jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Byakuyakou
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kassy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just start to watch this drama.... I'know that i'm late :p I've find it very interesting storyline... different from most of J-drama.... and like my id name, I just start to watch this because of Kassy although I know that he wasn't the main cast but after I watch up til now (eps 6) love it! ^^ also love the ost....
lighthouse168

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone of you have the soft subtitles for this drama, i already download whole series of this drama, but can't watch it without subtitles...please help me if anyone of you have the soft suntitles and willing to help.
HHND

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
That's why I really don't know why the Japanese didn't really like this drama (Viewership ratings only 12.28%!) and there are so less opinion on the drama from the member of jdrama.com!!! Maybe you've not finished watching it yet? ^^ highly highly recommanded!

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this doesn't receive high ratings, it's not a romance drama coupled with good plot (you would expect something like Proposal Daisakusen to get high ratings - I'm not sure if it did though) Anyone who hasn't seen Byakuyakou is missing out though! The connection between the characters is just plain vicious. When they're together (Yukiho + Ryou) they realize they're even more cruel and just can't stop their wrongdoings. However they clutch onto even the slightest hope of being together. The message that even people who have lost most of their morals do wish to be able to love and be loved. And in this aspect I think Yukiho and Ryou, especially Ryou, are still lucky that they have someone they love, and that someone loves them back. For Ryou, he has two women who truly love him, and even has a son (I don't know about Japanese culture, but having a son is supposed to be something really rewarding for a bad person, it's sort of like a redeeming thing in other Asian cultures). His ending wasn't bad at all. But Yukiho ... She continues to suffer just so that his death wouldn't be meaningless ...

The scene where she holds hand with the little boy was simply heartbreaking as well. But does anyone remember if the boy was actually Ryou's son? I tried to imagine it was, and it would make a whole lot of sense it it was, but I just can't see how the mother looked anything like Noriko (Ryou's "lover")
Sorata

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HHND wrote:

The scene where she holds hand with the little boy was simply heartbreaking as well. But does anyone remember if the boy was actually Ryou's son? I tried to imagine it was, and it would make a whole lot of sense it it was, but I just can't see how the mother looked anything like Noriko (Ryou's "lover")

I have that doubt too Bang Head Bang Head

This is such an intense story, it�Ls not your "watch-with-the-whole-family-at-dinner-time" kind of dorama.
The cast was great, Takeda Tetsuya and Takayuki as ususal and the two kids(very impressive).
What i loved about this was how i could like the characters and care for them dispite all the deaths and rapes.
The last scene with the kid was really gold Bow
Bbbut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished this great drama. It easily gets 10 out of 10 points from me. Only the last episode was a letdown in my eyes.

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:
Sorata

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bbbut wrote:
I just finished this great drama. It easily gets 10 out of 10 points from me. Only the last episode was a letdown in my eyes.

Yes the ending was huge letdown, if the entire story was about something unusual why couldn�Lt they go with an unusual ending U Suck
mitayashi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i haven't watch but the synopsis sounds interesting. I already heard the soundtrack and it sounds great. so definitely it's on my list to watch Smile
HHND

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the ending!!!

Rozenrot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, now this sounds interesting. Its certainly going on my list of dramas to check out. What ratings would people give it?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rozenrot wrote:
What ratings would people give it?

See this: http://jdorama.com/drama.980.htm Victory! Peace!
Rozenrot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kewl, I should explore this site much more, its very very useful! Dancing
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rozenrot wrote:
Kewl, I should explore this site much more, its very very useful! Dancing

Please do.

And any input you have to make it better or more useful would be greatly appreciated. Smile
spazzy06

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh Byakuyakou... I almost feel guilty for liking this drama. ashamed The characters are mental and they rationalize their inhumane actions with their love for one another. This show is dark and it truly shows the ugly side of human beings, if you should even classify the two main characters as that. But despite the craziness, this show was oddly addicting.

It was like a train wreck. Very disturbing, but yet you can't stop watching it. This drama isn't for everybody, but its one of the best j-dramas I've seen.
Chitose_valiya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished It and I have to say that It really got into me. The story, It's not really complicated but It's intriguing and very unexpected, since It told about inhuman doings, but to say something really human.
Here's my comment, since I had to take out some parts of the drama to analyze, It may content a lot of spoilers, please consider before reading!!! And thank You for read It!!

It really took me a while to let go of the depressed situation after watching It. If someone ask me: "Will You watch it again?", I will answer: "Yes, of course!!!", but if someone ask me: "Shall I watch It?", I will answer: "No, I won't recommend It!", and depend on how this person is, I'll be strongly or less strongly against him/her watching this drama. I rate It 10/10, both in plot, acting and directing. Rare and Great drama!!!

Last edited by Chitose_valiya on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
HHND

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, such a long comment!

Edit: oops sorry, completely forgot hehehe

Last edited by HHND on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uh, I hope you guys are using the spoiler tags where appropriate... Sweat

Code:
[spoiler] text [/spoiler]
Bbbut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HHND wrote:

yanie_chan

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Byakuyakou will be made into a movie starring Horikita Maki as Yukiho. It will premiere in April 2011.
The filming has started and some people said, they have filmed the social dance scenes in the university.
Rumors says Ryoji will be acted by Kora Kengo. The director and the other cast will be announced around next week.

I'm currently reading the novel. In terms of appearance, I think Kitagawa Keiko fits perfectly with how Higashino Keigo described Yukiho's beauty. In the book, Yukiho was described to have the cold type, striking beauty, has this elegant aura and acts a like a rich lady (ojousama). She look almost like a French mannequin if only her eyes are bigger.

But in terms of character, Ayase Haruka acted the role brilliantly just as in the book. (I'm not sure if Kitagawa Keiko would be capable to act the role^^) Horikita Maki doesn't really have the looks and I'm not sure if she can act Yukiho well with the limited duration of the movie, but I hope she'd do just fine.

I'm currently on Chapter 8 (out of 13) and apparently each chapter is told from different characters' point of views. So it's like each chapter has different main character. But there is one link that connects them together. Those various characters are people who has interactions with Kirihara Ryoji and Karasawa Yukiho.

Ryoji's plot and Yukiho's plot might seem totally not related, but there are hints here and there, which connects and would make the readers pondering, does Ryoji and Yukiho know each other? In the end, we can only keep guessing about it, but these chapters never told the story from Ryoji and Yukiho's points of views so we'd never know, probably until the end.

Although I find the book very interesting to read so far, but I think I like the TBS drama more since it shows what happens behind the crimes, and to me, most memorable scenes are Ryoji-Yukiho touching dialogues. I still don't know how will that go in the novel, though. Maybe a flashback.

I've also just watched Baekyahaeng, the Korean movie adaptation. It was awful! The movie didn't do justice at all to the novel, and it left out so many critical details. The actress who plays Yukiho was awful too. The actor who plays Ryoji was okay, though. I don't even want to start with the plot changes they made.

I'm starting to feel worried about the Japanese movie. The novel is quite long and I think the TBS drama covered it pretty well, although they made up some new plots. The characters development were done very well too. I'm afraid the movie won't be able to show the characters development well due to the limited time.

Currently rewatching the drama too, as I'm reading the book. Yappari, Yamada-Ayase combi saikou~~!!! I didn't find their acting that great the first time I watched it, but after reading the novel, somehow I find their acting so brilliant. Yappari, TBS no Byakuyakou wa SAIKOU!

I read in 2ch, many people disagree about Horikita Maki being casted, and some said, Yukiho = Ayase Haruka, in their mind. Maki impressed me in ALWAYS, but other than that... not much. Hope she can impress me again.
Madoka

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yanie_chan wrote:
'm currently reading the novel.

Is that in Japanese or English or another language? I would love to read the novel in English.

I just finished this series last week. Yes, I'm a little slow. Easily one of the best dramas I've seen. Part of me wanted them to get away with it....

I was used to Ayase in fun, light dramas, but she was excellent in this drama. I loved that cold, steelly look she would get when planning someone's demise. This show reminded me why I like J-Dramas so much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: