jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What was the first JDrama that you got hooked on?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ren

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: What was the first JDrama that you got hooked on? Reply with quote Back to top

What was the first Japanese drama that you saw which totally got you hook and left you asking for more?

The first Japanese that I have seen was summer snow I happen to download it off a bittorrent site. From then on I was obsessed with getting more drama that starred Hirosue Ryoko. I ended up bidding on eBay for anything that she was in and spending way too much money getting Shotgun Marriage, Poppoya, Himitsu. If this keeps up I might go broke. I was going to get more but it was so hard to find Japanese drama that contain English subtitle. If only I can understand Chinese and Japanese.

Last edited by Ren on Sat May 31, 2003 10:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Michi

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

first drama that made me wanted to buy the vcd would be ice world.. Nut ice world and majo no joken was the earliest drama i've bought.. Wink but i wouldnt say this is the best drama but its still good!! Mr Green maybe all i wanted to know is, who was the killer.. and hafta admit i was immersed by nanako beauty Bleah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Super No. 1

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first dorama was also a Nanako series, but the one that got me hooked was "Konna Koi No Hanashi". It was such a good story about a rich man falling for a poor woman. It was so sad. Cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marzyu

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

to heart ^.^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pemu

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely GTO!!!
Got madly into jdrama since then. It's been a year ago. hehe!
Still collectin and watchin jdramas, more of collectin than watchin. Not enough time, will finish the rest of unwatched jdramas by end of the summer. hehe! quite ambitious plan.
A few eps left in Kintaro 2. Good! quite underestimated series.
Season 3 in my wanted list, will get it soon (suppose).
kewlger

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

love generation!
^__^V
only cause of matsu takako waa they were great together
juliana_phang

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

long vacation
attached to it..n couldnt get loose
Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mayumi

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Beach Boys....

Definetly Beach Boys!! Big Grin
o|o

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gto was definitely the drama that kicked it off for me, even tho my friends were watching dramas before then.
Onizuka007

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First was Long Vacation I got from a friend, but ended up not finishing it. Then about a year later, I saw Summer Snow, then it was all over... been hooked eversince. Google Beaten
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the first jap vcd i ever bought was itazura na kiss.. after that my collection grew but it started with takashi kashiwabara's vcds first.. but still itazura na kiss wasn't the first jap drama i watched.. but i think it was news no onna.. that made me notice takki.. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
takuya_angel

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely 'Love Generation' for me. Perhaps, both of the leads are my fave acts. Then there's HERO!!!! Splendid! Applaud
zealous

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: What was the first Japanese drama that you got hooked on? Reply with quote Back to top

long vacation.... first drama that i watch and bought...... Wink
lisajayne

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watched a few, With Love, GTO and Beach Boys. You guys can obviously see why!! Takashi Sorimachi and Yutaka Takenouchi were KAKKOII!!
Then I watched 'Love Generation', I was hooked.....
Google
kook05

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

heh... if memory serves me well... the first jap dorama that got me really hooked would be Oshin....
watched it when i was really, really young.... really liked it alot then....

then there are those shows when they show stuff on earthquakes and tsunamis... was really young then, so don't know if those shows on the natural disasters are jap movies or jap doramas.... but i still remember i enjoyed them tremendously tho.... Mr Green

as for the modern doramas, i guess it would have to be Imouto yo, Aishiteiru to itte kure and Long Vacation... Nut
aoi

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tokyo Love Story was the first to got me hooked. Still one of my fave but then I made a long pause on watching dorama and Beach Boys and Long Vacation burst out this madness again Mr Green
warren.mcclendon

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would have been either PURE, Ugly DUckling or Yellow Card. I can't which I saw absolutlely first. I saw them all approximately within the same 6 months and was hooked
jaychou

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FOr me..i think it is beach boys. i also enjoyed the show with saito aikiko..the kissing show. forgot the title.

I enjoyed GTO. very much. but my fav is none other than MUKODONO. I watched it for 3 times, i never watch a drama more than twice.
dnie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mine was when i was a kid. I watched OSHIN (great story, i think the whole Msian watched this coz it was hugely popular at that time that it was repeated a few times!!) then Meoro Attack (which was immensely popular too, that at that time every kid wd dream of doing summersault!)

Followed by the excellent story of a teacher teaching in primary school and the brilliant '101 proposal'-instantly fell in love wi Chage and Aska.. it stopped then, and a station rekindles the memories of these superb tradition of Jdoramas wi Meguriai, La Periode Blue. a few years later, Beach Boys revitalised my enthuthiast for Jdoramas..

phew Sweat i do need some time out fm the couch, arent i?
Genma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those who didn't realise, I've already added Oshin in the database. 297x15min episodes... wonder how I managed to finish watching it last time?! Sweat Great dorama no doubt.

http://jdorama.com/drama.php?id=739

Some trivia here...

The first foreign country to broadcast "Oshin" was Singapore, at the suggestion of former Singaporean President Wee Kim-wee, who was serving as ambassador to Japan at the time and watched "Oshin" every morning. When Mr. Wee left Japan, he proposed that the then President of NHK arrange for broadcast of the series in his country. "Oshin" made her international debut in September of 1984.

(info from NHK website)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38

Jump to: