probably become too critical, but I thought that it was a tad too deliberate in the way it tried to communicate (the situations, issues, characters' relationships, ...), and wasn't very serious or in-depth enough about showing the issues/problems of the public/rural hospital. I wasn't very impressed by those one-liners.

It was still enjoyable though, if not looked at too critically. I hope it doesn't become too formulaic... It may be ok even if it does follow a formula, just not as good as I hoped. Takenouchi Yutaka was very good in this episode.
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jumpie Finally something to look forward to this summer.

I like how the scene where Takenouchi is pushed into action in Ep 1. At least with his matured look, Takenouchi looks more believable as a doctor.

The theme of the drama is really cliche in Japanese medical dramas.....like Night Rain, Iryu, 24hr Emergency, etc. Wished they had come up with a more refreshing theme than bankruptcy
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63456.htm?sid=ef7afa0aba29e427fef1c71d5ad590fc

First episode subbed

There are even direct download links

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: