FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japanese Language Lessons!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBnomiumOxide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:22 pm    Post subject: Japanese Lessons? Teachers Needed! Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed people that just post questions, and people answering them wont get much done. We need a more structured system.
So , I'm currently hoping to look for people that are fluent with Japanese. Hopefully its someone who is usually bored and can spare time to teach people in the forum Japanese. If you can, please make a thread with your lessons plans. If your interested, please reply.

It is OPTIONAL (Well of course), it is simply a way for people that knows Japanese to spread a wonderful language where they are lucky to learn.

Also, please let it be someone who is active in the forums, I dont expect daily lessons, but at least weekly.
barooboodoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

www.japanese-online.com
definitely NOT trying to be rude but this and many other sites have the "program" kinda thing you're asking for but if you want my opinion if you're serious about learning japanese (ie. speaking it) you should probably take a class at your local community college or if you're in school hopefully your school...
hope that site helps you find what you need though Mr Green
Tokeida Yuji

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah,
you'd learn a whole lot more going for classes or using language aids ie tapes, cd's etc..
blender1184

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm actually going to take Japanese 101 this Spring, hopefully i can put together a sentence by the time i'm done Wink
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Japanese Lessons? Teachers Needed! Reply with quote Back to top

BBnomiumOxide wrote:
I noticed people that just post questions, and people answering them wont get much done. We need a more structured system.
So , I'm currently hoping to look for people that are fluent with Japanese. Hopefully its someone who is usually bored and can spare time to teach people in the forum Japanese. If you can, please make a thread with your lessons plans. If your interested, please reply.

It is OPTIONAL (Well of course), it is simply a way for people that knows Japanese to spread a wonderful language where they are lucky to learn.

Also, please let it be someone who is active in the forums, I dont expect daily lessons, but at least weekly.

How do expect to learn Japanese from a website? Where is the interaction going to come into play? (In which you'll find is essential in learning a foreign language) There is a lot more to learning a language than just visiting a website and reading what people posted. You need to interact with others, apply what you've learned in conversation to fully "grasp the idea" of why, when, and how to apply words, phrases, etc. I guarantee a beginner will have questions in which that the "teacher" (on this website) will not be able to give a timely reply. When the reply is finally given, it'll lose whatever impact it should've had because of the time it took to receive it.

Further more, I don't think the people who are fluent on this message board can spare the time to conduct the weekly lessons you are speaking of. (Unless of course they get paid for it) Members of this board are busy people who sign on and post in their spare time. I don't think that they will be able to honor your request.

I don't beleive anyone here are relying on this message board to learn the whole language. From what I've seen and replied to, people just post some questions about words or phrases that they don't understand. A reply is given, and if they don't fully understand it yet, they can ask to clarify the answer or P.M. a fluent speaker who will be able to elaborate on the correct answer. This message board is also not dedicated for "Learning Japanese". Look at the title...... "Jdorama" -Mainly a message board to discuss Japanese dramas and what have you not.

Why don't you go to a website that is dedicated to teaching the language? Or better yet, as someone mentioned earlier, take Japanese classes. You'll find that formal classes will have a much bigger impact in the learning process. If you're worried about costs of formal classes, then I suggest those "free night classes" (or whatever). Websites are convenient and free, but you'll find that if you are really serious about learning the language, the conventional way is the best way to do it.

Good luck in learning the language.
BBnomiumOxide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Japanese Lessons? Teachers Needed! Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:

How do expect to learn Japanese from a website? Where is the interaction going to come into play? (In which you'll find is essential in learning a foreign language) There is a lot more to learning a language than just visiting a website and reading what people posted. You need to interact with others, apply what you've learned in conversation to fully "grasp the idea" of why, when, and how to apply words, phrases, etc. I guarantee a beginner will have questions in which that the "teacher" (on this website) will not be able to give a timely reply. When the reply is finally given, it'll lose whatever impact it should've had because of the time it took to receive it.

Further more, I don't think the people who are fluent on this message board can spare the time to conduct the weekly lessons you are speaking of. (Unless of course they get paid for it) Members of this board are busy people who sign on and post in their spare time. I don't think that they will be able to honor your request.

I don't beleive anyone here are relying on this message board to learn the whole language. From what I've seen and replied to, people just post some questions about words or phrases that they don't understand. A reply is given, and if they don't fully understand it yet, they can ask to clarify the answer or P.M. a fluent speaker who will be able to elaborate on the correct answer. This message board is also not dedicated for "Learning Japanese". Look at the title...... "Jdorama" -Mainly a message board to discuss Japanese dramas and what have you not.

Why don't you go to a website that is dedicated to teaching the language? Or better yet, as someone mentioned earlier, take Japanese classes. You'll find that formal classes will have a much bigger impact in the learning process. If you're worried about costs of formal classes, then I suggest those "free night classes" (or whatever). Websites are convenient and free, but you'll find that if you are really serious about learning the language, the conventional way is the best way to do it.

Good luck in learning the language.

Unluckily, there is no classes near me that i can take. But i guess your right, i cant rely on the website.
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Japanese Lessons? Teachers Needed! Reply with quote Back to top

BBnomiumOxide wrote:

Unluckily, there is no classes near me that i can take. But i guess your right, i cant rely on the website.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Unfortunately, that's the harsh realities of life. You'll find some other way though. (There are always other ways.)
Perhaps a tutor from Japan?
Or, if can afford it, why don't you get a student visa and study Japanese in Japan? (Best way)
niko2x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Japanese Lessons? Teachers Needed! Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
Or, if can afford it, why don't you get a student visa and study Japanese in Japan? (Best way)
Or a one-way ticket to JPN and hang out at "Ueno Park" with all the reast of the homeless? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Japanese Language Lessons! Reply with quote Back to top

---------------------------------------------------
First of all I want to make clear that I'm neither a Japanese native nor an English one. I'm learning both languages as foreign language, so it could be that there are a few mistakes in this little introduction to the japanese language. If you find proper mistakes, please pm me (So I can edit it. This would be a way better for everyone than reading the whole introduction first and then figure out that there was something wrong one post afterwards.)

News

Here are two new download links:

Megaupload:

Lesson 00: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96QHP133

Lesson 01 + Answers: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=86D6VW5U

Rapidshare:

Lesson 00: http://rapidshare.com/files/272456300/Japanese_Lesson_00_-_Introduction__by_Bedi_.rar.html

Lesson 01 + Answers: http://rapidshare.com/files/272456234/Japanese_Lesson_01_-_Hajimemashite___Answers__by_Bedi_.rar.html

Note: Remote Linking is allowed as far as you give credits.

I hope this will be a help to some of you and enjoy studying Japanese Thumbsup

Last edited by Bedi on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 20 times in total
Bedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

News

Here are two new download links:

Megaupload:

Lesson 00: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96QHP133

Lesson 01 + Answers: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=86D6VW5U

Rapidshare:

Lesson 00: http://rapidshare.com/files/272456300/Japanese_Lesson_00_-_Introduction__by_Bedi_.rar.html

Lesson 01 + Answers: http://rapidshare.com/files/272456234/Japanese_Lesson_01_-_Hajimemashite___Answers__by_Bedi_.rar.html

Note: Remote Linking is allowed as far as you give credits.

I hope this will be a help to some of you and enjoy studying Japanese Thumbsup

Last edited by Bedi on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:18 pm; edited 17 times in total
niko2x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mad props, bedi!!! Applaud i know it prolly took a while to write that. you should have aho make that into a sticky.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
mad props, bedi!!! Applaud i know it prolly took a while to write that. you should have aho make that into a sticky.

Same here, Bedi. That is looking way cool. Applaud
TANG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so bmw what race are u?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IkematsuSosuke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great lesson Bedi! Applaud
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TANG wrote:
so bmw what race are u?

Chinese by birth, Japanese in thought. Rolling eyes hehe

Basically, I'm passing as Japanese... Much to my mother's chagrin. Sweat Oh well.
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:

Done.

By the way, good job Bedi.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great job, Bedi! Big Grin
Smiley_18

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good Job! Applaud Thanks for sharing.
Bedi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you people for the nice replies, also for making this a sticky one.
I hope to be able to present more and advanced stuff after finishing my final exams at school.
����΂��ĂˁA�݂��
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bedi wrote:
Thank you people for the nice replies, also for making this a sticky one.
Yeah, anytime.

Bedi wrote:
I hope to be able to present more and advanced stuff after finishing my final exams at school.
����΂��ĂˁA�݂��
Good luck with your schooling.
Look forward to seeing more of your informative posting too! Big Grin

Keep it up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Learn Japanese All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: