jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
GIFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anyone have watch this drama. Cast : Takuya Kimura

About he lost his memory.

What do you guys think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quite a long & draggy drama. Quite a dark movie. Only recommend to those who are die hard Takuya fans.
aida11sg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like Gift. Its format is somewhat like Hero, where every episode tells you a different story, except that with every episode he gets closer to finding out his identity.

There are funny and hilarious characters in the drama, so it sort of balance the "dark" aspect of the drama. His boss is hilarious - what with the weird make-up and all. And that pest of a girl who is keen on him. Many weird strange characters.....

Oh by the way, Takuya looks cool cycling his bike wearing a suit!!!
SonicCycle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takuya is the greatest.. yeah for i'm his fan..
but really, you can get his coolest side in GIFT. somewhat like HERO.. but then, he is like a gangster who is soo determined in his job.. great for watching...
mldesu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello michi, nice to meet you.

gift is good drama. every episode has a human story to tell and takuya's character is like the messenger or the watcher who brings good in his own way to their lives and influences it in some way or other.

the parallel story which is nicely built into the episodes, is the story of takuya playing two sides of the same guy, hayasaka yukio and mizoguchi takehiro, basically the good and bad in the same person, in search as aida11sg says of his real identity after he suffers amnesia from a near death episode.

what makes this drama great is the all round good acting and script. muroi shigeru san as his wacky boss deserves mention for her memorable portrayal.

though the drama looks a little dated, takuya on his mountain mike, gucci(if i remember right) suit and long flowing locks is as current as ever. in fact, takuya did a marvellous job of making gift a memorable drama for he was equally convincing playing the heartful workaholic yukio and the violent gangster with a heart takehiro.

recommended for anyone who enjoys a good drama.

ml

Ayu

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:15 am    Post subject: GIFT Reply with quote Back to top

from that i know all of doramas kimutaku is great. i already see LV, BEAUTIFUL LIFE, LOVE GENERATION AND HERO and all that dorama is great.

how about "GIFT" one of dorama from kimutaku, i am not yet see that dorama. can you all tell me about 'gift" to me?? that dorama hight recommended to watch or not??
Michi

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sorry to say but its soooo boring, better spend ur money on something else >.< i couldnt even finish the first eps., i've sold mine anyway... Rolling eyes

but i dunno bout u.. maybe u gonna like tat kind of show..
oh well, no offends tho... its just me.. Mr Green

Last edited by Michi on Fri May 30, 2003 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oOOo

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

watched the Gift... it's an ok show... kinda dark... not his typical kind of drama... can't really say that i liked it... but i don't hate it as well... so sorry... not much of a help here... but his acting is good still...
i guess it really depends on the individual, cos' the storyline is kinda unconventional...
juliana_phang

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

erm..
well...i'm gonna say the same thing as others have told u..
not worth watching..though i'm a big fan of kimutaku...
i hate the beginning...
it's..damn crappy...
Crazy
n kimutaku looks weird here...

it all depends..whether do u have extra money to spend...$$$$
Lovey Eyes
i laid my hands on this drama...
n i did watched the whole drama..
wanted to sell it..
but in the end decided to keep it as collection

Wink

Last edited by juliana_phang on Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
takuya_angel

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i love Kimura alot! To me, all his dramas is worth the watch coz of his excellent acting. I won't relate to "Oh, it's not a love story...guess it'll be boring."
I dunno, i'm just an ardent fan of Takuya. But if you're not, then pls do think twice abt it. Wink
SYILA78

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

w00t! minna,

i like yukio character. sugoi ja. he really look kakkoi Lovey Eyes & kawaii ne. Smitten . the story is similar to hero but this jdrama more to find his true identity in each episode. no girlfriend is needed in this drama. hehe very sexy too. rofl no one can ride a bicycle wearing a coat kakkoi as kimurakun.
Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think this drama is quite OK.. Takuya's good here... But i was hoping for something more for the ending... But overall is OK though..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love TK in the Gucci suits. But, his female boss... she is a little too loud for me. Overall, a humourous and engaging drama.
SYILA78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maine wrote:
I love TK in the Gucci suits. But, his female boss... she is a little too loud for me. Overall, a humourous and engaging drama.

quite agree wif u, love 2 see tk in that suit. look so kakkoi ja Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno why more people haven't commented on this drama. Head Scratch

It's one of my favorites of his, if there's such a thing as an "underrated" Kimtaku drama, this would be it.
brad2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Gift Reply with quote Back to top

First time I came across this thread. I loved the drama 'GIFT'. I adore Takuya if he just stands still, so seeing him racing around on a bike and wearing those Italian suits is a joy. I like him especially with his hair tied back and then you could see his expressions so easily. I like the story with the different people that he was trying to help or straighten out in some way. His own story was harder to get into of course but I liked the way it ended. You knew he was going to stay with a more normal life and eventually be successful.

I can never understand why anyone says that all Kimura dramas are alike and that he acts the same in every drama. Even if the drama has a similar direction Kimura himself is a different character. The thing that makes it seem the same is Kimura himself, who has the star quality which happens to those actors in any country who have a tremendous personality appeal.. They are all still good actors and Kimura is a fine actor.
Ppeople want to see their favourite actors in any film and that is why you go to see the big Hollywood or English or Italian stars no matter what role they are playing.

Well I know what I mean but I get frustrated with those who say Kimura does the same role all the time. He just does not do that.

Peg
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gift Reply with quote Back to top

brad2 wrote:

Well I know what I mean but I get frustrated with those who say Kimura does the same role all the time. He just does not do that.
    Anytime I hear people say that, I think to myself, "Obviously, they've never seen Sora Kara"
brad2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gajinmark

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sora Kara is not like

Pride is not like

Change is not like

Grand Family is not like

Mr.Brain which is not like anything else he has done. Each time he is Kimura Takuya playing a new role... But he is still Kimura the star which is why he is so popular and so big in Japanese drama and film.

Brad Pitt playing 'JOE BLACK' clpse to the bone character when he was almost just himself with blond hair as a prop. He is always Brad Pitt and always leaves me cold incidentally. But it us always a new character however well or badly it is presented.
You can say the same of Tom whatsisname. sorry can't think... but I am also left cold where he is concerned. But he is defintely a star of top magnitude. Just wish he would not pretend to have knowledge of Japanese history. Shake Head Shake Head

I'll cool down with a cup of tea now.

Peg
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway, back on topic: Gift has such a great cast. Mitusko Baisho as the cop, Satomi Kobayashi as the "fortune teller" and a young Ryoko Shinohara great as the airhead hooker. Applaud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: