jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Cars and other kinds of motoring gibberish
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 248, 249, 250  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
That doughnut shit is so ridiculous.

Yup. What a waste of rubber.......

bmwracer wrote:
I saw some fool on TV trying to do doughnuts with his Bimmer and smacked it into another car. Freaking moron.

hehe hehe hehe

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where's KouSeiya at?? Time for another lesson....

About cars. Get your minds outta the gutter. hehe
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Get your minds outta the gutter. hehe

Can't. Mine's always been in there! Beaten

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Where's KouSeiya at?? Time for another lesson....

About cars. Get your minds outta the gutter. hehe

Iru yo. Mr Green Sheezus, my mind's in the gutter and I didn't think of that till ya said something. hehe
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KouSeiya315 wrote:
Sheezus, my mind's in the gutter

It's nice to see a woman who thinks dirty too! hehe Mr Green

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KouSeiya315 wrote:
Iru yo. Mr Green Sheezus, my mind's in the gutter and I didn't think of that till ya said something. hehe

Uh oh. That means my mind's in the gutter as well. Sweat
KouSeiya315

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:

It's nice to see a woman who thinks dirty too! hehe Mr Green

LOL, would you expect anything less? This is me we're talkin' 'bout here Mr Green

bmwracer wrote:
Uh oh. That means my mind's in the gutter as well.

Hehehehe, it's all good. So is this where the car lessons will be now? Wink I forgot where they were before Crazy Brakes are getting worse by the way Shake Head I finally have to take her in to be checked.... Cry
eightysix

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awww, just having a little fun once in a great while. You guys are party poopers. Sad

Oh yeah, gotta wash the car tommorow. No problem with that, I just don't wanna vaccum inside. That's the part I hate. hehe
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eightysix wrote:
Awww, just having a little fun once in a great while. You guys are party poopers. Sad

Sorry man. I guess that's what happens when you become an old fut like us! Beaten

eightysix wrote:
Oh yeah, gotta wash the car tommorow. No problem with that, I just don't wanna vaccum inside. That's the part I hate. hehe
Go to the beach a lot?
Sand in the car is my ultimate peeve! Mad

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KouSeiya315 wrote:
Hehehehe, it's all good. So is this where the car lessons will be now? Wink

Yessiree, thanks to Aho. Applaud

Quote:
I forgot where they were before Crazy Brakes are getting worse by the way Shake Head I finally have to take her in to be checked.... Cry

Worse? How so? Brake squeal? Poor braking?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eightysix wrote:

Gomen. The joys of youth. Smile

Quote:

How come? Seems rather inocuous.
KouSeiya315

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Worse? How so? Brake squeal? Poor braking?

Well, the front wheels are squealing as I'm driving, and the sound was suppressed a lot when I actually hit the brake, now the squealing isn't suppressed as much when I brake. Before it seemed to be just the front right wheel making noise, now it's both the front wheels and the squealing is pretty much constant (not when I'm in idle, of course). If I release the brake and just inch up, it still makes that damn sound Mad

The brakes feel ok to me under normal circumstances, but the other day I had to make a sudden stop and it took longer to get to a complete stop. I actually have no idea what this is, but I assume I need to take it in to have the brakes checked, I'm due for an oil change anyway. Crazy

Damn....why don't I know more about cars???? Cry They need to teach this crap in school instead of art classes, for people like me!! Beaten I know several people who don't even know how to check their fluids, but I feel like an idiot, lol.
Mr.ChoyBoi

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of cars do you all drive?... I personally drive a '89 Honda CRX Si... hehe
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:
What kind of cars do you all drive?... I personally drive a '89 Honda CRX Si... hehe

Had a '93 Civic.

It's now a Pepsi can.

Saving up for a BMW M-3. So I probably won't have a car until I'm about 57 1/2 or so. hehe

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:

Had a '93 Civic.

It's now a Pepsi can.

Saving up for a BMW M-3. So I probably won't have a car until I'm about 57 1/2 or so. hehe

ROFL... A pepsi can? can you elaborate?? hehe And your saving up for the new m3 or the old m3?
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:

ROFL... A pepsi can? can you elaborate?? hehe And your saving up for the new m3 or the old m3?

Y'know?!! A pepsi can. When you're done drinking it and make it ready to recycle.... hehe

As for the M-3. Ah, just wishful thinking. Beaten

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KouSeiya315 wrote:
Well, the front wheels are squealing as I'm driving, and the sound was suppressed a lot when I actually hit the brake, now the squealing isn't suppressed as much when I brake. Before it seemed to be just the front right wheel making noise, now it's both the front wheels and the squealing is pretty much constant (not when I'm in idle, of course). If I release the brake and just inch up, it still makes that damn sound Mad

Didja ever clean out the brake dust with the water hose? You haven't had the pads that long so it couldn't be that the pads are worn already. The other possibility is that the pads aren't retracting back enough during normal driving, so they're in constant contact with the rotors and you get the squeal... The brake pads usually have these guides that they slide on and if they get gunked up and/or don't have enough lubrication, they stick...

Quote:
The brakes feel ok to me under normal circumstances, but the other day I had to make a sudden stop and it took longer to get to a complete stop. I actually have no idea what this is, but I assume I need to take it in to have the brakes checked, I'm due for an oil change anyway. Crazy

What were the cirumstances when you had the problem with stopping? Was it wet out? Had you been stepping on the brakes a lot before the sudden stop? Did the pedal feel soft or spongy when you braked hard?

Hopefully the service guy will ask these questions, if not, he'll make a blanket decision and change everything which might be unneccesary.

Quote:
Damn....why don't I know more about cars???? Cry They need to teach this crap in school instead of art classes, for people like me!! Beaten

Well, if you came out here to SoCal, I could put ya on my lift. Oh and the car, too. Rolling eyes

Quote:
I know several people who don't even know how to check their fluids, but I feel like an idiot, lol.

Read your manual. It's not that dry, I think. Smile
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:

I'm on my fifth BMW: a red '94 318is.

I wrecked the previous four.

The joys of youth. Rolling eyes
eightysix

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:

I drive a '92 Honda Civic Sedan. Come to think of it, all the cars in the family are Honda. Kinda weird for me cuz I'm a Toyota-head and I don't know jack about Honda. hehe
eightysix

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Gomen. The joys of youth.

Hehe, no problems. It's good to be young and inexperienced. Wink

bmwracer wrote:

How come? Seems rather inocuous.

Ah, that's because it gets rather dirty in my car cuz I put all the windows down in the car while I'm driving. And with that, random stuff like leaves and such find their way in. Especially these days when it's hot. I hate it cleaning the inside, but I can't stand my car being dirty. hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 248, 249, 250  Next
Page 3 of 250

Jump to: