jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Proposal Daisakusen (Operation Love)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nutcase

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha suzzy, i actually finished the entire drama today.

idk, i swear i was planning to watch it slowly over the week... but i got started on episode 6 this morning... and then 7.... 8... before i knew it i finished the entire drama Sweat

and at the end of it, all i have to say is that this has gotta be the most memorable jdrama i've watched in recent years. memorable because it was a complete mix of emotions.... when i was laughing (at kenzo-kun and the rest's baka-ness) i was genuinely enjoying the laughter, when i was moved by the little romantic scenes it felt like my heart was turning jelly (lol. i can't explain it), when i was irritated at kenzo and rei i was on the verge of plunging my fist into the laptop screen, and when i was crying the damned tears just wouldn't stop....

i love how they made this show more than just a love story between kenzo and rei. there was also the special bond that was shared by the 5 friends.... studying in the same class, being in the same baseball team, spending after school time together at shogun, spending every new year together watching the sunrise, surprising each other on birthdays, playing with water bombs just because they felt like it... basically sharing memories of their teenage years together.... growing up but never forgetting one another.... it was so sweet, and real. something i bet we can all identify with....

there was also a lot of meaning behind the show. because time turning is an impossibility in real life.... there is no second chance for all of us. no second chance to say the words we want to say, or express the love we never thought was important enough to show.... somehow.... i know this sounds clinched and stupid, but it really made me think about treasuring the present more....

and did i say? i love the entire cast as well. for doing such a great job with the characters. yamapi and masami... i never liked those 2 in the past. yamapi because people around me kept talking about him, and i just waved it off with 'he's just another JE idol with nothing but a bunch of crazy fangirls behind him'. but alas. thanks to kenzo-kun, my impression of yamapi has taken a 360 degree, roller coaster turn. i hate to admit it, but there's something extremely charismatic about him that drives people nuts even though he isn't the most good looking guy out there (i still don't think he's mega-cute or anything). and masami. yes, her face looks swollen at times, she looks too old for her age, her laughter is so dry, she has that irritating, please-slap-me expression on her face when she's angry.... but hey. i can't imagine anyone else as rei besides her. i know there are a lot of yamaki fans out there complaining about how they couldn't bear watching this drama or how maki would have been so much better in it than masami.... blah blah.... but blame it on first impressions, i grew to like masami acting as rei so much that i think she's perfect for the role. right down to that stubbornness.

(i am starting to get the remote feeling that my post is growing a lot longer than it is supposed to be)

but anw, something that became clear to me towards the end of the show: i was falling for the characters tsuru and eri.... even more than for kenzo and rei. so much so that i can safely say, my favourite scene in this entire show was when eri gave tsuru the surprise kiss at the departmental store. the romance between those 2 was, albeit deliberately so, a stark contrast to the relationship between kenzo and rei. it was light-hearted and a huge relief from the dark, ominous clouds that were towering over our 2 main leads at that point in time. just thought i'd add that this happens to me a lot... i mean, liking the sub characters more than the main ones in the end (the most notable one being in nodame cantabile).

it seems like i can go on forever about this show.... lol. i wonder how many people, if any at all, would actually read this. but to end it off with my favourite line from prodai....

"anyeonghasae YO"

(now admit it. you thought it was 'hallelujah chance'? Mr Green )
FarOutFreak

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nutcase wrote:
i actually finished the entire drama today.

Did you check out the SP, too?
suzzy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nutcase wrote:

idk, i swear i was planning to watch it slowly over the week... but i got started on episode 6 this morning... and then 7.... 8... before i knew it i finished the entire drama Sweat

)
wow thats alot to read
still not done
but wow u did
u gotta watch the sp too it explain the ending

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nutcase wrote:

i love how they made this show more than just a love story between kenzo and rei. there was also the special bond that was shared by the 5 friends.... studying in the same class, being in the same baseball team, spending after school time together at shogun, spending every new year together watching the sunrise, surprising each other on birthdays, playing with water bombs just because they felt like it... basically sharing memories of their teenage years together.... growing up but never forgetting one another.... it was so sweet, and real. something i bet we can all identify with....

there was also a lot of meaning behind the show. because time turning is an impossibility in real life.... there is no second chance for all of us. no second chance to say the words we want to say, or express the love we never thought was important enough to show.... somehow.... i know this sounds clinched and stupid, but it really made me think about treasuring the present more....

wow that really nice
that u wold say that
i know because if we did have ability to back in the past we may not have known the people we know today
and we will never learn hehe as they we learn form our past right hehe
will somthing alongthat line

Quote:
it seems like i can go on forever about this show.... lol. i wonder how many people, if any at all, would actually read this. but to end it off with my favourite line from prodai....

"anyeonghasae YO"
well iam one ofthose who read it all
Mr Green
how ever doesn't anyeonghasae YO mean either thank u in korean
or somthing like that right ?????

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FarOutFreak wrote:

Did you check out the SP, too?

not yet. but i'll check it out soon, definitely!

suzzy wrote:

yes, it's actually korean. haha. but do you remember in high school kenzo-kun and his friends like to greet each other using "anyeonghasae YO" (and they'll do the pointing action together?).... i just thought it was cute XD

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

suzzy wrote:
well iam one ofthose who read it all
Mr Green

It means "Hi" or "Good Morning!" Mr Green
suzzy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nutcase wrote:

yes, it's actually korean. haha. but do you remember in high school kenzo-kun and his friends like to greet each other using "anyeonghasae YO" (and they'll do the pointing action together?).... i just thought it was cute XD
actuall
no i dont hehe
for some reason hehe
they did i guess iahve to double check

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dianil5272 wrote:

It means "Hi" or "Good Morning!" Mr Green
oh arigatou
i will check it out

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*sorry to intrude ^^;;

yeah ahnyoung haseyo means hello or good morning in korean
actually ken spoke another korean word i cant remember but
i think it was araso* [i see] it was funny how he pronounced these
words, so cool ^^ lol
suzzy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mysaki-san wrote:
*sorry to intrude ^^;;

yeah ahnyoung haseyo means hello or good morning in korean
actually ken spoke another korean word i cant remember but
i think it was araso* [i see] it was funny how he pronounced these
words, so cool ^^ lol

oh soka
but iam still goingto check
i feeling can slow about what uall are talking about Crazy

Last edited by suzzy on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Wynter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Review: 7/10

Okay, so here�fs the thing. When I started watching Proposal Daisakusen, I got bored right away. Every episode copies the same format, and the format got really tiring. I found the actors/actresses disconnected and it seemed they were just doing the roles because they were being paid for it. There was no heart.

Then, about episode 7 (yes, it took a LONG time) I finally started to enjoy some of the characters. I thought Fujiki Naohito was great, but then, he always is. I also really enjoyed the connection between the two side characters: Eri (Eikura) and Tsuru (Hamada). YamaPi�fs character, Ken, really started to grow on me as well, and although I found the character�fs actions really frustrating and annoying, I thought YamaPi�fs portrayal was positive. I really began to buy into his dilemma. Masami, as always, remained annoying until the last episode, where her character finally gains some sense.

The end of the drama was VERY satisfying, and this made up for all the boredom I suffered through. The SP was great to, and I was left feeling nice and happy.

Would I recommend this drama? Probably not. Even though I enjoyed it by the end, the drama over all is still boring.

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jitpunkia

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i love this drama ..
tinyamaki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on episode 1.... I think this is a good drama.... Yamapi is so Kakkoi!!! Dancing
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fan or not... its a must watch... well i cant blame those whos sick of too much Yamapi... hehe
Sorata

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I normally don�Lt care too much about the acting as long as i�Lm entertained, but Yamapi was really awuful in this. I couldn�Lt stand his fake exagerate expressions, this just prove how much unidimensional is Yamapi�Ls acting, he was really good in Nobuta wa Produce and Sore wa, Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni but that�Ls pretty much all he can do.

But anyway the suport cast was really good and made up for the two leads faults: Hiraoka Yuuta, Hamada Gaku, Eikura Nana and Fujiki Naohito.
kawaiiruna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

one of my best drama ever w00t!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode6.........Gosh I hate Kenzou....he's so dense!!!!! Such a baka guy!!!! Shake Head
airiholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even though it was repetitive, I enjoyed watching it. Probably because I was like Ken, not able to confess to the person I liked. I think Tada san is the strongest character in the series. Only a real man can do what he did at the wedding and forgive the man who took his future wife away.

The best lesson I learned from watching this is you can't change the past, but you can change the present and yourself. Motomeyo, saraba ataeraren
suzzy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

airiholic wrote:
Even though it was repetitive, I enjoyed watching it. Probably because I was like Ken, not able to confess to the person I liked. I think Tada san is the strongest character in the series. Only a real man can do what he did at the wedding and forgive the man who took his future wife away.

The best lesson I learned from watching this is you can't change the past, but you can change the present and yourself. Motomeyo, saraba ataeraren
you said it right Thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished the drama which I found pretty mediocre. Now, I'm watching the special as I type and...did I seriously just see Kenzo run all the way from Waikiki to Honolulu Airport and hardly breaking a sweat? Doh! I know Japanese dramas love their running scenes and all but that's a little too much, even with suspension of disbelief... XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: