jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (Flunk Punk Rumble)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
memory_moua

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (Flunk Punk Rumble) Reply with quote Back to top

i've watched the first and second ep ... and so far i like it. what really pisses me off is that kanata hongo is such a cocky little brat in this one. Bang Head
but either way he's really cute in his glasses. lol. i can't wait to see what happens next. lol. for sure he seems to like hana adachi. well i'll just have to keep watching to see what happens.
judochick

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (Flunk Punk Rumble) Reply with quote Back to top

memory_moua wrote:
i've watched the first and second ep ... and so far i like it. what really pisses me off is that kanata hongo is such a cocky little brat in this one. Bang Head

is kanata hongo the guy who plays izumi?
if he is, then yeah, he's a cocky little brat.
i'm impressed by his acting skills. he has a lot of potential Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: Yankee-kun to Megane-chan (Flunk Punk Rumble) Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="judochick"]
i'm impressed by his acting skills. he has a lot of potential Victory! Peace![/quote]

yeah he does. it's a shock to know that he could actually act like a brat. didn't see that coming. i thought he was going to play his usual sweet, nice guy ... but this one took me by surprise.

i can't wait to see his other dramas in a the future though. yippee
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i believed Hongo-kun is streotyped with "oh so handsome heartrob material" school boy roles

just as Naka Riisa as the "bitchy type| school girl!! haha!

this reminds me of Gokusen, Esp Narimiya Hiroki is in it Victory! Peace!
memory_moua

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote]i believed Hongo-kun is streotyped with "oh so handsome heartrob material" school boy roles[/quote]

yeah but he does play the part great
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^
as always w00t!
catisneko

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi~ its my first time posting here... But I have been lurking for around 2 years. XDDDD

So yeah. I'm a big fan of the manga... and I was extremely delighted to find out about the live action...

and for this season.. this drama is like my guilty pleasure every week! LOL!

The actors are great! Their acting is even greater... and the theme is awesome!
There are some fans of the manga who may not like the writing since its not exactly like in the manga but the spirit is still there which I very much appreciate...

and I like how things are getting interpreted in this direction since it makes it really unpredictable despite having read the manga.

I think Hiroki & Riisa have great chemistry~ as Adachi & Shinagawa Love

and I enjoy Kanata as Izumi! He's so good at it! XDDDD
tabemonster

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really lovin' this one so far! It's been so long since I saw a good high school drama! It isn't spectacular, but Yankee-kun to Megane-chan is giving me similar vibes to Hana Kimi and Nobuta wo Produce so I'm super enjoying it. It's got that shounen let's-all-be-friends-and-do-our-best theme to it, which can be quite overbearing in most high school dramas but is nicely portrayed here.

I'm enjoying the characters a lot but I can't help but feel that Narimiya Hiroki is a miscast...he's just too old for the role. I think he's doing well portraying Shinagawa and I kind of doubt a younger character could make Shinagawa this likeable (I'm imagining someone like Miura Haruma in this role...I'd probably pass this drama right along if that were the case). But he's just so much older than his co-stars and it shows, so it makes for some awkwardness...I'm torn though, cause I don't know who could play this role otherwise. I heard Nishikido Ryo might've been originally cast for this role? Admittedly Ryo would probably look more fitting to this role though he too is much older than the rest of the cast memebers, but he probably wouldn't do the Shinagawa character justice either.

Anyway, it'e been a couple of seasons now since I've been anticipating the weekly release of a drama and Yankee-kun to Megane-chan is that drama for me Smile

Oh yeah, just want to chime in about Kanata Hongo. I think he's cute but he needs to eat! Such a skinny fellow. His character was so slimy in the fourth episode, pleck! But I liked how everything worked out. I've never read the manga but is anyone shipping Izumi and Adachi like me?

Naka Riisa is sooo pretty too!
xploring

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am enjoying this too. It's just fun to watch. Smile I am looking forward to it every week too.

I didn't find Narimiya Hiroki to be too old, he looked the part and didn't look out of place, although Kawaguchi Haruna obviously looked a lot younger than the others.
catisneko

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
I am enjoying this too. It's just fun to watch. Smile I am looking forward to it every week too.

I didn't find Narimiya Hiroki to be too old, he looked the part and didn't look out of place, although Kawaguchi Haruna obviously looked a lot younger than the others.

I completely agree with you.

I don't think that Hiroki is a miscast.. I actually think he is the perfect choice since its really difficult for me to imagine any other character as Shinagawa. XDDDD

But yeah.. Kawaguchi Haruna is obviously looked younger than the others. it was funny when I saw a video of her and Hiroki behind the scenes and she was telling him that she liked him ever since watching him from Orange Days and Hiroki asked her how old was she back then and then she answered she was 9. XDDD

The look on Hiroki's face is really funny. rofl

Last edited by catisneko on Wed May 26, 2010 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think ill be skipping this one already, since the plot is recycled anyway Grumble
tabemonster

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chibiladychoi wrote:
i think ill be skipping this one already, since the plot is recycled anyway Grumble

Well, like 3/4 of the dramas being produced these days are adaptations of mangas or novels anyway Nut
But I like YanMeg because it manages to be refreshing and enjoyable in spite of the plot Big Grin No doubt it's the same framework and set-up we've seen so many times already, and you can predict what's happening next pretty easily, but I think there is something earnest about this drama that gets to me. I also like Naka Riisa a lot; she may not be the best actress of her generation, but I always see a willingness to go all the way in her performance that I kind of admire.

I agree with xploring and catisneko about Hiroki. Great job so far and after episode 5, I don't consider him a miscast...but I still feel like he looks so much older than everyone else Sweat Maybe 'cause the last thing I saw him in was Halfway, in which he played the wise, older teacher...
catisneko

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chibiladychoi wrote:

Aww~ maybe you can skip waiting weekly... but when the series is finally done maybe you can go and watch it again~
I mean the plot isn't that heavy so you can try it again anytime you like. ^^

tabemonster wrote:

Well, like 3/4 of the dramas being produced these days are adaptations of mangas or novels anyway Nut
But I like YanMeg because it manages to be refreshing and enjoyable in spite of the plot Big Grin No doubt it's the same framework and set-up we've seen so many times already, and you can predict what's happening next pretty easily, but I think there is something earnest about this drama that gets to me. I also like Naka Riisa a lot; she may not be the best actress of her generation, but I always see a willingness to go all the way in her performance that I kind of admire.

I agree with xploring and catisneko about Hiroki. Great job so far and after episode 5, I don't consider him a miscast...but I still feel like he looks so much older than everyone else Sweat Maybe 'cause the last thing I saw him in was Halfway, in which he played the wise, older teacher...

I agree with you... a lot of dramas these days are adaptations but the thing that I like about YanMega is despite having read the manga the drama manages to keep itself fresh because of the changes that they did to it... the spirit of the manga is still there anyway. Big Grin

on Hiroki - when he is with Kanata & Kawaguchi Haruna the age gap is definitely obvious... but when he is with Riisa, Koyanagi Yu & Suzuki Ryohei he doesn't seem that old. XDDD

LOL! yeah~ Halfway! Riisa is there too! XDDDD
I also like Riisa and I agree that she may not be the best actress of her generation but there are still a lot of room for improvement... She's still young anyway.. Give her 2-3 years and we never know she might become like her senpai Ueno Juri~ ^^
tabemonster

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, so you read the manga too catisneko? Is it very different from the drama? Maybe I should pick up the manga too w00t!

And I didn't realize Riisa's from the same agency as Juri! Aw, I want to see them in a project together now!
catisneko

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@tabemonster - I have.. and its really funny! I have never laughed that hard while reading a manga before~ you should try reading it~ ^^

But yeah~ its different since they added some drama because the manga is just pure comedy... but yeah~ the spirit of the manga is still there. hehe

They are~ lol! I wanna see them work together too~ Fingers crossed
tabemonster

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay, putting it on my manga to read queue!
catisneko

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! ^^

I just read the news that Riisa will be starring on her first lead role in a drama by NTV titled "Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo"

Things are looking really good for her! Applaud
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tabemonster wrote:

i did like Naka Riisa in Gakko Ja Oshierarenai Dancing
memory_moua

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol. wow i didn't think i'd get this many replies. lol

at first i thought the title was a little funny ... but after watching it i really didn't care what it was called anymore, it was just so interesting. and yes the actors are amazing.

lol.. that's true ... kanata does need to eat. he's really skinny .. but i gotta say he looks good.

yeah narimiya hiroki is a little older than the others. but hey at least he's good Applaud

and thanks for the other replies. i haven't read the manga yet .. but i think i will.

i'll try to reply whenever i'm free in keyboarding.
catisneko

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

memory_moua wrote:
lol. wow i didn't think i'd get this many replies. lol

at first i thought the title was a little funny ... but after watching it i really didn't care what it was called anymore, it was just so interesting. and yes the actors are amazing.

lol.. that's true ... kanata does need to eat. he's really skinny .. but i gotta say he looks good.

yeah narimiya hiroki is a little older than the others. but hey at least he's good Applaud

and thanks for the other replies. i haven't read the manga yet .. but i think i will.

i'll try to reply whenever i'm free in keyboarding.

The manga is AWESOME~
though there is very little romance... most of it are hints and its pure comedy.. The drama is otherwise though... Its focusing in romance & more on the character's different backgrounds like the drama in their lives.. So yeah~
the drama makes the story more relatable in real life~ ^^

The acting is really awesome! Applaud
As expected from Hiroki~ w00t!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: