jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Shomuni
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AD is watching this right now, so wanted to revive this thread.
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
AD is watching this right now, so wanted to revive this thread.

Thanks GM Smile I'm loving it too Smile
Wynter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anime Dad wrote:

Thanks GM Smile I'm loving it too Smile

FINALLY!

I LOVED Shomuni. All three of them. I watched them back to back and STILL wanted more. Shameful Cry

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AD, I missed it when you posted which episode you were watching, but episode 5 of Shomuni when Tsukuhara's father shows up might be my favorite of all 3 series. That is one of the best versions of "mistaken-identity-comedy-of-errors" I've ever seen. Applaud
Anime Dad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
AD, I missed it when you posted which episode you were watching, but episode 5 of Shomuni when Tsukuhara's father shows up might be my favorite of all 3 series. That is one of the best versions of "mistaken-identity-comedy-of-errors" I've ever seen. Applaud

Yeah, that was really funny Smile I'm up to ep. 10 now. The personalities of all the girls are really distinct now, and you know what to expect from them in each situation Smile
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She doesn't have a thread of her own, so I thought I'd put this here:

Mai Hosho retires

33-year-old actress Mai Hosho announced on her official website that she has retired from show business as of May 31. She explained that she wants to focus on living life as herself from now on, rather than spending her time acting out roles.

Hosho got her entertainment start as a teenager in 1993 when she won the grand prize of Young Jump's 3rd "All Japan High School Girl Uniform Collection." She made her acting debut that same year in the television drama series "Twins Kyoushi." About five years later, Hosho enjoyed a boost in popularity when she appeared in the hit series "Shomuni." In 2007, she married a graphic designer.
runpup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/runpup/Esumi-Makiko-1450.jpg

The Cutest Girl in the World!
runpup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 Shomuni specials (Shinshun/New Years Special (SP2) & Forever Special (SP3)) are available here:

http://community.livejournal.com/rare_doramas/6318.html#cutid1

The Cutest Girl in the World!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like they're bringing "Shomuni" back. But with none of the originals save Esumi: http://asianwiki.com/Power_Office_Girls_4
EstherM

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmmh, on the plus side Ando Sakura, on the minus side Becky (I don't mind her as an tarento but acting is not her forte) ...
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ She could be a deal-breaker for me.

This sounds like the writers were sitting around devoid of any ideas and somebody said, "You know that GTO remake did pretty well last year." And the rest is history, , , Shake Head

I also don't like no mention of Naho Toda. Half the fun of 'Shomuni' was watching Esumi and Toda go at it. Without her would be like trying to watch 'Downtown' with just Hamada and no Matsumoto.
EstherM

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good point about Toda.
Oh well, if it's a dud, we can still re-watch the orignal three!
WD

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, apparently this one won't be a remake.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some more on this year's 'Shomuni':

This summer Fuji TV is going to bring back the popular drama 'Shomuni' with a new season in 10 years. Speaking of 'Shomuni', the first thing that come to mind are actress Esumi Makiko as the protagonist and the classic office lady (OL) outfits. Fortunately, none of those two are being changed in the fourth season.

However, Esumi is being supported by a completely new cast this time. The other office ladies who are now working in the General Administration Section 2 (GA-) of 'Manpan Corporation' are played by Becky, Honda Tsubasa, Ando Sakura, Mori Kanna, and Horiuchi Keiko. Esumi's character 'Tsuboi Chinatsu' left Manpan Corporation after the third season that aired in 2002, but now something causes her to go back to Manpan Corporation. The new season starts with her return to the company.

The office uniforms are almost exactly the same as previous seasons, a white blouse, blue vest, and tight mini-skirt, but Esumi revealed that there is a slight difference. She said, "It was a really strange and happy sensation when I put on this outfit again. A lot of time has passed since the last time I've worn this uniform, so we had to make a slight adjustment. The skirt is now 2~3 centimeters (0.78"-1.2") longer than before. That's still pretty short, though."

Other new characters in the fourth season are played by Miura Shohei, Katase Nana, Yasuda Ken, and Suzuki Kosuke.

'Shomuni 2013' is premiering on Fuji TV on July 10th.

Source: Mantan-Web, Fuji TV

I'm guessing that Katase will be taking over Naho Toda's old role.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

I'm guessing that Katase will be taking over Naho Toda's old role.

And she is. Just watched the first episode. Better than I expected. There's no way they can measure up to the original but it wasn't the disaster I thought it might be. The writers' hearts are in the right place, they're trying to keep in the spirit of the original.

Takahashi Katsumi is still in charge of personnel and it looks like Leo Morimoto is the head security guard now. They brought back the original girls for some of the first episode but I don't think they'll be sticking around. Anyway, good enough to keep watching for the time being. Fingers crossed
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 2 of '2013' was Becky's. Same formula as previous 'Shomuni's', MANPAN Inc. gets itself in a bind and the girls of GA2 bail them out.

No Leo Morimoto or Katsumi Takahashi in this episode though. Head Scratch
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
Mmmmh, on the plus side Ando Sakura

Just finished episode 4 and her character seems to be the best of the new Shomuni cast. Episode 4 was an improvement over episode 3, I don't know if the writings getting better or I'm getting used to the characters.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished '2013'. Not bad at all. It looks like the ratings went steadily downhill. I'm suspecting that's because people wanted it to be like the original which is unrealistic because except for Esumi it's an entirely different cast. Kind of like expecting a solo album by one of the Beatles to be as good as something they did together. I thought Ando Sakura was the best of the new girls, not to mention her psychic turtle Constantine. hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: