jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japan - News/General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 163, 164, 165  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eve

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

brad2 wrote:
I didn't know that cannabalism was legal in Japan.

Im guessing they dont have a law as they havent needed to befoe this.

Its a little scary what it might be a door opener for. Sweat

Perhaps serving parts from the unwilling. Shocked

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/
niknik

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ That is sick. Sweat
brad2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mao Sugiyama had genitalia surgically removed and frozen. He then later cooked and served himself to five diners who paid about $200 for the feast. He apparently insists that he is asexual and wished to prove his beliefs. He is 22 years old. I do feel rather sorry for him.

Regarding cannabalism..it is not against the law in most countries. I suppose it is not practised in most places, so laws are not thought to be needed.

It's a funny old world.....
kenjilina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A discovery made in an ancient tomb near Kyoto may be a sign that the influence of the Roman empire reached the edge of Asia.

Glass jewellery believed to have been manufactured by Roman craftsmen was found in the Japanese tomb.

Three glass beads that were probably made sometimes between the first and fourth centuries AD were found in a fifth-century tomb in Nagaoka, Kyoto Prefecture. The beads were made using natron, a chemical substance that was used by Roman craftsmen to melt glass, according to the Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties.

The Tokyo times.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kenjilina wrote:
A discovery made in an ancient tomb near Kyoto may be a sign that the influence of the Roman empire reached the edge of Asia.

Glass jewellery believed to have been manufactured by Roman craftsmen was found in the Japanese tomb.

Three glass beads that were probably made sometimes between the first and fourth centuries AD were found in a fifth-century tomb in Nagaoka, Kyoto Prefecture. The beads were made using natron, a chemical substance that was used by Roman craftsmen to melt glass, according to the Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties.

The Tokyo times.

I read this over the weekend. Smile
Eve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

I read this over the weekend. Smile

Doesn't surprise me. Adventurers have always risked the trip. Victory! Peace!

Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

Doesn't surprise me. Adventurers have always risked the trip. Victory! Peace!

I'll tell you this. I tripped in Osaka and cut my arm because I was drunk. True story.
Eve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

I'll tell you this. I tripped in Osaka and cut my arm because I was drunk. True story.

Now that's pushing the envelope. Glad you made it back in one piece or so. Sweat

Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

Now that's pushing the envelope. Glad you made it back in one piece or so. Sweat

More like I was pushing the pavement with my flesh, or at least trying to do so.

It's all about a traveler's travails. Take the good with the bad.
Eve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

More like I was pushing the pavement with my flesh, or at least trying to do so.

It's all about a traveler's travails. Take the good with the bad.

Well thats one way to leave a piece of you in Japan. Mr Green

Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eve wrote:

Well thats one way to leave a piece of you in Japan. Mr Green

It ain't like leaving your heart in San Francisco...oh well.
kenjilina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Japan and South Korea on Friday postponed signing their first-ever military accord, aimed at sharing classified information, due to a last-minute request from Seoul amid concern about a public backlash over the strengthening of cooperation with the former colonial ruler of the Korean Peninsula.

The postponement, announced around 20 minutes before the planned signing ceremony in Tokyo at 4 p.m., reflects how difficult it is for the two countries to work together amid South Korea's lingering resentment over Japan's 1910-1945 colonial rule of the Korean Peninsula.

South Korea's decision came on the heels of a request from the ruling Saenuri Party, in a sudden reversal of its earlier stance, to President Lee Myung Bak's government to delay the signing to allow the National Assembly to review the politically sensitive issue.

Lee Hahn Koo, the party's floor leader, told reporters the ruling party believes the pact "runs contrary to public sentiment and it is not acceptable to try to sign the pact hurriedly."

The Japan times.
kenjilina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BREAKING: M5.4 quake jolts Kanto, Tokai regions at 11:31AM JST no tsunami warning issued.

The Tokyo times.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Oh, thank Heaven: http://japandailypress.com/japanese-7-elevens-to-begin-home-delivery-with-one-seat-electric-toyotas-035804

So what are they going to be delivering to the old folk? Instant ramen, tobacco, and cheese curls?

I think it's a noble idea but the food offerings of the typical combeni aren't exactly the type of eats which helped contribute to the longevity of the Japanese population.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's something I'm sure every actress wants on her resume:

Kutsuna Shiori named 'Natto Queen'

On July 3rd, actress Kutsuna Shiori was appointed as the �e2012 Natto Queen�e at a small ceremony in Tokyo.

The title is given to beautiful celebrities with a sound mind and body. Kutsuna clearly meets those conditions, and on top of that, she is known for loving natto (fermented soybeans). However, she still was a bit perplexed about this award. She commented frankly after receiving the certificate and the trophy, �gI don�ft know why they picked me. I didn�ft even know such an award existed.�h

Kutsuna is said to have been a fan of natto since childhood and has often eaten it back in Australia. With a smile she explained, �gI don�ft know what started it, but I have become addicted to natto again for a whole year now.�h

The �eNatto Queen�f always gets appointed on the national �eNatto Day�f and many of Kutsuna�fs seniors from the same agency have already received this novel honor, including Kikukawa Rei and Ueto Aya.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Is that a subtle way of telling the actress "You Stink?" hehe
kenjilina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

natto? don't know how anyone can eat that s***! bleh
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kenjilina wrote:
natto? don't know how anyone can eat that s***! bleh

It takes some getting used to. Whatever you do, DON'T eat it without soy sauce and mustard. No!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158 ... 163, 164, 165  Next
Page 157 of 165

Jump to: