jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1236, 1237, 1238 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shin2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hitomi #1 wrote:
^^ Better than Long Vacation?

Imo Ohsama no Resutoran and Sweet Home are much much better than LV (but then I am probably the only one who holds this opinion, at least on this site). To me Ohsama no Resutoran is the best written (by Mitani Koki), best acted (with the best ensemble cast) comedy dorama I have seen. Sweet Home would be a close second. And Yamaguchi Tomoko shows why she was so great back in the 90's.

You mentioned that Hitotsu Yane no Shita was the oldest dorama you have seen. If you like dorama that focuses on family, you might want to watch an even older series, Kita no Kuni Kara from 1981. A very special series. Oyaji (2000) and the similar Otousan (2003) are two other family-centric comedy-leaning dorama that are pretty decent imo (Oyaji is the better of the two).
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bump.
suzzy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finishing up Guilty and Juui Dolittle Dancing
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:

Imo Ohsama no Resutoran and Sweet Home are much much better than LV (but then I am probably the only one who holds this opinion, at least on this site). To me Ohsama no Resutoran is the best written (by Mitani Koki), best acted (with the best ensemble cast) comedy dorama I have seen. Sweet Home would be a close second. And Yamaguchi Tomoko shows why she was so great back in the 90's.

You mentioned that Hitotsu Yane no Shita was the oldest dorama you have seen. If you like dorama that focuses on family, you might want to watch an even older series, Kita no Kuni Kara from 1981. A very special series. Oyaji (2000) and the similar Otousan (2003) are two other family-centric comedy-leaning dorama that are pretty decent imo (Oyaji is the better of the two).

Thanks for the suggestions, Applaud Otousan I just recently watched, not a classic but it was still quite enjoyable. Think a major problem with real older ones like the one you mentioned is finding them, Puppy Dog Eyes went to DA but they didn't have it or at least not subbed. Mokuyoubi no Shokutaku and Tokyo Love Story from that era may be on my radar too. Fingers crossed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to find something for my friend's Mom, watched Dosokai.
Better than I thought it would be. Worth a look... Applaud
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently watching two Uchiyama Rina dramas, Seito Shokun and Fire Boys. I'm through the first three episodes of Seito Shokun. It's a very interesting school-teacher drama and it moves much faster than I anticipated. I've only seen one episode of Fire Boys so far, but it definitely seems interesting as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I spent a week to watch Akai Ito Mr Green Mr Green it was a very sweet drama,,,nice ending song too Victory! Peace!....I need a week cos I don't have much time Shameful Cry
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

plan to watch Zeni Geba or Boku Dake no Madonna??? Confused

I am a Pig-Rabbit...Victory! Peace!�I�T
kawaiiruna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm watching "Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku "
really great drama..matsujun & yuko takeuchi were very awesome Smitten

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just finished Zettai Reido and Kodai Shoujo Doguchan (wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ancient_Dogoo_Girl )

Kodai Shoujo Doguchan Opening on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzLbKetLtsc
tinyamaki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ocha4ever wrote:
I spent a week to watch Akai Ito Mr Green Mr Green it was a very sweet drama,,,nice ending song too Victory! Peace!....I need a week cos I don't have much time Shameful Cry
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

Akai Ito is one of the good romance drama that I've seen....though it's a bit depressing for me but I enjoyed it Mr Green
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ocha4ever wrote:

Zeni Gaba was rather interesting though very, very dark, good job by Matsuyama as usual though. Applaud I've seen Boku Dake no Madonna twice, though okay thought it was disappointing, Puppy Dog Eyes just lacked that something, Kyoko was quite good in it however.

Between regular dramas, up to episode 13 of the tokusatsu series Iron King, an oldie from 1972, cheesiest thing I've seen to date. rofl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished watching Sheito Shokun. All I have to say is wow. When I first saw the synopsis and the first 5-10 minutes of it, I thought it was going to be more of a comedy oriented drama. To my complete surprise it was very serious and rather dark. After watching Uchiyama Rina play such a magnificent roll in S.O.S., I was a bit disappointed with her role in Good Luck, but in Sheito Shokun Rina really shines as a dedicated and caring teacher of a troublesome class. She also showed some pretty good basketball skills to.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Jade Frost's synopses, i found this Kasouken no Onna Season 10 in her archives.

So much of detective series in two consecutive seasons U Suck , it's an overdose. I picked this because of Sawaguchi Yasuko, really. Just like the way I pick to watch Hancho. Both series have individual episode plots. .....i dun think i have the patience to chase after 11 weeks of mystery to find the murderer.
shin2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While visiting relatives over the holidays, we watched Ningen no Shoumei. Some good actors in this one: Takenouchi Yutaka, Natsukawa Yui, Osugi Ren, Ogata Ken, Kunimura Jun, Matsuzaka Keiko.
Still bothered by having a Japanese actor in black face and afro wig. But, overall a decent dorama.
Wynter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Change. First episode was mediocre and didn't really grip me. Second episode was a little better...

There are already characters that annoy me. I'm hoping the story will get better.

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
qilver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lately its been just k-drama, Secret Garden, now on ep.14, and thankfully they've been subtitled.
ocha4ever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:
lately its been just k-drama, Secret Garden, now on ep.14, and thankfully they've been subtitled.

I'm watching it too....but while I'm waiting for the next episode I also watch jdorama....

Secret Garden is so great, ne..... Victory! Peace!

ocha4ever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hitomi #1 wrote:

Zeni Gaba was rather interesting though very, very dark, good job by Matsuyama as usual though. Applaud I've seen Boku Dake no Madonna twice, though okay thought it was disappointing, Puppy Dog Eyes just lacked that something, Kyoko was quite good in it however.

Between regular dramas, up to episode 13 of the tokusatsu series Iron King, an oldie from 1972, cheesiest thing I've seen to date. rofl

finally I watch Boku Dake no Madonna....somehow I thought I ever watched it before... Crazy

yup Kyoko is so pretty here... still in epi 1 tho.. Victory! Peace!

qilver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ocha4ever wrote:

I'm watching it too....but while I'm waiting for the next episode I also watch jdorama....

Secret Garden is so great, ne..... Victory! Peace!

I think it airs twice a week, so ep#15,#16 is due out on this Sat/Sun in Korea, so look for it soon shortly after.
spldey126

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finish Tsuki No Kobito...I'm not gonna say it is recommended but 'just watch it!!'...Awesome cast, great play, loving the love atmosphere and the theme songs....i just love it man!! (even though is a short drama but it doesn't matter, the most important is u got in love with it. Dancing )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1236, 1237, 1238 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1237 of 1375

Jump to: