jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1220, 1221, 1222 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katsup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niknik wrote:
Episode 7, Hotaru no Hikari 2.

Ok, but as of now not as good as Hotaru 1. Some good episodes, some not so good. My favorite of the summer season is the K-Drama My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. Applaud

is gumiho really that good? i decided to start downloading it because even though it looked really cheesy from previews, i love lee seung ki and ive heard great things about it.

As for hnh2, i kind of love it so much more than season 1. It's a lot more dramatic, and i like how they have the love rivals set up. I guess since i wasn't really a fan of hotaru x teshima from the beginning i'm set to like season 2 more, since seno is just awesome. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
Really? Then maybe the title should be changed to "What Japanese dramas are you currently watching?" Since it only said dramas, I figured Korean ones could be mentioned.

Well, um, the heading for this particular forum is "Discussion on Japanese Dramas..." Wink
EstherM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Atami no Sousakan 6 and 7 - I am still amazed by the amazingness of this amazing show. Eri Fuse forever!
niknik

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 6, Atami no Sousakan.

EstherM wrote:
Eri Fuse forever!

She is a hoot! rofl

One more to go, I think.
20 century boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tokujo Kabachi....

I will stop at episod 1. I Don't remember watching something so lame for a while...
EstherM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niknik wrote:

She is a hoot! rofl

One more to go, I think.

Thumbsup
So, it'll be all resolved in episode 8? Nice, I like my dramas short.

Having said that, I am going to contradict myself since I can't get enough of Trick - I am finally watching the Trick SP from 2005 and I am super excited that next up is the new one from 2010.
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mioka ep 8. Two more eps left. Sweat
EstherM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hotaru no Hikaru 2 episodes 9 and 10.
Worst Shake Head Sweat :
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

Last edited by EstherM on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finished Sorekara no Musashi and I have to admit... it became something of a chore to finished it by the end.

Maybe I'm just too much a westerner to really appreciate it. I don't know. It' sjust that... they didn't really add anything to the original story. The fight scenes were... less than impressive. I did find myself questioning Musashi's sexuality. I mean, he was forever running away from the women who wanted him... but there were no end of little boys he was interested in travelling the back roads with.

I know, I'm just being jaded. But my mind did tend to wander half way through the series. They just didn't have 13 episodes worth of story to tell. Or maybe the writer just wasn't good enough to tell the story.

And the one thing that did occur to me was the idea that Musashi was forever wandering, training, growing as a spiritual being. And yet, by the end, he seemed to be exactly the same guy he started out as. Only a bit chubbier.

By the end I really just wanted to get through the last episode and be done with it.

As a pick'me'up, I started Troubleman

http://www.jdorama.com/drama.1528.htm

So far, it stinks.

I'm half way through... which sounds like I've given iit some time. But to be honest, it goes pretty fast if you watch it in fast forward... which is what I've been doing since the middle of the second episode.

The actors/characters are... bland and uninteresting. The story... well I've watched 6 episodes and I'm not really sure what the story is...

It's like this... have you ever listened to a 5 year old telling a joke. They start off pretty well. They know it's a funny story. But then they start wandering off point. They sort of forget the narrative set up for the joke, then they repeat themselves, than they stutter, and pause, and look around... and ten minutes into "Why did the chicken cross the road..." they realize they can't remember the punch line... and they're not really sure what to do next.

"Troubleman" is sort of like that... so far.
strawberryfzz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
Worst Shake Head Sweat :

Haven't seen it myself yet (kinda fell behind after ep 6ish) but now I know I won't even bother. To think they dragged on and on about it for so long and then for it to be an utter disappointment...? That's just ridiculous. Doh!

Though missing a certain something (it would have been perfect otherwise), I'm still enjoying the heck out of Unubore Deka. Can't believe next week is the finale. Puppy Dog Eyes I will miss the Unubore 5 but I look forward to their grand finale dance number! rofl

Also watching NatsuNiji which has surprisingly grown on me after a draggy start. Very charming!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EstherM wrote:
Worst Shake Head Sweat :

Something to do with his co-star? Beaten
EstherM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

strawberryfzz wrote:

Haven't seen it myself yet (kinda fell behind after ep 6ish) but now I know I won't even bother. To think they dragged on and on about it for so long and then for it to be an utter disappointment...? That's just ridiculous. Doh!

Though missing a certain something (it would have been perfect otherwise), I'm still enjoying the heck out of Unubore Deka. Can't believe next week is the finale. Puppy Dog Eyes I will miss the Unubore 5 but I look forward to their grand finale dance number! rofl

Also watching NatsuNiji which has surprisingly grown on me after a draggy start. Very charming!

hehe
I might want to check out NatsuNiji to help me to recover, I actually downloaded the first 2 episodes a while ago.

I really like Unubore but like you said, there is something that keeps it from being truly great. For me it was that
EstherM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Something to do with his co-star? Beaten

Lol, that could be it - I had the same reaction with her in Byakuyakou Sweat
niknik

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 9, Joker Yurusarezaru Sosakan.

And the murderer is........
katsup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched epi 8 of hotaru no hikari. After seeing the comment above about the disappointment, i'm worried now o___o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Never read the spoilers. Sweat
katsup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
^ Never read the spoilers. Sweat

? I didn't read them, that's why im worried Bleah

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

katsup wrote:
? I didn't read them, that's why im worried Bleah

Maybe you should avoid this thread as well. Beaten
katsup

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Maybe you should avoid this thread as well. Beaten

now i'm just downright confused Head Scratch ohwell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had nothing better to do today so I marathoned Samurai High School mainly for the Mimura factor (she didn't disappoint). I wasn't expecting much at all because duh, it's called "Samurai High School" but was actually pleasantly surprised. Being the stubborn person I am, I tried my hardest all these years not to fall into the Miura Haruma craze, but seeing him with squinted eyes and that samurai smirk instantly converted me. XD Haters don't know what they're missing. The dude is a natural and I look forward to how he'll grow as an actor.

I'm not going to lie, I fell asleep during a few episodes (only managed to catch the beginning and ending of those) and Shirota Yu was just bad and horribly, terribly, miscast, but all in all I don't think it was a complete waste of a day. lol I was more interested in Samurai Haruma than high-schooler Haruma, but the gap between the two was amusing.

I think I'll try to finish Bloody Monday next. TRYYYYYYYY.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1220, 1221, 1222 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1221 of 1375

Jump to: