jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
JDrama Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 292, 293, 294  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bbbut wrote:

You could also give Smile a try. But I am not sure, if it really fits here, because normally having a foreign father does not count as a disability, apparently not so in Japan...

Smile is an excellent drama. One of the best I've seen so far. I highly recommend this drama as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bbbut wrote:

Then it is a shame that Daisuki!! is not on your list, by far the most realistic drama dealing with a disability.

You could also give Smile a try. But I am not sure, if it really fits here, because normally having a foreign father does not count as a disability, apparently not so in Japan...

Thank you for your recommendations Smile Both sound excellent so I will add them to my list Smile I am currently watching Good Life first but I am almost at the end now.
junny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uniflame wrote:
I am also interested in watching J-drama with the focus on food.

Try Antique. It's about four guys and a cake shop, and it's really funny.

Link: http://jdorama.com/drama.579.htm

blog
Eyeyore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
Good food dramas...

King's Restaurant
Haikei, Chichuie-sama
Lunch Queen
Kuitan
Shota no Sushi

Thanks for mentioning "King's Restaurant", Tu_triky. I have not heard of it in the past. I've just completed the series yesterday. Great drama.

Uniflame wrote:
I like series that focus on disabilities or diseases. I am also interested in watching J-drama with the focus on food. Is there anything you can recommend? I like drama with a deep story but not with too much blood. So I am curious what you will come up with Smile I only have 3 eps of Mioka left so I am looking for something new Smile Thanks!

Hmmm, how about diseases with a dash of romance ?
1. Person with low IQ "Pure"
2. Person with autism "Kimi ga oshietekureta koto"

Food with a dash of romance or comedy :
1. Oishii kankei (it got making consomme for the entire week)
2. Netsuretsu Teki Oishii Gohan
3. Chuuka Hanten (it's all about rice)
4. My Little Chef ( it got me obsessed with crepe suzette)
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eyeyore wrote:
Food with a dash of romance or comedy

And some mystery:

Kuitan and Kuitan 2. Victory! Peace!
joelabu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Good Life ~Arigato, Papa. Sayonara~ �O�b�h���C�t�`���肪�Ƃ� Reply with quote Back to top

Highly recommend jdorama.. something that really touch me after so long... the last jdorama that i do the same to me is " 1 litre of tears"..
rcaladlr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm looking for dramas that are bit newer, maybe 2005 and onward. But something in a non High School setting. Not too heavy on drama, a bit lighthearted but has romance. Something like Kekkon Dekinai Otoko or others that are in an adult setting.

Thanks!
EstherM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rcaladlr wrote:
I'm looking for dramas that are bit newer, maybe 2005 and onward. But something in a non High School setting. Not too heavy on drama, a bit lighthearted but has romance. Something like Kekkon Dekinai Otoko or others that are in an adult setting.

Thanks!

Kekkon ... is hard to beat -> have you seen Love Shuffle, Moteki and Arifureta Kiseki? I liked those, mind you Arifureta is not entirely light hearted and a bit slow.
junny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rcaladlr wrote:

Thanks!

Hotaru no Hikari, perhaps? Has two seasons.

2007: http://jdorama.com/drama.1192.htm
2010: http://jdorama.com/drama.1535.htm

blog
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rcaladlr wrote:

Thanks!

Maybe Muri na Renai? I didn't find the romance very convincing but there are a lot to like about the series.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
Maybe Muri na Renai? I didn't find the romance very convincing but there are a lot to like about the series.

Yeah, I'd recommend Muri na Renai as well: Wonderful performance from Natsukawa Yui. Applaud
pash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

rcaladlr wrote:

Thanks!

Have you already watched "Tsuki No Koibito"? Again with Shinohara Ryoko I'd also suggest "Anego" and "Hanayome wa Yakudoshi!", they're both a bit light-hearted and romantic.
Other recent titles that come to my mind are "Natsu no Koi wa Nijiro ni Kagayaku" with Takeuchi Yuko and "Slow Dance" with Fukatsu Eri...and back to Shinohara Ryoko, I'd also suggest "Haken no Hinkaku" (that's much funnier than romantic, but I really loved it and maybe it could be worth a try even for you).

Victory! Peace!
rcaladlr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all your suggestions! I will check them out!

I was hoping for some romance in Hataraki Man but sadly, nothing Sad
j@cko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: funny Reply with quote Back to top

u must try rebound
it's so funny
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Uh, did you create two accounts here at J-D? Grumble
jetlagged

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm stuck on a rut and i'm looking to watch more good dramas (preferable something darker, but it doesn't have to be, as long as it's good, but yeah darker dramas, but it has to be good too, don't mind high school drama, as long as it's dark) i'm rather a bit tired of watching comedic romantic dramas about a boy and girl falling in love, i figure i need to take a break from it. something that will keep my interest from one episode to the next to keep watching and find out what happens in the next episode. i've seen a lot of jdramas, but a few that i really liked were:

LIFE was such an awesome drama, it got my blood boiling all throughout 11 episodes, the soundtrack reminded me a bit of LIAR GAME, which is another drama which I really enjoyed. Tatta Hitotsu no Koi was awesome because I could relate to the main character. Also enjoyed samurai high school, sure it was lighthearted, but it felt new refreshing and funny.

the first full jdrama i watched was Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. I've also seen dramas from Hana Kimi, Densha Otoko, Liar Game season 1, 2, and the movie, hana yori dango 1, 2 and movie, kimi wa petto, gokusen, samurai high school, 1 litre of tears, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Sunao ni Narenakute, hotaru no hikiri season 1 (trying to force myself to finish season 2, but I am just not feeling it, 5 more episodes though), nobuta no produce, nodame cantible, buzzer beat, LIFE, Smile, GTO. well that's all I can think of at the moment, i have probably seen more lol wow can't believe i've seen so many dramas , i've also seen a quite a few japanese movie, like audition, koizora, heavenly forest. that's all i can think of right now, i listed what i've seen to give a general idea.

thnx.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ It doesn't get much darker than Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi:http://www.jdorama.com/drama.657.htm

You also might try Nemureru Mori:http://www.jdorama.com/drama.278.htm

And not quite as dark, but still one of my favs, Gift: http://www.jdorama.com/drama.105.htm

And one that a lot of people liked but I didn't much care for, IWGP:http://jdorama.com/drama.483.htm
Bbbut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jetlagged wrote:
the first full jdrama i watched was Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. I've also seen dramas from Hana Kimi, Densha Otoko, Liar Game season 1, 2, and the movie, hana yori dango 1, 2 and movie, kimi wa petto, gokusen, samurai high school, 1 litre of tears, Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, Sunao ni Narenakute, hotaru no hikiri season 1 (trying to force myself to finish season 2, but I am just not feeling it, 5 more episodes though), nobuta no produce, nodame cantible, buzzer beat, LIFE, Smile, GTO. well that's all I can think of at the moment, i have probably seen more lol wow can't believe i've seen so many dramas , i've also seen a quite a few japanese movie, like audition, koizora, heavenly forest. that's all i can think of right now, i listed what i've seen to give a general idea.

You could add this list of dramas to your profile (with ratings even). It would make it easier for others to recommend you unseen dramas, plus this is kind of the purpose of the site. Naughty
gaijinmark wrote:
^ It doesn't get much darker than Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi

Oh, it sure does. hehe I highly recommend Byakuyakou.

Other 'grown-up' dramas: Pandora, Aishiteru ~ Kaiyo, Karei naru Ichizoku, Shiroi Kyoto, Love Shuffle, Ashita no Kita Yoshio, Daisuki.

Also JIN is not in your list but I assume you just forgot it. Muack
niknik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know if this site has been posted anywhere, but happened to find this at d-addicts.....

Project "Restoration"
Rare and old doramas restoration project

http://raredoramas.info/
arcminute

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Recomendations Reply with quote Back to top

For food, Ando Natsu is a light and breezy series about an apprentice in an Asakusa sweets shop. For light romance, almost anything starring Kimura Takuya, and somewhat dark, with comedy and some extreme violence, Keizoku 2 SPEC. I have not seen rhe first season, but Toda Erika deserved her 67th Television Drama Academy Award for best actress on this one. Also won for screenwriting and direction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 272, 273, 274 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
Page 273 of 294

Jump to: