jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 961, 962, 963 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cindy--rox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

totally got into japanese dramas too late...
so right now i'm watching hana kimi..
but just finished HYD both seasons...
i'm gonna get started on 1 litre of tears soon and rookies too...
yeah..i have to catch up to everybody!
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched Asuka, the summary version this week.

I didn't think it was that great mid-way, but it grew on me gradually. I really like it by the end. There is a lot of charm to this series. The ending, though nothing special happened, made my hair stand and was really quite moving for me.

Also started on Ame to Yume no atoni.

Found this in the underrated series thread, and it really lives up to that tag. I really like episode 2. I haven't like a series this much for awhile.
ralphm1999

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cindy--rox wrote:
totally got into japanese dramas too late...
so right now i'm watching hana kimi..
but just finished HYD both seasons...
i'm gonna get started on 1 litre of tears soon and rookies too...
yeah..i have to catch up to everybody!

I think you are lucky to have so many great dramas ahead of you. I wish I could see all my dramas again as if I had not seen them already. Even so I watch many of them over many times. For me, I find Japanese dramas are so addicting that I don't need to watch endless new ones when I have so many old friends to revisit.
Both HYDs are on my favorites shelf.

Last edited by ralphm1999 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
ralphm1999

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
Watched Asuka, the summary version this week.

I didn't think it was that great mid-way, but it grew on me gradually. I really like it by the end. There is a lot of charm to this series. The ending, though nothing special happened, made my hair stand and was really quite moving for me.

Are you referring to the asadora Asuka? If so, yes that is great drama... my first introduction to the charms of Takeuchi Yuko. And of course her first major role that rocketed her to stardom.
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ralphm1999 wrote:

Are you referring to the asadora Asuka? If so, yes that is great drama... my first introduction to the charms of Takeuchi Yuko. And of course her first major role that rocketed her to stardom.

Yes. Takeuchi Yuko is one of my favourite actresses too. Her inexperience showed a little bit, but she was quite good overall. When she mimic her father's voice in Asuka, that was pretty funny. hehe

Just finished episode 3 of Ame to Yume. The end of this episode was so moving, I couldn't stop the tears flowing if I tried. This is really a great series.
runpup

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:

Also started on Ame to Yume no atoni.

Found this in the underrated series thread, and it really lives up to that tag. I really like episode 2. I haven't like a series this much for awhile.

I absolutely loved this drama...It was my introduction to Kurokawa Tomoka...what a terrific performance she gave in this one...of course, the wonderful work by Sawamura Ikki and Kimura Tae and Brother Tom makes it just that much better...

BTW, when you're finished with Ame to Yume, you should watch Teru Teru Ashita...it has the same screenwriters...it makes frequent references to Ame to Yume...and all the main actors from Ame are in it too...but it's not a sequel...all the characters are different!!

The Cutest Girl in the World!
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

runpup wrote:

BTW, when you're finished with Ame to Yume, you should watch Teru Teru Ashita...it has the same screenwriters...it makes frequent references to Ame to Yume...and all the main actors from Ame are in it too...but it's not a sequel...all the characters are different!!

Thanks for that! Mr Green I will have to check it out then. ^^
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haken no hinkaku 4-8 today!
EstherM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Catching up with Gonzo - I am at episode 3 and I am really loving it Lovey Eyes
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ame to Yume

It's been a long, long time since I've been moved to tears multiple times... This series is so moving. Definitely one of the best family dramas I've watched. The themes it dealt with has been covered many times by other dramas, but somehow, I think this was the most convincing. It has inspired me to want to change, a little bit.
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Ame to Yume. That was great. It has inspired me to treasure my family and friends more. Thumbsup Voted for it.

Now watching Teru Teru Ashita, as recommended by runpup. I like it so far, Kurokawa Tomoka's character is so different, but she is also very good in this. Reminds me a bit of Sexy Voice and Robo.
sadacori

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This weekend:
Brother Beat up to episode 6 or 7.
Nyokei Kazoku up to episode 4.
Otoko no Kosodate episode 1.

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finished Shumatsukon (Weekend Marriage) last night.

http://www.jdorama.com/drama.385.htm

I've been checking my Thesaurus to see if there's a better word than HORRIBLE!!! to describe this show. But after some thought... I guess HORRIBLE!!! gets the job done.

Thing is... for me anyway... this show was the proverbial ...it was so bad I couldn't stop watching. And I tried. But I just couldn't resist finding out which train track Matsushita's character would tie Nagasaku's character to in the next episode.

Honestly, I couldn't stop laughing. I kept waiting for someone in the cast to murder Matsushita Yuki's character. Either murder her, or just go the whole hog and put her in a black top hat, an opera cape, and paste a handle bar mustache on her, so that she could twirl it.

I wanted to see the show because Abe Hiroshi was in it. Because Nagasaku Hiromi was in it.

But in the end, good actors and actresses are always at the mercy of the drunken 12 year old posing as a writer.

Jeez oh. Grab some wine, invite a few friends over, slip this one into your DVD player and prepare to split your sides laughing.

I also finished Taiyo to Umi no Kyoshitsu

http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1307.htm

Let's see... a Teacher with a twinkle in his eye arrives to save the students at a High School near the beach.

Kichise Michiko looked gorgeous. Kitagawa Keiko dressed like an adult. And Yoshitake Yuriko stole the whole show and continued to make the case that with a few breaks she's gonna be one of the biggest stars in Japan.
sadacori

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, glad you "enjoyed" it, Geez. I thought it was a "so bad, it's good" type of show and I rated it an 8. Bleah

Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dori

Well... it certainly held my attention.

Fortunately for me, I got to see Nagasaku in things like "Funuke:Show Some Love You Losers", "Shukan Maki Yoko" and "Jikou" before "Shumatsukon". And the same goes for Abe.

If I didn't know who they were, and what they were capable of... I might not have found the show so funny.
sadacori

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Dori

Well... it certainly held my attention.

Fortunately for me, I got to see Nagasaku in things like "Funuke:Show Some Love You Losers", "Shukan Maki Yoko" and "Jikou" before "Shumatsukon". And the same goes for Abe.

If I didn't know who they were, and what they were capable of... I might not have found the show so funny.

Agreed. If I had known these actors more, I would've probably laughed my ass off at this show too.

I think this and Omizu no hanamichi were the first Abe Hiroshi shows that I saw so didn't really have a high opinion of him because of his patheticness in them, so it was just surprising how great an actor (and how hot) he turned out to be. Mindboggling stuff.

Nagasaku, I saw in a handful of dramas too, so it was interesting to see her in this role. Not as hilarious as seeing Abe Hiroshi though.

And what the heck is "Funuke:Show Some Love You Losers," btw? I'm guessing it's your nickname for a show because that's pretty hilarious. hehe

Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dori

Funuke:Show Some Love You Losers is the title of a movie.

A black comedy staring Eriko Sato. The story of an evil, self centered beauty who gets herself into some trouble in Tokyo and comes back to her home town.

She is such a monster that her little sister amuses herself drawing big sis as the main monster in her Manga.

Sato and the little sister were supposed to be the main characters in the movie. But Nagasaku playing the Sister-in-Law completely and totally stole the whole movie.

The difference in Nagasaku between "Shumatsukon" and the work she's doing these days is amazing.

Very much like seeing the growth in Abe as an actor.
sadacori

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geez: That sounds really interesting. I'll have to check for this online (or maybe I should check through my collection first. Sweat

Anime Dad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finished off Haken no hinkaku last night. Shinohara Ryoko-chan was fabulous in a totally different role for her. She had me cracking up constantly with the "sore ga nani?" line Smile 9/10
Cerebus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:

Kichise Michiko looked gorgeous. Kitagawa Keiko dressed like an adult. And Yoshitake Yuriko stole the whole show and continued to make the case that with a few breaks she's gonna be one of the biggest stars in Japan.

I totally agree about Yoshitaka Yuriko, she was absolutely superb in Ashita no Kita Yoshio and hilarious in Konno san to Asobo. She really is a star in the making. I also agree that Kichise Michiko is simply stunning.

On topic, I've nearly finished Bus Stop. It isn't nearly as good as I first thought, the whole thing is decidedly average, but things have improved slightly since Yanagiba Toshiro turned up. Maybe I'll be able to work out who on earth Uchiyama Rina reminds me of before it ends.

Also just watched episode 7 of LIFE. Excellent, although it's about as subtle as a brick and most of the male cast seem to be in competition about who can overact the most.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 961, 962, 963 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 962 of 1375

Jump to: