jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1245, 1246, 1247 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fye_D.Flowright

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Konkatsu! episode 3 and GM Odore Doctor episode 2
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Through 8 episodes of Fire Boys. It was a good episode, ruined by subtitles that come 1 minute after the actual dialog takes place. Shake Head Grumble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished watching Wagaya no Rekishi (thanks, Tu). Lots of veteran actors in this one, although many of them had only brief cameos. But Nishida Toshiyuki had a prominent role, and Fuji Junko had some nice scenes as his wife. Wish Amami Yuki had more screen time; she was pretty intimidating in the few scenes she was in (except for her last one, in which she was completely floored by the stream of celebrities paying their respects to what she thought was her inferior pathetic rival, LOL).
Geezer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me too. (Wagaya no Rekishi, that is) Tu_triky rocks.

I've saved the final hour of episode three to watch tomorrow.

I won't say much until I've finished it, but this is Shibasaki Kou's piece, and I think she's doing a heck of a job carrying it. Most poor actors depend on make-up and make-up alone to suggest age. Kou is doing it with attitude. I've been pretty impressed.

Nishida is, as always, a joy. From the Elephant, to telling his daughterin-law she'd better dance on the table at 8 Woman, to the soy sauce maker, to--- it's called comic relief, and he's doing it without a big red nose.

And Fuji Junko... just makes me happy, every time I see her.

I will hate to see this one end.

Eve

Thanks for the endorsement on "Pure". I'll be going back to it. With that cast I can't ignore it. But here's the thing. They plan to make me feel bad. That's their goal. And with that cast, I expect they'll achieve that goal.

I'm just not one of those people who watch TV to get depressed. I'm depressed enough on my own. I like TV that makes me happy.
shin2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:

Nishida is, as always, a joy. From the Elephant, to telling his daughterin-law she'd better dance on the table at 8 Woman, to the soy sauce maker, to--- it's called comic relief, and he's doing it without a big red nose..

Yeah, funny stuff executed by an actor who's a pleasure to watch. The Marilyn Monroe scene, what happens when he thinks he's invented the greatest toy ever, his bumping into famous people . . . rofl
tartan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished Waterboys 2 and it was a blast. Seriously I don't remember when was the last time I enjoyed a Jdorama this much. I couldn't wait to see next episode after every episode. Full of actions, school life, friendship, abit of love, human relationships and lots of comedy. Definitely going to rank this high!

It didn't have any actor or actress I was looking forward to, except Ishihara Satomi, despite that I ended up loving all of the cast. I'm glad I started this drama, wondering if there's more good school dramas I haven't seen, especially the one with many casts. Not just centering around two people or so.
hira101

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am currently Watching the Drama Musashi . i like the performance of mishi which play a good Character in Musashi .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching all three dramas at one go.

Didn't expect to go further than Episode 1 of Fuyu no Sakura but I got hooked
Cool! It's a case of make or break whenever the casting pairs an older woman with a younger man. In this case, the Imai Miki's magic works again as it had in 'Brand' and Takashima Masanobu as the vindictive husband makes me sit up this time. I wish they would show more scenes in Yamagata again. It was the opening scene that drew me to watch.

Deka Wanko is funny. I've never seen so much of lolita fashion, lolita men, lolita furnishing, lolita boutiques, lolita tea parties until now Shocked

And I didn't know Ryusei no Kizuna is light=hearted or some sort of. I had avoided it like plague since I had enough of murder and mystery. But having watched Nino's dramas, I thought he might have a good script again this time. Still savouring...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hira101 wrote:
i like the performance of mishi which play a good Character in Musashi .

Mishi? Head Scratch
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Episode 4 of Attack No. 1, thought it would a bit funny and fluffy, how wrong I was, Beat You this is really one of the most intense and serious dramas I've seen, really enjoying it so far. Applaud

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:
Watching all three dramas at one go.

Didn't expect to go further than Episode 1 of Fuyu no Sakura but I got hooked
Cool! It's a case of make or break whenever the casting pairs an older woman with a younger man. In this case, the Imai Miki's magic works again as it had in 'Brand' and Takashima Masanobu as the vindictive husband makes me sit up this time. I wish they would show more scenes in Yamagata again. It was the opening scene that drew me to watch.

Deka Wanko is funny. I've never seen so much of lolita fashion, lolita men, lolita furnishing, lolita boutiques, lolita tea parties until now Shocked

And I didn't know Ryusei no Kizuna is light=hearted or some sort of. I had avoided it like plague since I had enough of murder and mystery. But having watched Nino's dramas, I thought he might have a good script again this time. Still savouring...

there is a lot of detective dramas this j-drama season, they seem ok.
Fuyu no Sakura seems like an interesting j-drama to watch, i might try that next, thanks for the insight.

for Deka Wanko, now that someone volunteered to sub'd this one, I might try it out.
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Fire Boys with Yamada Takayuki and Uchiyama Rina. It was rather episodic. Overall, at times it was good and other times slow and boring.
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished up Attack No. 1 which was surpisingly a really good drama, if you like intense sports dramas then would highly recommend this one. Applaud Now doing a rewatch of Bus Stop, really one of my favorite in the romance/comedy genre, wish Naoko was still doing dramas FT, she's always been one of my favorites. Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go, Episode 8.... Starting now. Victory! Peace!
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Through episode 3 of Summer Snow and episode 2 of Food Fight.
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Midway thru episode 11 of Bus Stop, only one more to go, hate to see it even though I've watched it a few times already. Also finished up episode 3 of both Taisetsu na Koto wa subete kimi ga oshiete kureta and Pro Golfer Hana. Mr Green

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Summer Snow is not done yet Beat You Beat You
but done with Bloody Monday season 1,,,
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

watching Untouchable epi 1 Victory! Peace!

I am a Pig-Rabbit...Victory! Peace!�I�T
7th-key

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Aishiteru to ittekure: acting was ok but the female lead character was annoying, I'd say borderline hysterical, and problems were made up where there were none...

Started 1 Rittoru no Namida: it's only ep02 and I already must have used 2 boxes of tissues. Shameful Cry
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm done with 9 episodes of Summer Snow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished watching Summer Snow

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1245, 1246, 1247 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1246 of 1375

Jump to: