jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Matsushita Nao

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qilver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Matsushita Nao Reply with quote Back to top

Nao Matsushita

Nao Matsushita (���� �ޏ�, Matsushita Nao, born 8 February 1985) is a Japanese actress and singer.

History

Nao was born in Kawanishi, Hyōgo on 8 February 1985. Winning Japan's Elite Model Look started her modeling career in earnest.She attended the Tokyo College of Music.

* Name: �����ޏ� (�܂‚��� �Ȃ�)
* Name (romaji): Matsushita Nao
* Profession: Actress and singer
* Birthdate: 1985-Feb-08
* Birthplace: Kawanishi, Hyogo, Japan
* Height: 175cm
* Star sign: Aquarius
* Blood type: AB
* Talent agency: JI-Promotion

TV Shows

* Control ~ Hanzai Shinri Sousa (Fuji TV, 2011)
* Tantei Club (Fuji TV, 2010)
* Gegege no Nyobo (NHK, 2010)
* Ohitorisama (TBS, 2009)
* Honjitsu mo Hare. Ijo Nashi (TBS, 2009)
* Koizora (TBS, 2008)
* Kansahojin (NHK, 2008)
* Ryokiteki na Kanojo (TBS, 2008)
* Kimi no Nozomu Shinikata (WOWOW, 2008)
* Good Job (NHK, 2007)
* Taiyo no Uta (TBS, 2006)
* Top Caster (Fuji TV, 2006)
* Koi ni Ochitara (Fuji TV, 2005)
* Ningen no Shomei (Fuji TV, 2004)
* Koinu no Waltz (NTV, 2004)

Movies

* Sunadokei (2008)
* Chest! (2008)
* XX (X Cross) Makyo Densetsu (2007)
* Mirai Yosouzu (2007)
* Adiantum Blue (2006)

Endorsements

* Eye Full Home (2007~)
* Suntory Malt's (2007~)
* EMobile (2007~)
* Morinaga & Company Dars, Premio Cocoa (2006~)

Trivia

* Education: Tokyo College of Music
* Specialty: Piano

Last edited by qilver on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
qilver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I first noticed her in a few j-dramas a year or so back.
I really had no idea she was in the drama version of Taiyou no uta �^�C���̂���
(A Song to the Sun), in which she co-starred in.

She was in this years annual New Years Japanese TV show Kouhaku Uta Gassen, and co-host along with Arashi. She also performed her own song instrumental on piano to her theme song of the japanese drama she stars in, Gegege no Nyobo (NHK, 2010).

This young beauty has a lot of talent, and is excellent on the piano.

I'll post up the Youtube video of her below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqncvNdmGl4
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I first saw her in Sunadokei and then a few other times. Honestly, the only thing that caught my attention was her height, not really her acting. Sweat Thought, I didn't see Gegege no Nyobo, so not sure if her acting improved there.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
I first saw her in Sunadokei and then a few other times. Honestly, the only thing that caught my attention was her height, not really her acting. Sweat Thought, I didn't see Gegege no Nyobo, so not sure if her acting improved there.

I first saw her in Koi ni Ochitara, opposite SMAP guy... Smile
Cagallisan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I first saw her in Ohitorisama and then in Gegege no Nyobo!! I loved his performance as Nunoe!! a great job Mr Green
qilver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:

I did also notice her height, and elegance at the Kouhaku Uta Gassen, she really show how graceful and beautiful she is as co-host. At 174cm tall, she was taller than some of the Arashi guys. Her performance at the piano was stunning, and the video clips in her latest drama does depict some fine acting on her part, but I have yet to watch it for myself, her latest drama.
qilver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nao is starring in a new Japanese drama that recently came out for this season,

Control ~ Hanzai Shinri Sousa
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Control_~_Hanzai_Shinri_Sousa

Matsushita Nao as Segawa Rio and her co-star actor, Fujiki Naohito as Nagumo Jun

I watched ep 1, and it looks ok, her acting is good, and the drama is one of few detective dramas out for this season, and this one is being subtitled in english.

if i can, i'll post some screen caps of Nao in the drama, but i forgot how to grab a

screen cap, is it CTRL-T, in windows media classic player?
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Matsushita Nao stars in new drama adaptation of �gKurumi no Heya"
May 28, 2011

Actress Matsushita Nao, who became a household name last year with her role in the hit drama series �gGegege no Nyoubou,�h will star in another NHK series called �gKurumi no Heya.�h

The drama is based on a novel by the late screenwriter Mukoda Kuniko that was already adapted for television in 1982 (starring Ishida Ayumi) and in 1989 (starring Takeshita Keiko). The story is set in Tokyo around 1980, where the serious young woman Momoko struggles to shoulder the burden of keeping her family intact after her father gets laid off and then disappears.

NHK will broadcast the drama on Tuesdays at 10:00pm, for a total of six episodes between July 26 and August 30. Mukoda�fs 30-year death anniversary is on August 22.

The supporting cast features Kanie Keizo, Takeshita Keiko, Igawa Haruka, Usuda Asami, Seto Koji, Harada Taizo, and Nishida Naomi.

Sources:
Sankei Sports
Sports Hochi
Oricon
3571mylucky

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Beauty Reply with quote Back to top

Natural beauty and so tall
Hope 2c more of her drama
qilver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Matsushita Nao stars in new drama adaptation of �gKurumi no Heya"
May 28, 2011

Actress Matsushita Nao, who became a household name last year with her role in the hit drama series �gGegege no Nyoubou,�h will star in another NHK series called �gKurumi no Heya.�h

The drama is based on a novel by the late screenwriter Mukoda Kuniko that was already adapted for television in 1982 (starring Ishida Ayumi) and in 1989 (starring Takeshita Keiko). The story is set in Tokyo around 1980, where the serious young woman Momoko struggles to shoulder the burden of keeping her family intact after her father gets laid off and then disappears.

NHK will broadcast the drama on Tuesdays at 10:00pm, for a total of six episodes between July 26 and August 30. Mukoda�fs 30-year death anniversary is on August 22.

The supporting cast features Kanie Keizo, Takeshita Keiko, Igawa Haruka, Usuda Asami, Seto Koji, Harada Taizo, and Nishida Naomi.

Sources:
Sankei Sports
Sports Hochi
Oricon

thanks for the info on Nao!
she did wonderfully on "Control" drama from last season, it was great watching it!

and yeah she's a beauty at 175cm tall!! Mr Green
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nao Matsushita to make guest appearance in Marumo no Okite special

Matsushita will make an appearance as Yuriko in the �gMarumo no Okite�h drama special that will air on October 9. The story is set before she gets married, and her character will show up at the izakaya Kujira frequented by the �gMarumo�h household, where she will have a conversation with Ashida Mana and Suzuki Fuku�fs characters.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nao Matsushita to star in Fuji TV drama special

Matsushita Nao will be taking on the role of Madonna in the upcoming FujiTV drama SP "Botchan" starring Arashi's Ninomiya Kazunari which will be shown on 3 Jan 2016 at 9pm. Her character is nicknamed Madonna as she is is regarded as the most beautiful woman in the town. In the original novel by Natsume Soseki, Madonna is engaged to the English teacher Uranari played by Yamamoto Koji but in the drama SP, Aka Shatsu played by Oikawa Mitsuhiro will form a love triangle with them.

Matsushita worked together with Arashi in the 2010 NHK Kouhaku but this is the first time she is acting in a drama with Ninomiya.

Source: Yomiuri Hochi
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nao Matsushita to star in Fuji TV Spring 2016 drama

Matsushita Nao will be starring in the upcoming FujiTV Spring 2016 drama "Hayako-sensei, Kekkon surutte hontou desuka?" (Teacher Hayako, is it true that you are getting married?) which will begin its run from April in the Thursdays 10pm timeslot. The drama which is based on the same-titled 4-column manga serialised via goo blogs from October 2009 and moved to Ameblog in March 2010, features Matsushita as Tatsuki Hayako, a 34-year-old primary school teacher who is not concerned about her single status so far but finds herself unwittingly joining her colleagues in a group which aspires to find marriage partners through arranged meetings and group dates thus leading her to think more about the meaning of romance, family and life.

Hayako has a rather frank personality who doesn't like to listen to other people's advice and prefers to find her own answers. In front of her students, Hayako is a very forgiving and kind teacher but in private, she has a huge appetite, loves drinking and muscle training and would not shy away from making strange faces or performing crude impersonations in front of others. As she is content with her life and work, Hayako is not in a hurry to get married and believes that she will get to doing that one day.

One day, Hayako happens to see a photo album of a person who her parents wanted to introduce her to through an arranged meeting but kept it in a drawer in the end without saying a thing as they pretended not to be too concerned whether their daughter is going to get married. Shortly after, Hayako's father Tatsushi (Bido Isao) falls ill and is hospitalised. Although Hayako suggests that her parents should close down their family business (a tofu shop) so that they can take it easy, she is surprised to see her mother Naoko (Matsuzaka Keiko) try her best to keep the shop going despite not being skilled in the art of making tofu and realises what it means to have a longstanding relationship where two people are bound by a strong bond. This leads her to think seriously about finding someone who can be such a couple with her and joins the konkatsu domei (alliance to get hitched) with her single female colleagues Kugayama Mika (Kanjiya Shihori), Narimasu Umeko (Sato Hitomi) and another male colleague Sendaki Rentaro (Yashima Norito). Co-stars also include Yamauchi Keiya and Tanokura Yuta who play Hayako's married colleagues.

In order to prepare for the role, Matsushita cut her hair by 30cm which is the shortest she has had in 15 years since she was a senior high school student. As such, Matsushita is not used to seeing herself in this hairstyle as she has been having long hair since she made her debut. Nonetheless, she hopes that with this new hairstyle, this will prepare her for the role in this drama. Matsushita also said that she can identify with Hayako's circumstances especially since most people would have assumed while they were kids that they would get married once they became adults. However, in her case, she's satisfied with her current situation in work and thinks that marriage is somewhat far from her thoughts now.

Source: Sanspo / FujiTV
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nao Matsushita to star in TBS drama Special

Matsushita Nao will be starring in the new TBS drama SP "Oufukushokan ~ Juugonen go no Hoshuu" (Correspondence ~ The supplementary tuition after 15 years) which will be shown on 30 September at 8.57pm. The drama SP is adapted from one of the stories "Juugonen go no Hoshuu" in Minato Kanae's short novels compilation "Oufukushokan". Matsushita plays the role of the heroine Okano Mariko who got embroiled into an incident involving her classmate when she was in junior high. As a result, she lost her memory due to the shock. Suddenly, through her mail correspondence with her boyfriend Nagata Junichi (Ichihara Hayato) who was her junior high school classmate and is on assignment as an international volunteer at a frontier town, she starts to remember fragments of her past. At the same time, a new murder case happens which leads Mariko to find out the truth behind the case which happened 15 years ago. Kaga Takeshi plays the role of Kameyama Ryuzo who is in-charge of the cases 15 years ago and now.

Matsushita said that she has been a fan of Minato's books and is always excited about the unexpected developments in her stories. In the original novel, the correspondence between Mariko and Junichi offers a blend of suspense and romance elements so she hopes to be able to convey the emotions of her character through this drama SP.

Sources: Yomiuri Hochi / Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nao Matsushita to release her 7th album

Nao Matsushita will release her 7th album, entitled 'Synchro' on February 6th.

The album will contain a total of nine tracks including songs where she plays the piano herself and a collaboration with Jazztronik's Ryota Nozawa.

Synchro

- Lovin' You (main theme song for TV Asahi drama 'Totto-chan!')
- Ai to Yonda Kiseki (insert song for TV Asahi drama 'Totto-chan!')
- Collaboration song with Jazztronik's Ryota Nozawa
- appasionato (main theme song for BS Fuji 'Matsushita Nao Gogh no Seishun Soshite
Shiksai ga Umareta')
- brillante (main theme song for BS Fuji 'Matsushita Nao [Seppun] -Ougon no Gaka
Klimt to Wien 1900 nen-)

Total of 9 songs

Source: natalie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: