jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
JDramas not worth watching
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sadacori wrote:

That sounds more like that other Ueno Juri drama where she marries Oda Yuji, who used to date her mother. It's so horrible that I can't remember the name, which is too bad because on paper, it sounded like it could've been a good drama.
    Tnat would be Jodan Janai, which I've never seen and have no intention of seeing.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sadacori wrote:
That sounds more like that other Ueno Juri drama where she marries Oda Yuji, who used to date her mother. It's so horrible that I can't remember the name, which is too bad because on paper, it sounded like it could've been a good drama. I just wish they never went for the silly comedy angle. I hope it can be remade into a more serious drama and with better / less irritating actors.

That would be Jodan ja Nai!.

The comedy angle could've worked if they handled the story and characters with more intelligence: all Juri-chan was asked to do is be cute and pout a lot and all Oda Yuji did was be dumb and mug his way all through the drama... Shake Head

What a waste of acting talent.
marspeach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Buzzer Beat belongs on the list, unless you're a super fan of Yamapi.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is FUN. Why didn't I see this earlier? Bonk

slashersam016 wrote:
Kame is one of the reason also why i didnt like Gokusen 2.. bleh

Lol, Kame was the only reason I finished G2. Naughty

Wynter wrote:
@Keps: I thought Nobuta wo Produce was brilliant. There were so many layers and so much depth. It's about questioning and understanding the idea of "friendship". But this is just my opinion... Mr Green I didn't mind Kame in this drama at all.

I totally second this. For me, it wasn't an outstanding high school drama. It was an outstanding drama, period. Applaud

Eve wrote:
I think that one can learn whose opinions are like your own over a few reviews.
FOr example: A YAmapi fan will probably not like Beem's or AD's reviews. hehe

Lol, I like YamaPi, but always enjoy watching Messrs. beemer and A.D. drag the poor boy through the mire outside the city walls. mwahaha It's all good, baby. w00t!

OT:
ZETTAI KARESHI
KAMI NO SHIZUKU
HANA KIMI
ASUNARO HAKUSHO

...are all I can think of at the moment. Victory! Peace!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ender's Girl wrote:
Lol, Kame was the only reason I finished G2.

He was one of the many reasons why I didn't. bleh
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ender's Girl wrote:

Lol, I like YamaPi, but always enjoy watching Messrs. beemer and A.D. drag the poor boy through the mire outside the city walls. mwahaha It's all good, baby. w00t!

Haha Smile ^

I've been quite fortunate with the dramas i've seen: I tend to follow what other people recommend, so I haven't seen many stinkers. The worst i've seen would be Erai Tokoro ni Totsuide Shimatta!, even though it has Nakama Yukie in it. It was saved only by Hamada Mari and Matsuzaka Keiko.
toyotaku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lotto 6 de 3 oku senman en ateta otoko

I love Sorimachi, but... stupid, stupid, stupid!

Innocent Love

Story could've been interesting, but writing was so uneven & the characters were the worst I'd want to follow through any story (with the exception of the brother and Subaru). It was like they gave the largest roles to those who can't act and those who can had relatively nothing to do by comparison. It was all creepy in a bad way, rewarding bad behaviors... as if stalking someone & going through their private things is something that's okay to do. All around ::shudder:: with this drama.

It's no wonder my beloved Toyohara went missing this year from drama after those two bombs the last half of last year. Nut
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

toyotaku wrote:
It's no wonder my beloved Toyohara went missing this year from drama after those two bombs the last half of last year. Nut

Oh him... I thought he looked familiar: the taskmaster piano teacher Eto "Harisen" Kozo from Nodame and the kooky, self-absorbed detective from the Jiko Keisatsu series... Smile
toyotaku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Oh him... I thought he looked familiar: the taskmaster piano teacher Eto "Harisen" Kozo from Nodame and the kooky, self-absorbed detective from the Jiko Keisatsu series... Smile

Yeah, that'd be him. Smile Also the crazy Sakurai Kazuya in Densha otoko, who's determined to take "Hermes" away from Densha.

He has a great comic sense, but he's equally good at the serious stuff. I'm really hoping I get the chance to watch News sokuho wa nagareta starting next month, the only television drama he's done for the year and the first original series for Fuji TV's NEXT channel.

We have to take the bad with the good, I guess.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

toyotaku wrote:
We have to take the bad with the good, I guess.

Yup... Just like all things. Smile
sadacori

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ender's Girl wrote:
OT:
ZETTAI KARESHI
KAMI NO SHIZUKU
HANA KIMI
ASUNARO HAKUSHO

...are all I can think of at the moment. Victory! Peace!

Are there any reasons why you disliked those dramas? I love reading your snarky reviews, so I think this would be entertaining. Mr Green

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
Eve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sadacori wrote:

Are there any reasons why you disliked those dramas? I love reading your snarky reviews, so I think this would be entertaining. Mr Green

Yes, please, ENder's Girl. Bow hehe

OT: Friends with Fukaka and that cute Won Bin. Victory! Peace!

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
Ender's Girl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sadacori wrote:

Eve wrote:
Yes, please, ENder's Girl. Bow hehe

Snarky? Who's snarky? Head Scratch Sweat hehe

Yosh, since you asked for them... Naughty *digs deep* (lol)

Why ZETTAI KARESHI?
Three robots in a love triangle. 'Nuff said. Twisted

Why KAMI NO SHIZUKU?
Hahahahahahahahahaa *takes deep breath* Hahahahahahahhahahha!!!!! Come, let's toast to pretentious, coma-inducing story lines and an endless parade of useless wine industry terminology and trivia! Drunk Let's toast to THE ditziest, most retarded heroine in Jdoramaland! Let's toast to Kame not even trying to look like he gives a cr@p about vintage and bouquet and decanting! Man, this drama is so bad it'll make you swear off alcohol for the rest of your life. *cries bitterly into a tankard of carbonated water* Oh Crap The only thing that ever gets thoroughly "fermented" is the viewer's brain. bleh How did this drama even rate 6%? It didn't deserve 0.005%. mwahaha

Why HANA KIMI?
Because Horikita Maki is a failure. Tired
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_48721_7335.htm

Why ASUNARO HAKUSHO?
http://jdorama.com/drama.33.htm (review #14 Bleah)

And might I add LONG LOVE LETTER...
Wow. I never felt so bamboozled by a J-drama's title. Where is the "love" here? You call the thing between Tokiwa Takako and that... unnatural man, love? And what "letter"? I waited till the end! What letter??? Cursing And as for "long," oh it's long all right, because the tedium. just. won't. end. Drooling They should've renamed this "Long Nuclear Fallout," or "The World Will End in 2012" to be more on-theme. U Suck
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ender's Girl wrote:
Why ZETTAI KARESHI?

Robots are people too! Beaten rofl

Ender's Girl wrote:
Why HANA KIMI?

Yow. Sweat

Beware of dark alleys and have your shields on max. Beaten
sadacori

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ender's Girl wrote:
Why ZETTAI KARESHI?

I was going to say that there was only one robot (or two, to be exact), but then I realized that you were talking about the acting. I enjoyed that drama, but that comment was too funny. rofl

Quote:
Why HANA KIMI?
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_48721_7335.htm

I'm not a fan of hers either; don't get her appeal at all. I did kinda like this drama though. Mostly for the "gay" guy Nakatsu, iirc. Mr Green

Quote:
And might I add LONG LOVE LETTER...
Wow. I never felt so bamboozled by a J-drama's title. Where is the "love" here? You call the thing between Tokiwa Takako and that... unnatural man, love? And what "letter"? I waited till the end! What letter??? Cursing And as for "long," oh it's long all right, because the tedium. just. won't. end. Drooling They should've renamed this "Long Nuclear Fallout," or "The World Will End in 2012" to be more on-theme. U Suck

I think that there was a letter somewhere in this drama, but it's been several years since i've seen it. I think the title is misleading too. Maybe there is some ~hidden~ or ~deep~ meaning to it. I enjoyed it, but it's not something I'd want to watch again.

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
marspeach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, Zettai Kareshi had its cute points but it could get tedious especially since I think the subplot that got the most screen time was the cream puffs...

Long Love Letter- I do believe there was a letter at the end and I think someone mentioned the words "love letter" but I'm not sure. I liked it that show quite a bit, actually.

And Hana Kimi was awesome for it's crazy funny factor! It probably wouldn't have worked without Ikuta Toma as Nakatsu though. Maki and surprisingly Oguri Shun were horribly dull, but the supporting characters made up for it.

Kami no Shizuku I agree with though. I actually watched the first episode all the way through, but the rest....

Hmm, other bad dramas-
Ghost Friends- watched one ep and it was too stupid to watch more.
4 Shimai Tantei Dan- It sounded like a cute premise but it was so incredibly stupid.
QED- Ditto 4 shimai but actually worse, if that's even possible.
Gokusen 2 and then 3- Descended further and further into crap
Yukan Club- Almost forgot this one! I actually watched the whole thing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Sailorfuku to Kikanju :http://www.jdorama.com/drama_1033.htm

Hopefully that's because almost nobody has ever seen it. Nagasawa as a machine gun toting yakuza. I'd love to have been at the meeting when this was pitched and somebody said, "Yeah, that's a great idea!" Beat You
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Can't believe nobody's mentioned Sailorfuku to Kikanju

Maybe people were trying to avoid the obvious and/or erase it from memory. Beaten

Oh, add Joshi Deka! to the list... Thoroughly disappointing Nakama Yukie drama on par with all the Gokusen sequels... Total dreck. bleh
Madoka

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Oh, add Joshi Deka! to the list... Thoroughly disappointing Nakama Yukie drama on par with all the Gokusen sequels... Total dreck. bleh

Man, I just downloaded that too....
marspeach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Maybe people were trying to avoid the obvious and/or erase it from memory. Beaten

I thought it wasn't horrible. Not good by any means, but not on the worst list. Maybe it's because Yukan Club, which I was also watching at the time, was just so unbelievably BAAAAAD it looked better by comparison.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 25 of 27

Jump to: