jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Trick series (1, 2, 3, SP, Movie, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amrayu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Geezer's not that regular a poster, but better than before since I started dogging him about his lack of posts... Nice guy (no surprise since he's a Ryoko-chan fan Rolling eyes hehe ) and is a pretty big dorama fan from what I can tell... I'll e-mail him for ya and check on the status of Trick/Trick2...

oh sounds like he is a nice guy, i hope he can help me out. and youre a nice guy too.. Wink
doumo arigato bmwracer!!! m(_ _)m
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

amrayu wrote:

oh sounds like he is a nice guy, i hope he can help me out. and youre a nice guy too.. Wink
doumo arigato bmwracer!!! m(_ _)m

Do itashimashite... Big Grin

I'll keep you posted.
Coolman25

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Why Hasn't Trick been subbed? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking of subbing Trick (off the chinese subtitles), but i'm very curious as to why anyone else hasn't done it. Is it licensed? Too difficult to do? Lack of interest? And yes, i know that it was aired in SoCal (i live there), but is that enough to stop people from subbing it and bringing it to the community?
deleted_user

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maybe because the words they used in Trick is hard to translate...
by the way... it's cool of u to translate it... but I heard that chinese translation are not very precise..

but well... just do what u want Wink
groink

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zaza_tk87 wrote:
maybe because the words they used in Trick is hard to translate...
by the way... it's cool of u to translate it... but I heard that chinese translation are not very precise..

We tried that once as an experiment while working on UTSR... I asked a Japanese speaker what the spoken words were in English, and gave a Chinese translator a screenshot of the Chinese subs to translate to English. About half the time the two translations were of a similar context but totally different ways of saying it.

So the real trick to subbing, for me at least, is not only to translate the Japanese spoken language, but also to re-write what was said in English the way the character would have said it if he/she were actually speaking in English. For example, a kid and an adult would say the same thing contextually, but using different levels of grammar. I think this part takes the most amount of time in the subbing process.

--- groink
amrayu

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trick is hard to sub, because of the word play involved in the Japanese language.
If you were to sub directly from the Chinese subtitles, some translations can be TOTALLY off.
Quote:

And yes, i know that it was aired in SoCal (i live there), but is that enough to stop people from subbing it and bringing it to the community?

Answer to this is YES. Why go through the trouble when you know there's a english subtitled version already?? Most fansub groups wouldn't even try it unless it's a very good series (like long vacation, GTO, beautiful life..). I'm not saying Trick is not good, its the number 1 requested drama from my dorama distro. But I guess theres not enough interest to go through the fansubbing process for this series. Also since Trick has 3 seasons, if someone were to start Trick 1, they would have to complete the other 2 seasons to be consistent right??? Also imagine buying Trick seasons 1-3 on DVD!!! That would cost over $600.00. it's a big responsibility (and project) to take on. Be ready to spend 3-6 hours for 1 episode. Sweat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mvc

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we could try to convince Kiku to license it. They've subbed many more obscure dramas. Wishful thinking, I guess. Smile
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah.. most of the stuff in trick are really not interesting unless you understand their japanese meaning.. i've seen a subbed version of trick on tv in singapore.. and i think it doesn't work.. Shake Head
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RedRum

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first two episodes was subbed by Dustoff (hangs around a.b.m.j newsgroup). Dustoff sub was very good. But he stopped after that I think.
ruroshin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A trader that I frequently trade with told me she will be receiving Trick 1 and 2 soon and she says they have english subs. So if/when she gets them and confirms that they do indeed have english subs then I'll be trading with her and I'll post it on d-addicts if all the above is true.

edit: oh yeah I'd assume she meant Trick season 1 and 2 and not episode 1 and 2...well I hope so...hrm better double check.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Hasn't Trick been subbed? Reply with quote Back to top

Coolman25 wrote:
I'm thinking of subbing Trick (off the chinese subtitles), but i'm very curious as to why anyone else hasn't done it. Is it licensed? Too difficult to do? Lack of interest? And yes, i know that it was aired in SoCal (i live there), but is that enough to stop people from subbing it and bringing it to the community?

Eh?? What're you talking about? Trick 1 and 2 have been subbed.... I've got both on DVDR... *scratches head*
ruroshin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Why Hasn't Trick been subbed? Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Eh?? What're you talking about? Trick 1 and 2 have been subbed.... I've got both on DVDR... *scratches head*

well then...share Smile
Takez0

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ruroshin wrote:
A trader that I frequently trade with told me she will be receiving Trick 1 and 2 soon and she says they have english subs. So if/when she gets them and confirms that they do indeed have english subs then I'll be trading with her and I'll post it on d-addicts if all the above is true.

edit: oh yeah I'd assume she meant Trick season 1 and 2 and not episode 1 and 2...well I hope so...hrm better double check.

Cool

I find it strange also since it was broadcasted, and no one captured?

We tried a project on the newsgroup with Dust-off as mentioned, but the webpage where the files were being host went down, and so did the project, unfortunately, since Dust off knowledge in Japanese is very vast <<I'm starting to sound like delsxyz Google
KouSeiya315

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takez0 wrote:
I'm starting to sound like delsxyz Google

hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

lol lol lol lol lol
kumukurukuk

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there were some Trick 1 and 2 dvd with english subs on ebay, a while back when i was looking around. I'm not sure about trick 1 since It was a while back so my memory may not be accurate but I definitely saw DVD of Trick 2 with english subs.
ruroshin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've confirmed with my trader that it is indeed Trick season 1 and 2 on DVD-R. When I get it, I'll BT it Wink
eltinator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wanna watch trick also! Mr Green
amrayu

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kumukurukuk wrote:
there were some Trick 1 and 2 dvd with english subs on ebay, a while back when i was looking around. I'm not sure about trick 1 since It was a while back so my memory may not be accurate but I definitely saw DVD of Trick 2 with english subs.

Yes Trick 2 is available with english subs (its a Taiwanese DVD version. Unique Video) the subs aren't perfect, but pretty decent and bearable. I have this set.
Trick 1 isn't available with english subs, just chinese and or malay i think.
So i bought the dvds off of Gojira. He captured them from his VHS tapes and put them on DVD-r. The quality isn't fantastic or anything and theres some blips here and there (for 10 minutes in episode 1, the video and audio was out of sync!!!! i edited it though..) Rolling eyes
eltinator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

amrayu wrote:

Yes Trick 2 is available with english subs (its a Taiwanese DVD version. Unique Video) the subs aren't perfect, but pretty decent and bearable. I have this set.
Trick 1 isn't available with english subs, just chinese and or malay i think.
So i bought the dvds off of Gojira. He captured them from his VHS tapes and put them on DVD-r. The quality isn't fantastic or anything and theres some blips here and there (for 10 minutes in episode 1, the video and audio was out of sync!!!! i edited it though..) Rolling eyes

audio/video synchness... *shivers* hehe hehe hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Why Hasn't Trick been subbed? Reply with quote Back to top

ruroshin wrote:
well then...share Smile

I'd like to, but there's a slight problem: no DVD burner. Sad

And I'm on dialup. Sad Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 8 of 44

Jump to: