jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Awards for Japanese Dramas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meoinkie2

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Shouldn't the award have been from the Woodworker's Association or the League of Carpenters??? Shake Head

I can't BELIEVE his "acting" was better than the other dozens of supporting actor roles from all of last year's dramas... bleh

What a sham.

Sweat if for Ryuusei no Kizuna it could have been better.. Beaten

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kirasano wrote:
60th Television Drama Awards...
this is all i found ....

Outstanding Drama Award
1. Triangle (2586 votes)
2. Zeni Geba (2320 votes)
3. Uta no Onii-san (1968 votes)
4. Voice (1080 votes)
5. Mei-chan no Shitsuji (926 votes)
According to

http://blog.television.co.jp/drama/academy/2009/04/22/

Best Drama: Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Best Actor: Matsuyama Kenichi (Zeni Geba)
Best Actress: Kanno Miho (Kiina)
Best Supporting Actor: Sato Takeru (Mei-chan no Shitsuji)
Best Supporting Actress: Katase Nana (Uta no Onii-san)
Best Script: Yamada Taichi (Arifureta Kiseki)
Best Director: Otani Taro, Kariyama Shunsuke (Zeni Geba)
Best Song: Ohno Satoshi, "Kumori Nochi, Kaisei" (Uta no Onii-san)
Special Award: Aibou season 7

Don't have any details on the runners up of each category yet.
meoinkie2

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

taroqq wrote:
According to

http://blog.television.co.jp/drama/academy/2009/04/22/

Best Drama: Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Best Actor: Matsuyama Kenichi (Zeni Geba)
Best Supporting Actor: Sato Takeru (Mei-chan no Shitsuji)
Best Supporting Actress: Katase Nana (Uta no Onii-san)
Best Script: Yamada Taichi (Arifureta Kiseki)
Best Director: Otani Taro, Kariyama Shunsuke (Zeni Geba)
Best Song: Ohno Satoshi, "Kumori Nochi, Kaisei" (Uta no Onii-san)
Special Award: Aibou season 7

Don't have any details on the runners up of each category yet.

thanks for these info!! is it okay if i repost this on other forums?? will credit you of course..^_^

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

meoinkie2 wrote:

thanks for these info!! is it okay if i repost this on other forums?? will credit you of course..^_^
Pls feel free; no credit is necessary as I merely translated the official info into English.
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Japan Council for Radio and Television strikes again now with members web voted "My Best TV Award Grand Prix" (popularity vote from a small pool of members? I don't know.. my Japanese is really bad)
Here's the top 10 best TV shows:

1. Ryusei no Kizuna (TBS) 154 votes
2. DOOR TO DOOR (TBS) 151 votes
3. Maou (TBS) 110 votes
4. 24 Hours TV [the telethon where Arashi was the host] (NTV) 70 votes
5. Uta no Oniisan (TV Asahi) 48 votes
6. Kaze no Garden (Fuji TV) 46 votes
7. Odoroki no Arashi #5 [the show where Arashi did baka-curiosity experiments] (NTV) 39 votes
8. (Jounetsu Tairiku? Documentary?) Continental passion "Nagase Tomoya" (TBS) 35 votes
9. Last Friends (Fuji TV) 33 votes
10. YAY PANDA! [The fabulous Love Shuffle] (TBS) 31 votes

source: http://www.houkon.jp/member/grandprix.html

439 voters/members of Japan Council for Radio and Television and 60% are Arashi fans. Ha ha. I am pleased.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:
60% are Arashi fans.

Need I say it?

What a joke. Shake Head
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Need I say it?

What a joke. Shake Head

hehe
but really DOOR to DOOR was fabulous and Maou will forever be my favourite while the rest of the Arashi-fied shows actually are genuinely good for the soul (even for non-fans as well). I'm just happy Japan really do love 'em Rolly

Since my Japanese is only google translate based.. this was a vote limited only to 439 members? From the description it said it was "popularity with critical eye..something". I'm also glad Love Shuffle making it to top 10 despite the low ratings. Applaud
meoinkie2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:

hehe
but really DOOR to DOOR was fabulous and Maou will forever be my favourite while the rest of the Arashi-fied shows actually are genuinely good for the soul (even for non-fans as well). I'm just happy Japan really do love 'em Rolly

Dancing w00t! w00t! Dancing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh interesting I wonder how that voting process works. If its web votes then it probably is just Arashi fan clicking away right? Or is it the members of that council happen to be Arashi fans? Anyway, congrats to them, especially to Nino! It's true that they probably don't merit all the accolades they get, but you must admit they know how to entertain (and that's why they're considered idols!) I myself couldn't understand my cousin's enthusiasm for Arashi just a year ago, and then I started watching Mago Mago Arashi, and then AnS, and then VS Arashi...and now I admit I've crossed over to the dark side and become a full-fledged fangirl Bonk

I think that Odoroki no Arashi SP even landed them on a few international websites 'cause of that baka lego boat experiment rofl Google
meoinkie2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:
The Japan Council for Radio and Television strikes again now with members web voted "My Best TV Award Grand Prix" (popularity vote from a small pool of members? I don't know.. my Japanese is really bad)

just quoting what migimaru from tokyograph had said..
Quote:
It's part of the Galaxy Awards. There were 38 nominees, taking the top 3 nominees from each month (not sure how it ended up with 38 - probably some ties). The final votes were done online, with 439 people participating (not sure if these were part of a special committee or if they were just members of a website). Each person voted for their top three choices.

so probably, like what tabemonster had said, members of the council are the ones that voted??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabemonster wrote:
Ohh interesting I wonder how that voting process works. If its web votes then it probably is just Arashi fan clicking away right? Or is it the members of that council happen to be Arashi fans? Anyway, congrats to them, especially to Nino! It's true that they probably don't merit all the accolades they get, but you must admit they know how to entertain (and that's why they're considered idols!) I myself couldn't understand my cousin's enthusiasm for Arashi just a year ago, and then I started watching Mago Mago Arashi, and then AnS, and then VS Arashi...and now I admit I've crossed over to the dark side and become a full-fledged fangirl Bonk

I think that Odoroki no Arashi SP even landed them on a few international websites 'cause of that baka lego boat experiment rofl Google

I wonder which ones of the accolades to Arashi does not merit...
Bias-ness aside, I do think they deserves every single award they get this past year. Victory! Peace!

It seems like the members are required to provide a Japan address along with phone number for every application. Since it seems to be strict on applications, I assume a member is only allowed 1 vote each for 3 nominees.
If I get to vote, I would vote for 24jikan teribi, Door to Door and Maou.
tabemonster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:

I wonder which ones of the accolades to Arashi does not merit...
Bias-ness aside, I do think they deserves every single award they get this past year. Victory! Peace!

It seems like the members are required to provide a Japan address along with phone number for every application. Since it seems to be strict on applications, I assume a member is only allowed 1 vote each for 3 nominees.
If I get to vote, I would vote for 24jikan teribi, Door to Door and Maou.

Mm, let's put it this way. Though I think they are strong contenders for the awards they are nominated for, IMHO, there are certain people/groups that seem a bit more deserving. I don't really memorize all the awards they get so I can't really check off which ones I think they deserve and which ones they didn't. Don't get me wrong--I am also an Arashi fan, but I definitely have my gripes about how this geinokai works. And I love Arashi just as much as the next fan girl, but there are other people I'm rooting for too. Smile Victory! Peace!

If I got to vote...I would vote for Uta no Oniisan, Love Shuffle, or...I don't know! The Japanese things I watch are limited to doramas and variety shows, but there's so much out there!
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabemonster wrote:

Mm, let's put it this way. Though I think they are strong contenders for the awards they are nominated for, IMHO, there are certain people/groups that seem a bit more deserving. I don't really memorize all the awards they get so I can't really check off which ones I think they deserve and which ones they didn't. Don't get me wrong--I am also an Arashi fan, but I definitely have my gripes about how this geinokai works. And I love Arashi just as much as the next fan girl, but there are other people I'm rooting for too. Smile Victory! Peace!

If I got to vote...I would vote for Uta no Oniisan, Love Shuffle, or...I don't know! The Japanese things I watch are limited to doramas and variety shows, but there's so much out there!

I get what you mean since most of the times Johnny's will get the upper hand at popularity awards. They are a big marketing machine so it does seems like they are the big bully to those other small geinokai. I'm actually quite fond of Love Shuffle too unfortunately its the only drama without a Johnny that manage to hold my attention hehe
However since I do follow every single award Arashi gets (it's my hobby. judge me if you may Bleah).. hmm.. let's see:
1) Matsujun Man of the Year award by GQ for the actor/singer category (hahahaha... maybe they should have an Idol category instead)
2) Oricon #1 single of the year - Truth (its based on sales so it is deserving)
-All awards for Maou as listed in this thread (deserving IMO because it is the one drama that left the biggest impression on me)
-Acting awards for Ninomiya (deserving. definitely. anyone dares to disagree?)
-Beautiful Days as best theme song (Maybe not. I like it but not enough for an award)
-Kumori Nochi, kaisei as best theme song (cute but not good enough for an award)
Most of Japanese awards are popularity based anyways. Power to the voters thus it is deserving by default. I guess I couldn't agree if someone thinks Nino did not deserve his acting award. That was my only gripe hehe Just to lay it out there, I do think Ryusei no Kizuna is overrated. I prefer Love Shuffle much better.

24hour TV was kinda amazing though. 24 hours just flew by and my eyes suffered the next day hehe
tabemonster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tofuuuuu wrote:

I get what you mean since most of the times Johnny's will get the upper hand at popularity awards. They are a big marketing machine so it does seems like they are the big bully to those other small geinokai. I'm actually quite fond of Love Shuffle too unfortunately its the only drama without a Johnny that manage to hold my attention hehe
However since I do follow every single award Arashi gets (it's my hobby. judge me if you may Bleah).. hmm.. let's see:
1) Matsujun Man of the Year award by GQ for the actor/singer category (hahahaha... maybe they should have an Idol category instead)
2) Oricon #1 single of the year - Truth (its based on sales so it is deserving)
-All awards for Maou as listed in this thread (deserving IMO because it is the one drama that left the biggest impression on me)
-Acting awards for Ninomiya (deserving. definitely. anyone dares to disagree?)
-Beautiful Days as best theme song (Maybe not. I like it but not enough for an award)
-Kumori Nochi, kaisei as best theme song (cute but not good enough for an award)
Most of Japanese awards are popularity based anyways. Power to the voters thus it is deserving by default. I guess I couldn't agree if someone thinks Nino did not deserve his acting award. That was my only gripe hehe Just to lay it out there, I do think Ryusei no Kizuna is overrated. I prefer Love Shuffle much better.

24hour TV was kinda amazing though. 24 hours just flew by and my eyes suffered the next day hehe

lol, I won't judge you at all! I actually admire the rational Arashi fangirls and how dedicated they are to this fandom at times...hmm anyway, the awards you mentioned: I'm not a big MatsuJun fan, and I've only seen him in HanaDan. I liked him in that, but he's just playing an exaggerated version of his usual DoS self hehe Caught a bit of him in Smile and wasn't really impressed. Seems like he got the man of the year award riding off of HanaDan's fame...but it's true that he still is immensely popular even without it. As for their Oricon charts awards--yes it's based on sales, but I wish it was also based on a little more substance. Smile I do love their songs but their music is always safe (afterall, they are catering to the lowest common denominator). And to be honest I'm actually really pleased Beautiful Days got an award 'cause I really like it ashamed

Finally, yup, totally agree that Nino deserved his awards, and I also agree that there will be people who challenge this. Overall as an actor he is wonderful, but RnK was not his best work. He needs to do more movies! He's the reason I succumbed to Arashi and became a Johnny minion. With no preconception of JE, he totally amazed me in Letters from Iwo Jima, and again convinced me of his talent in Ao no Honou (watched this one after Iwo Jima even though it came out first).

Okay this is getting too be too much of an extension of the Arashi thread so I will end here! Apologies for the rambling, Bow

Oh, just to add, I wish Kase Ryo had gotten some kind of award for Arifureta Kiseki. Great actor, so underrated! Ah well, like you said, ain't nothing but popularity awards. I don't even really take 'em seriously, even though I just took time to post about them Bonk
HHND

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Shouldn't the award have been from the Woodworker's Association or the League of Carpenters??? Shake Head

Bang Head
Don't worry, many Ryo fans admit it should have gone to *at least* Eita.
I'm shocked at Kame winning the Nikkan sports. Not that I expect much from this award anyways, but truly, frankly, subjectively speaking Kame's not the hottest out there Nut (I like him, but not because I think he's hot)
Being a die-hard Shuuji fan (Kame's role in Nobuta wo Produce), I expected a lot from his other dramas, but so far NwP is the only one where his acting impresses me, sadly. Grumble
Rozenrot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Huzzah for Kanno Miho! Applaud
tofuuuuu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Best Drama
by readers:
1 SMILE (TBS)
2 BOSS (FujiTV)
3 The Quiz Show Season 2 (NTV)

by reporters:
1 Shiroi Haru (FujiTV)
2 BOSS (FujiTV)
3 Aishiteru (NTV)

by judges:
1 BOSS (FujiTV)
2 Aishiteru (NTV)
3 Shiroi Haru (FujiTV)

Best Actor
by readers:
1 Matsumoto Jun (SMILE)
2 Sakurai Sho (The Quiz Show Season 2)
3 Abe Hiroshi (Shiroi Haru)

by reporters:
1 Abe Hiroshi (Shiroi Haru)
2 Uchino Masaaki (Rinjo)
3 Sakurai Sho (The Quiz Show Season 2)

by judges
1 Abe Hiroshi (Shiroi Haru)
2 Uchino Masaaki (Rinjo)
3 Sakurai Sho (The Quiz Show Season 2)

Best Actress
by readers:
1 Amami Yuuki (BOSS)
2 Inamori Izumi (Aishiteru)
3 Horikita Maki (Atashinchi no Danshi)

by reporters:
1 Inamori Izumi (Aishiteru)
2 Amami Yuuki (BOSS)
3 Takahata Atsuko (Fufudo 2)

by judges:
1 Amami Yuuki (BOSS)
2 Inamori Izumi (Aishiteru)
3 Masami Nagasawa (Boku no Imouto)

Best Supporting Actor
by readers:
1 Nakai Kiichi (SMILE)
2 Yokoyama Yuu (The Quiz Show Season 2)
3 Takenouchi Yutaka (BOSS)

by reporters:
1 Endo Kenichi (Shiroi Haru)
2 Takenouchi Yutaka (BOSS)
3 Oguri Shun (SMILE)

by judges:
1 Takenouchi Yutaka (BOSS)
2 Endo Kenichi (Shiroi Haru)
3 Chihara Junior (Boku no Imouto)

Best Supporting Actress
by readers:
1 Aragaki Yui (SMILE) Mr Green
2 Toda Erika (BOSS)
3 Nozomi Ohashi (Shiroi Haru)

by reporters:
1 Nozomi Ohashi (Shiroi Haru)
2 Aragaki Yui (SMILE)
3 Itaya Yuka (Aishiteru)

by judges:
1 Nozomi Ohashi (Shiroi Haru)
2 Tanaka Misako (Aishiteru)
3 Aragaki Yui (SMILE)

Drama Song Award
1 Ashita no Kioku by Arashi - The Quiz Show Season 2 (NTV) Applaud
2 Ariamaru Tomi by Shiina Ringo - SMILE (TBS)
3 Best of My Life by Superfly - BOSS (FujiTV)

Director Award
+ BOSS (FujiTV)
Narita Takeshi
Hoshino Kazunari
Ishii Yuusuke
Mitsuno Mitio

Screenplay Award
+ Shiroi Haru (FujiTV)
Ozaki Masaya

original sources: Weekly The Television magazine @arashinino

source: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/61st-Drama-Academy-Awards-talk672420.html by meoinkie2 (lol. where are you? w00t!)
WD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Overall result from the above:

Best Drama: Boss
Best Actor: Abe Hiroshi (Shiroi Haru)
Best Actress: Amami Yuki (Boss)
Best Supporting Actor: Takenouchi Yutaka (Boss)
Best Supporting Actress: Aragaki Yui (Smile)
Best Scriptwriter: Ozaki Masaya (Shiroi Haru)

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
issy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Best drama : BOSS

WHAT???????????? Crazy Crazy Crazy
I am watching BOSS at the moment (ep7) and there is no way better than Shiroi Haru or Smile (need to wacth The Quiz Show 2 though)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

issy wrote:
Best drama : BOSS

WHAT???????????? Crazy Crazy Crazy

Style over substance, yet again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 24 of 28

Jump to: