jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
American Football (NFL, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 237, 238, 239  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

49ers beat the Eagles, 24-23.

My 49ers are now 3-1. Applaud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mrsmith10 wrote:
My 49ers are now 3-1. Applaud

They should be 4-0... They shouldn't have lost to the Plowboys.
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

They should be 4-0... They shouldn't have lost to the Plowboys.

That's true, but Philadelphia also should have beat the 49ers today, after leading 23-3. I think it makes up for the game against Dallas that they should have won.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mrsmith10 wrote:
That's true, but Philadelphia also should have beat the 49ers today, after leading 23-3. I think it makes up for the game against Dallas that they should have won.

True.

And I guess Dallas' loss was a make up for beating the Niners. Mr Green

Watching the Ravens-Jets game... What a comedy of (offensive) errors: Four defensive touchdowns and one kickoff return for a TD. Nut Crazy
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ravens dominate the Jets, 34-17.
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice bounce-back win for the Pats. Great to see the running game show up. So for Ridley is proving the pre-season was for real. Welker continues to be invaluable.
The downside was the loss of Mayo. This defense is already weak. Sweat

Cowboys aren't showing up for the second half of games.

Newton continues to make it close but Carolina lost again.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
Nice bounce-back win for the Pats. Great to see the running game show up. So for Ridley is proving the pre-season was for real. Welker continues to be invaluable.
The downside was the loss of Mayo. This defense is already weak. Sweat

But there's Wilfork: two picks in two games, huh? Mr Green
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Colts lose to the Bucs, 24-17. Sad
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Political genius...

"Monday Night Football' intro pulled after Hank Williams Jr.

By the CNN Wire Staff
2011-10-04T01:22:31Z

(CNN) -- For the first time in years, "Monday Night Football" viewers did not hear Hank Williams Jr.'s intro "Are You Ready for Some Football?" after ESPN pulled the song from the broadcast following remarks Williams made about President Barack Obama.

In an appearance on Fox News' "Fox and Friends" Monday morning, Williams referred to a June golf game with Obama and House Speaker John Boehner on the same team, against Vice President Joe Biden and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, as "one of the biggest political mistakes ever."

Asked what he didn't like about it, Williams said, "Come on. That'd be like (Adolf) Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu. Not hardly."

In a statement Monday, ESPN said that while Williams "is not an ESPN employee, we recognize that he is closely linked to our company through the open to "Monday Night Football." We are extremely disappointed with his comments and as a result we have decided to pull the open from tonight's telecast."

In a statement issued through a representative, Williams, son of legendary country singer Hank Williams, acknowledged his analogy was "extreme -- but it was to make a point."

"Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood," the country singer said. "... I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me -- how ludicrous that pairing was. They're polar opposites, and it made no sense. They don't see eye-to-eye and never will."

Williams, however, said he has "always respected the office of the president."

Still, he noted, "Every time the media brings up the tea party, it's painted as racist and extremists -- but there's never a backlash, no outrage to those comparisons ... Working-class people are hurting -- and it doesn't seem like anybody cares. When both sides are high-fiving it on the ninth hole when everybody else is without a job -- it makes a whole lot of us angry. Something has to change. The policies have to change."
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Good. Applaud Applaud Applaud

Never liked the crapass song... It wore out its welcome after its debut. bleh
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I saw the video on the web where Hank was sharing his politcal views on Fox News. Damn, he sounded pathetically ignorant.
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I love that song. Hank Williams might be a dumbass, but I can listen to the Monday night football song all-day long if I was given the chance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mrsmith10 wrote:
I love that song. Hank Williams might be a dumbass, but I can listen to the Monday night football song all-day long if I was given the chance.

Not me.

Makes me glad they took MNF off the air to ESPN.
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't dislike the song. But honestly, I didn't notice it wasn't played. It was only when I heard them talking about the issue on the radio the next day.
suzzy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Colts lose to the Bucs, 24-17. Sad
Now my boys r 0-4 ashamed ashamed ashamed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

suzzy wrote:
Now my boys r 0-4 ashamed ashamed ashamed

Long season for the Colts. Sad
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Troy Polamalu at Madame Tussaud's in Hollywood... Funny stuff. hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MBkDhsaUnU&feature=player_embedded

niknik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love him or hate him, He's part of what made the NFL what it is today.....

Longtime Raiders owner Al Davis dies

Updated Oct 8, 2011 11:00 AM ET

The NFL has lost one of its most influential and colorful figures.

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis has died at the age of 82. The news was announced Saturday morning on the team�fs web site. No other details were immediately available.

Davis�f career in football dates back to 1950. He served as a coach, general manager and even commissioner (in the American Football League that merged with the NFL in 1970) before becoming the Raiders�f principal owner in 1972.

Under his ownership tenure, Oakland won three Super Bowl titles. Davis also holds the record for most Hall of Fame induction speeches given with nine for players and coaches who worked under him, including John Madden and the late Gene Upshaw.

Davis helped revolutionized offense in the early 1960s by implementing an aggressive passing he referred to as the �gvertical game.�h Davis�f other fabled mantra was �gJust win, baby!�h The Raiders did that for most of Davis�f tenure, posting 34 seasons of .500 or better in his 48 years with the franchise.

With his silver-and-black athletic suits, dark sunglasses and slicked-back hair, Davis didn�ft usually dress like other NFL team owners. He was known as a maverick when moving his franchise from Oakland to Los Angeles and back. Davis wasn�ft afraid to fight for what he believed in and famously butted heads with former NFL commissioner Pete Rozelle about the league�fs direction.

Davis built a franchise with a hardcore fan following that remains strong today despite an eight-year streak without a playoff appearance. He also remained closely involved with the franchise despite failing health. Raiders defensive end Jarvis Moss sent a Twitter message Tuesday night about a conversation he had with Davis that day.

�gJust got a humbling phone call from Mr. Davis himself!�h Moss wrote. �gSo much respect for what he represents to the game of football.�h

Moss isn�ft the only one who feels that way as will be evidenced by the forthcoming myriad of tributes in the wake of Davis�f passing.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Like Steinbrenner, he started off okay, then got full of himself and didn't know when to let go...

RIP.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
^ Like Steinbrenner, he started off okay, then got full of himself and didn't know when to let go...

RIP.

He will be fondly remembered for his role in Goonies.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 208 of 239

Jump to: