jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
JDrama Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 292, 293, 294  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fromjapan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for all of your recommendations! Appreciate it!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bbbut wrote:
I am watching the subbed version currently (episode 18). But since this is my first taiga drama I can not compare it to others of its kind.

As a normal drama it is watchable. But as a period piece I am really questioning the historical correctness, or better the depiction of the characters. It very often smells like distortion of the past (Ryoma is larger then life and even the power-hungry villain only wants "the best for his country" and so on).

The foundation of the Taigas are historically correct, but it goes without saying that literary license is taken in the drama to make it more dramatic/interesting... Taigas aren't historical documentaries. Wink
bigworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Dramaless in the rain Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everybody,

I�fm desperately looking for some nice dramas – without much success unfortunately.

So far, my favourite dramas are Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Love Shuffle and – not so far behind – Liar Game. I also enjoyed Sapuri, Tokyo Friends and Boku dake no Madonna as well as Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go. Shinya Shokuda is somewhat different, but also not bad.
Last December, I already received some recommendations from you guys, but most of it didn�ft really catch me. So here�fs what I tried, but couldn�ft really connect to: Love Complex, Kimi wa petto, Golden Bowl, Orange Days, Bengoshi no Kuzu, Long Vacation, Around 40, Oishii puropozu, Slow Dance.
Though not bad, I just wasn�ft really interested in the dramas above.

So, here I am with no clue what else to watch. I guess what I need is a drama with good actors, kind of funny, but not too cheesy or stupid. I love to see some Tokyo sights (cause it reminds me of my own time there), maybe a small love story on the side and – obviously – if it has a few nice chics, I won�ft complain.

I liked Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Love Shuffle, because they were kind of „smart funny�g with a refreshing and somewhat twisted plot/characters.

And by the way, although I watched GTO and Edison No Haha (which was ok), I'm not so much into High School kind of dramas.

Really appreciate your recommendations.

Sankyu�`
BigWorm
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Dramaless in the rain Reply with quote Back to top

bigworm wrote:
Hey everybody,

I�fm desperately looking for some nice dramas – without much success unfortunately.

So far, my favourite dramas are Kekkon Dekinai Otoko, Love Shuffle and – not so far behind – Liar Game. I also enjoyed Sapuri, Tokyo Friends and Boku dake no Madonna as well as Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go. Shinya Shokuda is somewhat different, but also not bad.
Last December, I already received some recommendations from you guys, but most of it didn�ft really catch me. So here�fs what I tried, but couldn�ft really connect to: Love Complex, Kimi wa petto, Golden Bowl, Orange Days, Bengoshi no Kuzu, Long Vacation, Around 40, Oishii puropozu, Slow Dance.
Though not bad, I just wasn�ft really interested in the dramas above.

So, here I am with no clue what else to watch. I guess what I need is a drama with good actors, kind of funny, but not too cheesy or stupid. I love to see some Tokyo sights (cause it reminds me of my own time there), maybe a small love story on the side and – obviously – if it has a few nice chics, I won�ft complain.

I liked Kekkon Dekinai Otoko and Love Shuffle, because they were kind of „smart funny�g with a refreshing and somewhat twisted plot/characters.

And by the way, although I watched GTO and Edison No Haha (which was ok), I'm not so much into High School kind of dramas.

Really appreciate your recommendations.

Sankyu�`
BigWorm

I think/hope you won't be disappointed with these. I like them a lot.

Ohsama no resutoran (entire drama shot inside a French restaurant)
Odoru Daisousasen
Okane ga nai!
Medaka
Tiger and Dragon
neeniki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: KORA KORAAA! Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I'm a new member in here and in desperate need of some badass dramas. Would love to hear some recommendations for yakuza/delinquent dramas, they can be comedy or serious - or even movies - as long as they're good (subtitles also required, now waiting for some to 'Yankee-kun to Megane-chan').

Just finished watching Yankee bokou ni kaeru, previously seen Tiger & Dragon (loved it), My boss my hero, IWGP, ROOKIES (found it boring), GTO and Gokusen (hated it). Next going to watch Yasuko to Kenji, but I need more! Twisted
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: KORA KORAAA! Reply with quote Back to top

neeniki wrote:
Hello, I'm a new member in here and in desperate need of some badass dramas. Would love to hear some recommendations for yakuza/delinquent dramas, they can be comedy or serious - or even movies - as long as they're good (subtitles also required, now waiting for some to 'Yankee-kun to Megane-chan').

Just finished watching Yankee bokou ni kaeru, previously seen Tiger & Dragon (loved it), My boss my hero, IWGP, ROOKIES (found it boring), GTO and Gokusen (hated it). Next going to watch Yasuko to Kenji, but I need more! Twisted

You can't go past Ikebukuro West Gate Park.
http://jdorama.com/drama.483.htm
Oh, you have already seen it.

Maybe Kisarazu Cat's Eye.
EstherM

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: KORA KORAAA! Reply with quote Back to top

neeniki wrote:

There's a sub-sub-sub Yakuza storyline in Golden Bowl. You could try H2, a better sports drama and then perhaps the 90ties drama Miseinen.
Movies: Crows zero one and two and Kamikaze Girls
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ There's Ninkyo Helper... But I wouldn't say it's badass.
sadacori

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: KORA KORAAA! Reply with quote Back to top

neeniki wrote:

Some delinquent dramas (not really that badass though):

Lipstick
http://jdorama.com/drama.238.htm

LIFE
http://jdorama.com/drama.1183.htm

Currently watching: Netflix stuff
marspeach

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did not watch any dramas in the winter or spring seasons (burnt out!) but now I want to start again. What were the best dramas of these seasons???

NOT Bloody Monday 2 (okay, I actually watched some of it but it was so horrible it doesn't count!).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

marspeach wrote:
I did not watch any dramas in the winter or spring seasons (burnt out!) but now I want to start again. What were the best dramas of these seasons???

The only thing I've seen that I liked was Mageranai Onna:http://jdorama.com/drama.1493.htm

And Sunao ni Narenakute has a character called "Peach", but that still isn't enough to recommend it.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
And Sunao ni Narenakute has a character called "Peach", but that still isn't enough to recommend it.

Yeah.

Sad to say, but unless you're a fan of one of the main characters, it might not be worth the time... Sweat
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

marspeach wrote:

Mother has been quite good, I'm enjoying it, but it isn't for everyone's taste as it's not a 'light' watch.

http://jdorama.com/drama.1526.htm
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Mother
niknik

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

marspeach wrote:

Agree with both gaijinmark and Jav_sol..... Applaud

Also JIN from last Fall is worth watching if you haven't seen it.... Big Grin
kaede11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys,

finished watching the following.

HERO
NODAME CANTABILE
CHANGE
PRIDE
GOODLUCK!
PAPA TOI MUTSUME NANOKAN
MY BOSS MY HERO
BUZZER BEATER
LIAR GAME
LIAR GAME 2
CODE BLUE
CODE BLUE 2

as of now abit clueless as of what to watch next.read the previous posts as well but dont really consider the, Any one has any recommendations whats nice recently by Kimura Takuya? serious would be fine but with a little comedic like hero, change would be nice.

thanks guys!appreciate it! hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ If you want a comedic hero, check out the Kuitan or Jiko Keisatsu series. Victory! Peace!
kaede11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
^ If you want a comedic hero, check out the Kuitan or Jiko Keisatsu series. Victory! Peace!

thanks bmwracer. will check it out. btw i like m6. haha
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kaede11 wrote:
thanks bmwracer. will check it out.

Hope you like 'em. Victory! Peace!
spadehc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, never seen a J-drama before, but sadly, I have run out of good anime, and looking to expand my experiences.

So, Im really into...scary/supernatural.

Mainly, if anyone has seen Supernatural from the US, thats exactly what Im looking for, but I will settle for really scary, and supernatural.

Ill also mention that I just watched CROWS ZERO. LOVED IT!. Any action dramas like that? Really cool action packed?

Looking for mainly around 2000-present!

<3

Last edited by spadehc on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
strawberryfzz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

spadehc wrote:
Guys, never seen a J-drama before, but sadly, I have run out of good anime, and looking to expand my experiences.

So, Im really into...scary/supernatural.

Mainly, if anyone has seen Supernatural from the US, thats exactly what Im looking for, but I will settle for really scary, and supernatural.

<3

In that case, I'm sure you'll LOVE Supernatural: The Anime when it comes out soon! Naughty

As for recs, I think good supernatural genre Jdramas are a bit hard to come by as they usually end up being painfully cheesy and have cheapy cheap CG effects. That said, though both titles are a bit old, Ring: Saishuso is worth a watch and storywise, DxD is the closest thing to Supernatural that I can think of. But like I said before...expect lots of B-movie effects (especially from the latter). You may also want to check out Trick which is of the mystery/occult genre and also happens to be freakin' hilarious.[/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 258, 259, 260 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
Page 259 of 294

Jump to: