jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Money, Investment, Finances
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
runpup

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info..I'll try it out..

FYI...

http://www.usaweekend.com/09_issues/090215/090215thinksmart-money-track-spending.html

The Cutest Girl in the World!
dochira

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

California can't pass a budget because of one lone senatorial holdout.
Waldo T

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone listening to Money Talk on ABC radio this weekend? They've picked KGO Radio's Business Reporter Lynn Jimenez to fill in for Bob Brinker. She's a great pick, and I hope she'll become a regular to replace the insufferable Bill Flanagan.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In my years trading stocks, I've seen so many young gamblers calling themselves investors throw their money in penny stocks with ignorant bliss. But I'm yet to see any of them actually make money. The reason is simple. The argument that penny stocks are a good investment because they are cheap is meaningless because the price of a stock alone is irrelevant. It's the price against its value that matters. If a stock valued at a hundred dollars sells for eighty dollars, then you can call it cheap because of its upward potential. The OTC market where penny stocks are traded is unregulated, so the price of these stocks is easily manipulated. They also have no liquidity, so the spread alone will eat up a significant percentage of the price. You'll also have to pay a commission that is out of proportion of the price. The only people who make money out of the OTC market are those who sell advisory newsletters with false promises of quick gains, and shady companies that pump-and-dump their own stocks. However, I have to admit that losing your money in penny stocks is far more exciting than sending a check to the IRS.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Markets all around the world have been taking a dump this week because of the Chinese stock market going into a nosedive.

Boy, it sure was a lot easier on my portfolio when they were still communists. Grumble
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching the show "American Greed" and they're talking about this guy that ran a Ponzi scheme that swindled more than $12 million from investors. They interview one of the investors that got taken and I realize, 'Hey! I know that guy! Geez, I thought he was pretty smart!"

Just confirms the old saying, "When it comes to money, don't never trust nobody."
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those living in this part of the world, now that the latest stimulus has been approved (with NOT ONE of the "family values" Republicans voting for it Beat You ), there's a site to check and see when you'll get it: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment?otppartnerid=9190&campaignid=em_mcm_9190_0319&et_cid=71937&et_rid=15137095
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
For those living in this part of the world, now that the latest stimulus has been approved (with NOT ONE of the "family values" Republicans voting for it Beat You ), there's a site to check and see when you'll get it: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment?otppartnerid=9190&campaignid=em_mcm_9190_0319&et_cid=71937&et_rid=15137095

Face it, they're scum. Grumble

Of course, when the stimulus gets praised by their constituents, they'll take credit for it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: