jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1127, 1128, 1129 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:
Just finished Shiroi Haru. Thank you, Beem. Hug
And now Im off to wash my tear streaked face. I love Abe Hiroshi...... Shameful Cry

You're welcome. Victory! Peace! Hug

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:
Eve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I found it deeply moving, Abe and the little girl had me but

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

Almost makes me want to check out the first ep. of LF.
The key word being almost!
    Another 2008 drama to avoid is Innocent Love, it's almost as bad as Last Friends which isn't too surprising since they were written by the same person. The only saving grace Innocent Love has is Yuki Uchida.
sadacori

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
    Another 2008 drama to avoid is Innocent Love, it's almost as bad as Last Friends which isn't too surprising since they were written by the same person. The only saving grace Innocent Love has is Yuki Uchida.

Shouldn't this be in the crappy dramas thread? Or whatever it was called. Mr Green I wish people would post in there so I know what dramas to avoid.

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
Eve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sadacori wrote:

Shouldn't this be in the crappy dramas thread? Or whatever it was called. Mr Green I wish people would post in there so I know what dramas to avoid.

Agreed. Victory! Peace!

And Im going to take GM's word for it and give Innocent Love a miss too.
hehe

Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Innocent Love was just awful.

But as gaijinmark mentioned... it featured Yuki Uchida... so how could you possibly put it in the "crappy Drama" section?

Anyway... I always disliked the "Crappy Drama" thread. It always leads to hurt feelings and defensive posts when people find out they were wrong about dramas that they thought they liked.
WD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the new season, I'm watching JIN, ROMES, My Girl, and still patiently waiting for Fumou Chitai's subs. So far, JIN's first episode is the best, and ROMES is better than My Girl.

Also finishing up Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji Season 4. Smile

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
akito-kun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching Medaka. Thanks to the member who mentioned it (sorry, can't remember who it was Sweat )

I like it so far. Though I can't help noticing common points between Medaka and Yankumi !
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

akito-kun wrote:

I like it so far. Though I can't help noticing common points between Medaka and Yankumi !

I have watched Medaka 2 or 3 times already, that never occurred to me before... hehe
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:

Anyway... I always disliked the "Crappy Drama" thread. It always leads to hurt feelings and defensive posts when people find out they were wrong about dramas that they thought they liked.
    I agree. That's what the comments section of each drama is for. There are people's opinions that I value and those that I don't and I pretty much follow those. Besides, reading the comments, it's pretty easy to sort out the fanboy/fangirl opinions.
EstherM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^and then there are the exceptions: dramas that you thought you would like because they are warmly recommended by trusted reviewers but you just can�Lt get into them. I guess that�Ls called personal taste. I didn�Lt like Pride or Muri no renai but that doesn�Lt mean they are crap.

OT: I watched the first episode of Tokyo Dogs. Now that was truly awful, I think I drop this immediately.
marspeach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
^and then there are the exceptions: dramas that you thought you would like because they are warmly recommended by trusted reviewers but you just can�Lt get into them. I guess that�Ls called personal taste. I didn�Lt like Pride or Muri no renai but that doesn�Lt mean they are crap.

OT: I watched the first episode of Tokyo Dogs. Now that was truly awful, I think I drop this immediately.

Oh no, I had mildly high hopes for this one. I'm waiting for the hardsubbed version to come out so I don't have to download twice. Hopefully this is just another matter of personal taste, because I loved Muri na Renai.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Darn it EstherM, you're no help.

I hated Pride but I loved Muri na Renai
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
^and then there are the exceptions:
    Judging by your new avatar I guess you liked Bengoshi no Kuzu. I hated it, but Geezer really liked it.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
I didn�Lt like Pride or Muri no renai but that doesn�Lt mean they are crap.

Muri na Renai??? Shocked
marspeach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched first episode of Jin. Really intriguing!!! On the second ep now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
I didn�Lt like Pride

You didnt like PRide!! Shocked Shocked

WE can never be friends again..... Beat You rofl

Seriously though, regarding the Crappy Thread, never seems a great idea to me to be based on the negative to begin with...

And yes, youre right, Geez.

desert-raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just watched episode 2 & 3 of Koi ni Ochitara...and crap, I'm starting to like Kusanagi Tsuyoshi....I keep rooting for him. Must resist...Must resist.

Also helps to have Tanihara Shosuke, who's just way cool.Victory! Peace!

And Matsushita Nao, Sato Eriko, Kimura Yoshino to ogle. Eriko-san will forever be Cutie Honey to me! Nut

-Dave[/b]
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

desert-raven wrote:
I just watched episode 2 & 3 of Koi ni Ochitara...and crap, I'm starting to like Kusanagi Tsuyoshi....I keep rooting for him. Must resist...Must resist.

Also helps to have Tanihara Shosuke, who's just way cool.Victory! Peace!

And Matsushita Nao, Sato Eriko, Kimura Yoshino to ogle. Eriko-san will forever be Cutie Honey to me! Nut

-Dave[/b]

Didn't I tell you that was an awesome cast?

And that SMAP guy is the best of 'em. Victory! Peace!

Tanihara Shosuke? Underrated and under-appreciated... He's really good in Mop Girl as well... And he's in the upcoming Nodame movies as a conductor. Victory! Peace! Applaud
Ender's Girl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:

OhNOES!!!! Shocked Was it because of Rat's Nest--er, Hiro? Because I can't for the life of me think it'd be Shun's fault. Sweat

OT: MR. BRAIN on my mind. Beaten I think the most fun I have each episode is when Van Halen urges me to "JUMP!!!" during the opening and end credits. w00t! Heh. Overall, not bad for a slick, soulless police procedural, but not particularly memorable either--despite Kimura's Mad Hatter character. I wish he were more abnormal (lol) and nutty and all that, instead of playing a half-cooked egg...head. Mr Green Really, he and Professor Galileo ought to team up and fight crime while discussing the finer points of... neurophysics. Should be a ratings monster, that one. Twisted

@ EstherM: You didn't like PURAIDO??? Fo' realz??? *sobs quietly into No. 9 jersey* Shameful Cry ...Not even with Queen's Greatest Hits playing every other scene? hehe

Last edited by Ender's Girl on Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1127, 1128, 1129 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1128 of 1375

Jump to: