jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1269, 1270, 1271 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Finished epi 6 of Bull Doctor. The person doing the subs translated one of the characters lines as "Now I am freed from my anguish." Unfortunately,those of us in the viewing audience can't say the same thing. bleh

rofl rofl rofl

p.s.
I'm halfway through the 2nd season of "Boss", I'm not liking it much... Grumble
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently viewing Haken no Oscar, unsubbed but it seems to be a really good one, also Namida wo Fuite, up to episode 8, can't find a complete cast list for it though, lot of faces which look familiar but can't find out who they are, namely who played the teacher Eriko and who played the OL at their company, Maki. Nut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

started REAL CLOTHES, doesn't seems to be bad but I was expecting a little more. But stille there's Kuroki Hitomi so it's a good reason to watch.

50 and hot as hell! Bonk
EstherM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Public holiday yesterday, and rained all day long so I started Zenkai Girl, Don Quixote (thanks to Gaijinmark) and the quite sad Soredemo, ikite iku. All three are enjoyable but the best script and acting has to be Soredemo. The other two don't take themselves too seriously.
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Asuko March
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently watching a trio of dramas. Finished 3 episodes of Galileo with Shibasaki Kou and Fukuyama Masaharu. So far, I think it's an above average detective drama. Also watching Zenkai Girl, which has been good so far. I'm also watching Keitai Sousakan 7, a somewhat wierd but interesting show with a walking, talking cell phone, a high school kid, and a secret detective agency.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Finished epi 6 of Bull Doctor. The person doing the subs translated one of the characters lines as "Now I am freed from my anguish." Unfortunately,those of us in the viewing audience can't say the same thing. bleh

Hmmmm...

One episode of Bull Doctor was enough for me...Beaten
Made it through three episodes of Zenkai Girl. Gakky is cute, but Nishikido still irritates the hell out of me, especially this kind of role.
Three episodes of Hanawake no Yon Shimai mainly to see Kichise Michiko in a lighter role and I like Kanjiya Shihori, but dropped this one too.

Which leaves me with the two I'm still watching, and on opposite ends of the spectrum. Yuusha Yoshihiko to Maou no Shiro is one of the funniest jdramas I've watched in a long time. Yamada Takayuki and cast must have had tons of fun doing this "Low Budget Action Adventure Story."
And Soredemo, Ikite Yuku. Another serious, well written and acted drama by the writer of "Mother." Kudos to Eita and Mitsushima Hikari. Applaud
WD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

+2 for Yuusha Yoshihiko and Soredemo Ikiteyuku. Smile

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
pash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished watching "Boss 2": there were some good moments and a coupla good episodes, but that was it; imho it's much worse than the 1st season (Toda Erika was soon replaced with Hasegawa Kyoko, and that also contributed to my disliking of this season...Sweat ); the humour bits were much less funny (you can only laugh that much about Yamamu's iron wig, c'mon) and the plots were mostly poorly written, again imho.

5/10

p.s.
I dunno if it counts as a dorama, but I also watched the first 3 eps. of "Fukatsu Eri no BURAKOME" (thanks to raredoramas.info and to unsolvedcases.livejournal.com)...it's quite weird here and there, but I still liked it (hey, there's Fukacchan, ok? Mr Green )

Last edited by pash on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
xiangmei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arnel98 wrote:
Anyway, started CITY HUNTER....
I thought its gonna be a true-to-manga City Hunter but its not.
However, I'm not complaining... I think this is one of the better revenge-thriller series I've seen so far... Cinematography is quite nice, directing and scripting seems quite good as well...

I'm almost done with City Hunter. I've got 2 more weeks to go as I am watching the TV broadcast locally. I'm not familiar with the manga, but I am enjoying the drama. How many episodes have you seen?
xiangmei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:
Is that a drama based on the anime?

I've seen the Ouran Anime and it's very similar. It is like watching a live action version. I haven't gotten very far into the Ouran manga, but it's on my to do list.

Hana Kimi 2011 is similar to the 2007 version of the drama, but there are differences in the story line. I'm about 4 episodes in and am enjoying it, but I still prefer the 2007 version at this point.
furia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently viewing Umizaru, just started but I like it , also Nihonjin no shiranai nihongo, up to episode 4, funny`cause I`m japanese teacher too
arnel98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xiangmei wrote:

I'm almost done with City Hunter. I've got 2 more weeks to go as I am watching the TV broadcast locally. I'm not familiar with the manga, but I am enjoying the drama. How many episodes have you seen?

I've finished watching it - really enjoyed every episode...
Its quite well done w00t!
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished up Namida wo Fuite, solid drama and one that was enjoyable but thought it was going to be a bit better. Also episode 8 of Oishii Kankei, can't finish it soon enough, Beaten think next will be an oldie but goldie one, DK. Mr Green

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Go, Episode 25, on broadcast TV.
pash

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Past halfway through "Wonderful Life", I'm liking it so far (nothing great, but quite watchable imho)
Eve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xiangmei wrote:

I've seen the Ouran Anime and it's very similar. It is like watching a live action version. I haven't gotten very far into the Ouran manga, but it's on my to do list.

Hana Kimi 2011 is similar to the 2007 version of the drama, but there are differences in the story line. I'm about 4 episodes in and am enjoying it, but I still prefer the 2007 version at this point.

Im ready for something light again.
Yellow Card started a bit sad for me.

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
xploring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started Yuusha Maou the RPG drama this season. It's just as funny and enjoyable as everyone says it is. ^^ I don't play RPG but still laughed every episode. Give it a try if you are looking something light and funny.
pash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished watching Wonderful Life, it wasn't great nor anything new, but who cares, I liked it...Sorimachi was the same old self , Hasegawa was ages better (both in looks and in acting) than in Boss 2, and among the supporting cast I will particularly mention Yashima Norito, imho he was great.

8/10

Oh, and they kept showing Seibu Dome, which (to my great shame, being a Hanshin fan...Sweat ) is my fave japanese ballpark...Mr Green
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pash wrote:
Finished watching Wonderful Life, it wasn't great nor anything new, but who cares, I liked it...Sorimachi was the same old self , Hasegawa was ages better (both in looks and in acting) than in Boss 2, and among the supporting cast I will particularly mention Yashima Norito, imho he was great.

8/10

Oh, and they kept showing Seibu Dome, which (to my great shame, being a Hanshin fan...Sweat ) is my fave japanese ballpark...Mr Green

If you liked Sorimachi in that check out Dream Again, another baseball drama with him, he was okay(for him) in that one too, no Kyoko but Ai Kato is quite good in that one. Victory! Peace!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1269, 1270, 1271 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1270 of 1375

Jump to: