jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
JDrama Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 292, 293, 294  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EstherM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: jdramas like Tokyo Friends Reply with quote Back to top

sable_starr wrote:
I just finished watching Tokyo Friends which I watched mostly because of Eita and didn't really expect much. But I ended up really liking it. I was wondering if anyone could recommend me other dramas like it?

Also Otsuka Ai is so damn adorable!

If you haven�Lt seen it: Orange Days. And Nana - the movie. There is a Nana 2 movie but it�Ls not that good.
Perhaps Love Shuffle could also fit the bill.
sable_starr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: jdramas like Tokyo Friends Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:

If you haven�Lt seen it: Orange Days. And Nana - the movie. There is a Nana 2 movie but it�Ls not that good.
Perhaps Love Shuffle could also fit the bill.

I've seen Nana (loved it and I love the manga as well!) but never finished Nana 2 as I didn't like the changes in cast and I didn't think it was as good either.
As for Orange Days and Love Shuffle, I'm dling them rn Smile
Thank you!
randomwalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Aibou Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend the "Aibou" series. No one seems to be into it except for Japanese people who live in Japan. I find this such a shame because I believe that this is one of the very few dramas worth watching in all aspects of a drama.
The story is about the partnership of two policemen who are basically outcasts of the police hierarchy. The balance between the peculiar genius and the passionate is just right. The story line is impeccable. It is flawless. It always cleverly adds romance, current events, and problems of society as each mystery is solved. Everything is very realistic. If you are sick of those current Japanese dramas that are just full of corny humour, and glamorizes the wrong parts of society. If you just hate all the flimsy plots that makes you feel like you are watching something pointless. Well here is a perfect drama for you. The music, humour and plot line is interesting. The cast isnt just about the ones that are popular and young. Its the right people playing the right parts. Its not about trend, its about true entertainment.
sable_starr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Aibou Reply with quote Back to top

randomwalker wrote:
I recommend the "Aibou" series. No one seems to be into it except for Japanese people who live in Japan. I find this such a shame because I believe that this is one of the very few dramas worth watching in all aspects of a drama.
The story is about the partnership of two policemen who are basically outcasts of the police hierarchy. The balance between the peculiar genius and the passionate is just right. The story line is impeccable. It is flawless. It always cleverly adds romance, current events, and problems of society as each mystery is solved. Everything is very realistic. If you are sick of those current Japanese dramas that are just full of corny humour, and glamorizes the wrong parts of society. If you just hate all the flimsy plots that makes you feel like you are watching something pointless. Well here is a perfect drama for you. The music, humour and plot line is interesting. The cast isnt just about the ones that are popular and young. Its the right people playing the right parts. Its not about trend, its about true entertainment.

That sounds like something I'd love but there doesn't seem to be any subs for it though Sad
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Aibou Reply with quote Back to top

sable_starr wrote:
That sounds like something I'd love but there doesn't seem to be any subs for it though Sad

Yeah, without the subs, it's harder to have an audience outside of Japan. Sweat
KAZdoramma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I reccomend JIN..really good and real impressed Applaud

Last edited by KAZdoramma on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAZdoramma wrote:
DEBATING whether to have a go with this one??

Check out the first episode or two and see what you think. Smile
KAZdoramma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Check out the first episode or two and see what you think. Smile

nice cheers buddy Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Aibou Reply with quote Back to top

randomwalker wrote:

I agree with everything you wrote. Like American TV, Japanese TV has produced tons of cop/detective shows over the decades. In this century, Aibou imo has clearly been head and shoulders, legs and feet above any of the other Japanese shows of this particular genre. Posters have lauded a number of cop/detective shows that have been produced in recent years, but having seen many of them (or at least attempted to see many of them), none come remotely close to the quality of Aibou, both in terms of the scripts as well as the cast. Re: cast--all of the recurring characters are played by veteran real honest-to-goodness actors and actresses, not the current flavor of the month or fangirl/fanboy favorites or CM queens or well known actors and actresses whose fans mistakenly believe popularity and talent necessarily mean the same thing. Aibou, which I believe is in its eighth season, is fortunately a recurring dorama which is bucking this wretched trend. Even the frequent guest stars who appear--many of them familiar faces to dorama audiences--are quality actors, both younger and older, and are given solid scripts to work with. It's a show that effectively combines seriousness with comedy, dark themes with lighthearted fun.

Btw, Aibou is shown on KIKU in Hawaii.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Aibou Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:
Btw, Aibou is shown on KIKU in Hawaii.

If that's the case, it's probably hardsubbed, huh?
alexgamerz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAZdoramma wrote:
I reccomend JIN..really good and real impressed Applaud

Are there subs for JIN, I was kinda interested in this and have not been able to find any. ty
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Aibou Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

If that's the case, it's probably hardsubbed, huh?

18.2 is showing Aibou 2 on Thursday nights (up to epi 18 right now) and Aibou1 on Friday nights, I think its up to epi 10 or 11.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

alexgamerz wrote:
Are there subs for JIN, I was kinda interested in this and have not been able to find any. ty

Have you checked D-Addicts?

JIN appears to be one of the more popular dramas this season, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone is fansubbing it. Smile

Last edited by bmwracer on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
minineko

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I created a thread to ask for recommendations but i hadn't noticed that this thread had already been created for this. Sorry!
So i'll copy/past my previous post here:

Quote:
I was wondering, Japanese people create so much manga's filled with fantasy, paranormal, magic, mythical creatures, but i can't find any drama with real actors of the same kind, does it exist? If it does, do you know of any? Any dramas of this kind worth recommending me to watch? I'd really love to watch a fantasy drama, it's so rare!
sable_starr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

alexgamerz wrote:

Yup JIN is being softsubbed by Heiwa Fansubs.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sable_starr wrote:
Yup JIN is being softsubbed by Heiwa Fansubs.

D-Addicts link: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_79012.htm Smile

Last edited by bmwracer on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
sable_starr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

minineko wrote:
I created a thread to ask for recommendations but i hadn't noticed that this thread had already been created for this. Sorry!
So i'll copy/past my previous post here:

Quote:
I was wondering, Japanese people create so much manga's filled with fantasy, paranormal, magic, mythical creatures, but i can't find any drama with real actors of the same kind, does it exist? If it does, do you know of any? Any dramas of this kind worth recommending me to watch? I'd really love to watch a fantasy drama, it's so rare!

JIN is a bit sci-fi and maybe try Othrus no Inu.
sable_starr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

D-Addicts link: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_79012.htm Smile

Thanks I couldn't find the d-addicts link Big Grin
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sable_starr wrote:
Thanks I couldn't find the d-addicts link Big Grin

Glad to help. Victory! Peace!
alexgamerz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you stable_starr and bmwracer very much w00t!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
Page 244 of 294

Jump to: