jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Nobuta wo Produce
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orientalcind4rella

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kawaii!! xDxD
love yamapi and maki in it w00t!
chokakoi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Recently I started watching all the highly raved dramas which my frens recommended.. and Nobuta was one of it..

Not bad.. enjoyed it.. but wouldn't say it was very very good... certain parts did bored me a little.. but overall it was not bad..
littlelamb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think is one of the best jdoramas i�Lve ever seen i love yamapi he is so cute, specially with his -KON-!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Signature deleted.

Please read the Posting Guidelines.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to comment on why I liked this drama: The thing that impressed me the most was Nobuta. In most of these "bullying" dramas, the character that's being bullied is usually portrayed as weak or defenseless but that wasn't the case here.
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:
Also, Nobuta's appearance doesn't really change. She cuts her hair but thats about it. In a lot of dramas, the character would have gone from ugly duckling to princess but they didn't do that. Physically, she looks about the same. She still walks with her head down, etc.
Which means the big change for Nobuta is an internal one not an external one.
    All in all, I liked this drama a lot.
    xploring

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
    Just wanted to comment on why I liked this drama: The thing that impressed me the most was Nobuta. In most of these "bullying" dramas, the character that's being bullied is usually portrayed as weak or defenseless but that wasn't the case here.

I never thought of that. The first thing that drew my attention was probably Nobuta telling Shuji and Akira about how she doesn't believe in anyone. Even though her lines felt more like background explanation rather than the character talking, the way Maki said it expressed everything about someone in that mindset. The whole bike riding after the tree really moved me too, and finally it was thought-provoking at the end of the first episode when Nobuta reversed her earlier wish.

I never understood most of the subplot with the teachers though. And there are so many points which made me think. I like that Nobuta's appearance didn't really change too.
    wildnation.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I checked out DramaCrazy and MySoju (two sites that offer full length dramas/movies) but all the videos are broken for "Nobuta wo Produce." Anyone know where I can watch this? =/
    bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wildnation. wrote:
    I checked out DramaCrazy and MySoju (two sites that offer full length dramas/movies) but all the videos are broken for "Nobuta wo Produce." Anyone know where I can watch this? =/

DailyMotion, maybe?
    HHND

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last time I checked, veoh works fine, just type in nobuta wo produce and you should get a full list of vids.
    ocha4ever

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i was not enjoying 1st-3rd episodes...they were not get me at all... Nut
    but i get stick on it until the last one and i enjoy it...
    maki was so great,,her cast was so different, she can't smile here--compare it with Hana Kimi--

but i just hate the ending,,why did they have to be separated that way????
    can they just enjoy their friendship after what they did by producing nobuta... Crazy

i love the friendship that they make...sooo touching... Puppy Dog Eyes

i'd like to have "nobuta power" and the key chain (where can i find it????) LOL... hehe hehe

I am a Pig-Rabbit...Victory! Peace!�I�T
    View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
    HHND

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, it was necessary so that Nobuta learns to be independent. The ending was great, Shuuji finally was not as selfish as before, he wanted to stay with his friends but also realized his family needs him. A greater theme is that their friendship will remain unchanged no matter where they are. I almost cried at the scene where Nobuta looked up at the sky, and on the other end of the shore Shuuji and Akira also looked up and saw a smiling cloud. I just didn't like how Akira also followed Shuuji. I think it would have made more sense if he stayed at the same school.

Awesome, awesome drama. Those who think dramas with 8x JE guys are not serious should seriously watch Nobuta wo Produce, it's no where close to an "idol" drama. The fact that it won best drama of the season (as well as best actor, supporting actress, directing, script, and such) over Hana Yori Dango I and 1 litre of tears says a lot about NwP.
    Ender's Girl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HHND wrote:
    In my opinion, it was necessary so that Nobuta learns to be independent. The ending was great, Shuuji finally was not as selfish as before, he wanted to stay with his friends but also realized his family needs him. A greater theme is that their friendship will remain unchanged no matter where they are. I almost cried at the scene where Nobuta looked up at the sky, and on the other end of the shore Shuuji and Akira also looked up and saw a smiling cloud. I just didn't like how Akira also followed Shuuji. I think it would have made more sense if he stayed at the same school.

Awesome, awesome drama. Those who think dramas with 8x JE guys are not serious should seriously watch Nobuta wo Produce, it's no where close to an "idol" drama. The fact that it won best drama of the season (as well as best actor, supporting actress, directing, script, and such) over Hana Yori Dango I and 1 litre of tears says a lot about NwP.

I'm with you. Loved this drama to pieces. Yeah The ending was bittersweet, but yeah--necessary. By the end, all three had grown up a little, and it was really their friendship that saw them through the pain and awkwardness of adolescence. I love how that strange, unexpected friendship changed all three of them for the better, and helped them face the reality of life. After all, growing up is about taking responsibility and learning to put other people first. Even Akira learned to take stock of his own life (a dime on the street! a dime on the street! lol).

Lol, that last episode made me flat-out lose it, period. Cried like crazy. Shameful Cry
    But I loved that little moment (as I did so many other little moments that made this drama such a winner), because more than anything it proved that what they had was REAL. Thumbsup

I didn't even feel that this was an "Idol drama" in any way. Rolling eyes All I saw were three regular high school kids in a moving coming-of-age story. It's easy to dismiss this as "the drama with those two frontmen from KAT-TUN and NEWS, ickers!" but the performances worked for me here. Either their characters suited their personalities and acting capabilities, or vice versa--still, it all worked out. Wink I'm well aware of YamaPi's limitations as a "thespian," lol mwahaha (though I'm terribly fond of the boy hehe), but Akira was the role that suited him best, IMHO. (And that's after having seen 6 dramas, an SP and a movie. Beaten) Kame's Shuuji was muy simpatico (bye-bicycle! w00t!), and as for Maki, I have yet to see more of her work--but I thought she was perfect for Nobuta.

gaijinmark wrote:

Which means the big change for Nobuta is an internal one not an external one.

Agree with you 110%! Applaud

Well, I'm glad NOBUTA WO PRODUCE bagged those awards (for whatever TV drama awards are really worth, lol), they were well-deserved. Good I was really impressed with the direction and production values, and the writing both warms and pierces your heart. I only started watching J-dramas this year (and believe me, I've been making up for lost time Mr Green), but few other J-dramas have touched me the way this one did.

But the theme song Seishun Amigo didn't suit the drama the least, IMHO (Latin music? WTF??? Die Laughing), but damn it's catchy. Won't leave my brain and all. Oh Crap

Kon Kon! Victory! Peace!
    alexgamerz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So i downloaded this with the [Kioku] hard subs. I later found out that SARS hosts a [Mognet] hard subbed version. Which of these two are better and if there is a difference how big is it. tyvm looking forward to watching this
    yebisu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tomohisa's performance was actually..... good

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yebisu wrote:
    hehe "konkon" Mr Green

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yebisu wrote:

and i have been waiting for that kind of performance from him since!!! he almost had it in Buzzer Beat..........almost..........
    alexgamerz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

alexgamerz wrote:
    So i downloaded this with the [Kioku] hard subs. I later found out that SARS hosts a [Mognet] hard subbed version. Which of these two are better and if there is a difference how big is it. tyvm looking forward to watching this

Sorry, I don't mean to bug, but does anyone know which fansub is better, and by how much? tyvm
    chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

resurfaced!!!!
    EstherM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

alexgamerz wrote:

Sorry, I don't mean to bug, but does anyone know which fansub is better, and by how much? tyvm

Well, SARS subs are always excellent. I own the Kioku subs of NwP so can't say which ones are better but I thought the Kioku subs were good. I'd stick to that.

Mind you - I am not fuzzy when it comes to subs - beggars can't be choosers.
    alexgamerz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:

Well, SARS subs are always excellent. I own the Kioku subs of NwP so can't say which ones are better but I thought the Kioku subs were good. I'd stick to that.

Mind you - I am not fuzzy when it comes to subs - beggars can't be choosers.

alright, i had already downloaded the Kioku ones so i'm glad they're good, and the others are only hosted by SARS not actually made by them, though I am sire they are still good quality I will stick to the ones I already have Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 122, 123, 124  Next
    Page 123 of 124

Jump to: