jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Upcoming JDramas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 146, 147, 148  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On May 30, it was announced that actress Eikura Nana is going to star as a female teacher in the upcoming TBS drama �eYoru no Onna Kyoshi�e (tentative title).

The drama features an original script about three female women who look and act like ordinary teachers at a senior high school during the day, but at night they become unique �gproblem solvers�h for various students in return for money.

Eikura is going to play a general chemistry teacher and guidance counselor by the name of Yuko who displays her extraordinary leadership skills in front of her students during the day. However, at night she�fs far from your average teacher and freely breaks laws in order to help various students with their problems in return for an exorbitant sum of money. Working together with her are Ichikawa Mikako as Sumire, a teacher of Classics, and Kobayashi Satomi as Aya, an art teacher. However, their activities are strongly opposed by the new teacher for modern Japanese, Haruka – played by Kimura Fumino.

TBS is going to air �eYoru no Onna Kyoshi�f every Friday at 10:00 pm, starting in July.

And there's this one. Back in the '70s there was a Faye Dunaway movie called "The Eyes of Laura Mars". This sounds like pretty much the same thing:

Model and actress Yamada Yu is going to star in the upcoming NTV mystery drama �eVISION Koroshi ga Mieru Onna�e. It will be Yamada�fs first drama role since her marriage with actor Oguri Shun on March 14.

In the drama, Yamada portrays an unpopular fashion model who suddenly develops the ability to see murder scenes before the murders occur. Together with a temporarily suspended detective, played by Kaneko Nobuaki, they begin to use her unique precognition – her �gVISION�h – in order to solve various difficult crimes. The original script is written by Iida Jouji (�eNIGHT HEAD�f, �eGift�f, �eSasho Taeko – Saigo no Jiken�f).

Katsumura Masanobu is also going to appear in the drama as the manager of the protagonist�fs model agency.

NTV will air �eVISION Koroshi ga Mieru Onna�f every Thursday at 11:58 pm, starting on July 5.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

5 more actors announced for 'Higashino Keigo Mysteries'

On June 14th, Fuji TV announced five more actors who will star on their upcoming omnibus drama experiment �eHigashino Keigo Mysteries�e.

�eHigashino Keigo Mysteries�f will consist of 11 episodes, and feature 11 of Higashino Keigo�fs best short stories as well as 11 different actors. Higashino is most prominently known for his amazing mystery novels in which he is able to incorporate various tones from dead serious to almost comedic to just eerie. Condensed into short stories that only last for a single episode, Fuji TV is aiming to offer their viewers a fresh viewing experience and a Higashino story at its best.

Five of the stories along with their respective starring actors – including Karasawa Toshiaki, Matsushita Nao, Mizuki Alisa, Sorimachi Takashi, and Nagasawa Masami – were already announced. Moreover, it was revealed that actor Nakai Kiichi is going to serve as a story guide at the beginning of each episode. Today they announced another batch of five stories, making us curious what story they are going to select for the 11th episode.

The five new stories include �eSaisei Majutsu no Onna�e starring Suzuki Kyoka, �eHannin no Inai Satsujin no Yoru�e starring Sakaguchi Kenji, �eShiroi Kyoki�e starring Toda Erika, �eChiisa na Koi no Monogatari�e starring Miura Haruma, and �eKekkon Hokoku�e starring Hirosue Ryoko. A total of ten actors have been revealed, and one more actor/actress will be announced at a later time.

Higashino himself commented, �gThey are all such wonderful actors. I�fm really looking forward it.�h

Fuji TV is going to air �eHigashino Keigo Mysteries�f every Thursday at 10:00 pm, and the first episode will be broadcast on July 5th.

Source: Sanspo
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kusakari Tamiyo will star in NHK�fs new drama �gNemureru Mori no Jukujo�g, which will begin airing in September. After retiring as a ballerina in 2009, Kusakari started a new career path as an actress. She made her drama debut in NHK�fs Taiga drama �gRyomaden�h (2010), and this will be the first time for her to take a lead role in a drama.

This drama will be a love comedy between the heroine �eAizawa Chinami�f (Kusakari), 46-year-old housewife, who is under divorce mediation, and �fTakaoka Yusuke�f, a son of the owner of a global hotel chain. The role of Takaoka will be played by Seto Koji.

One day, �eChinami�f is given divorce papers by her husband (Haba Yuichi) as he wants to re-marry with his old classmate and first love from junior high school (Moriguchi Yoko). In order to keep the parental custody over her son, she starts working at a luxury hotel, and meets �eYusuke�f who is commonly called as �eprince�f because of his perfect character in public, however, behind closed doors he has a very terrible and mean personality.

�gNemureru Mori no Jukujo�h will air from September 4th to October 30th with a total 9 episodes.

Source: Oricon
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Popular child actress Ashida Mana and actor Toyokawa Etsushi recently appeared at a press conference for their upcoming drama, �eBeautiful Rain�e.

The drama portrays the love and bond between a father and daughter. Kinoshita Keisuke (played by Toyokawa) is diagnosed with juvenile Alzheimer�fs Disease, and he must face the disease together with his daughter Miu (Ashida).

Ashida shared an episode from their filming saying, �gThere was a scene where I had to ride on my dad�fs shoulders. It was really high up, and I felt I was at the very top of a roller coaster ride. It was really fun.�h

Toyokawa commented, �gThe time with Mana-chan was like a beautiful jewel. My first impression? Such a pretty girl.�h

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/06/ashida-mana-toyokawa-etsushi-appear-at-a-press-conference-for-their-upcoming-drama-2/#disqus_thread
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's more on the Miyazaki, Abe, Yamaguchi drama:

On July 10th, it was announced that Miyazaki Aoi, Abe Hiroshi, and Yamaguchi Tomoko will be starring in an upcoming Fuji TV fall drama whose title has yet to be announced.

This drama is certainly going to be on everyone�fs minds after today�fs headlines, since it features three huge and amazing stars. While Abe is still familiar among drama viewers, Miyazaki hasn�ft been appearing in a commercial network drama since �eShiawase no Shippo�e (TBS) in 2002. Her last starring role on TV in general was in the 2008 taiga drama �eAtsuhime�e on the public network NHK. Yamaguchi�fs last serial drama appearance even dates back to �eLong Vacation�e (Fuji TV) in 1996.

The directing and the script will be handled by world renowned movie director Koreeda Hirokazu (�eKiseki�f, �eAir Doll�f).

The story of this fall drama will revolve around a 40-year-old company employee (Abe) and his wife (Yamaguchi). Together they face various all too familiar family problems. This home drama atmosphere will be spiced up by a mysterious beauty (Miyazaki) whom the protagonist happens to meet one day. For some reason she begins to probe into matters related to his family, manipulates him without his knowledge and sometimes blurts out some crucial hints that will help solving the puzzle that she is.

Not much else is known about this drama yet, but the producer described Miyazaki�fs role as follows: �gShe�fs a puzzling, beautiful and strong woman who doesn�ft seem to be affected by the hustle and bustle of the urban jungle at all. Her beauty is both refined and graceful. When I was talking with director Koreeda about the casting of this role, we only were able to think of Miyazaki.�h

Miyazaki herself commented, �gThe characters in Koreeda�fs works are always so full of live. He�fs a fantastic director and I�fm happy to be a part of his new project.�h

She continued, �gIt makes me nervous to film together with two such big seniors. I�fll treasure the time we�fll be able to live together as part of this drama and will make sure to enjoy the months of filming ahead of us.�h

Abe is looking forward to it as well. He said, �gMiyazaki�fs acting is very refined and I can�ft wait to work together with her.�h

Fuji TV is planning to air this drama every Tuesday at 10:00 pm. The first episode is scheduled to be broadcast sometime in October. More details such as the drama�fs title are most liked going to be revealed within the coming weeks.

bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Looks interesting, especially with the actors involved. Victory! Peace!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SMAP member Katori Shingo and actor/singer Yamashita Tomohisa will be starring in the new TBS drama �gMONSTERS�g! This drama which revolves around a pair of detectives, and this will be the first time for both Katori and Yamashita to act as detectives.

Katori�fs role will be a detective at the First Investigation Division of the Metropolitan Police Department, named �fHiratsuka Heihachi�f who is cheap, makeshift, though he always puts a smile on his face and is an extremely civil-spoken person. Hiratsuka exposes a person�fs hidden face and the true nature of human relations, and solves cases by brazenly getting to the core of the person. On the other hand, Yamashita�fs role �eSaionji Kosuke�f is a pure and honest rookie detective who is a son of noble family and filled with strong morals.

�gMONSTERS�h will start airing in October on TBS (every Sunday at 9:00 pm).

Source: MANTAN WEB
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Sounds like a fangirl version of Aibo. bleh
junny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
SMAP member Katori Shingo and actor/singer Yamashita Tomohisa will be starring in the new TBS drama �gMONSTERS�g!

Two non-actors... sounds like a monster nightmare all right.

blog
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Two non-actors... sounds like a monster nightmare all right.

LOL. hehe
Aya_Man_1988

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any upcoming Dramas with women in the lead? And with women, I mean high school girls to office ladies. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ There's two I've noticed this summer, "Ghost Mama Sousasen": http://jdorama.com/drama.1754.htm
The synopsis sounds kind of cheesy, but it's got Mirai Shida and Ikki Sawamura as well.
Also it's a Yankumi drama and her dramas are usually either pretty good ("Trick", "Arifureta Kiseki") or very bad ( "Untouchable", "Joshi Deka").

Also there is "Rich Man, Poor Woman": http://jdorama.com/drama.1751.htm
Shun Oguri is the male lead but Satomi Ishihara is the female lead. Looks like it might be interesting.
It also has Saki Aibu in it, and the last time I saw her was in "Kaseifu no Mita". While Nanako Matsushima was huge in that, Saki actually showed some acting skills so I'm curious to see if that was a fluke or not.
Aya_Man_1988

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
^ There's two I've noticed this summer, "Ghost Mama Sousasen": http://jdorama.com/drama.1754.htm
The synopsis sounds kind of cheesy, but it's got Mirai Shida and Ikki Sawamura as well.
Also it's a Yankumi drama and her dramas are usually either pretty good ("Trick", "Arifureta Kiseki") or very bad ( "Untouchable", "Joshi Deka").

Thanks! I will keep an eye out for this one, especially. I'm a big fan of Nakama Yukie, so I hope it'll get subbed. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ghost Mama's 1st episode is surprisingly good.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Motokariya Yuika is going to star star as a hostess turned lawyer in the upcoming NHK BS Premium fall drama, �eSoko wo Nantoka�e. It will be Motokariya�fs first NHK drama since �eFight�e in 2005.

Motokariya�fs character �eKaise Rakuko�f is coming from a poor household and always wanted to become a lawyer in order to escape from poverty. In order to pay for her school expenses, she works as a hostess. She studies hard and eventually passes the bar examination, however, open positions for lawyers are rare these days. Fortunately she utilizes a connection from her time as a hostess and finds employment at a tiny law office.

At the law office, she has no choice but to accept small cases that won�ft earn her any money. Moreover, she keeps on piling up failures case after case. However, things get better over time and she not only becomes a better lawyer but also a more mature person.

The story is based on a manga of the same name by mangaka Aso Mikoto, which is still being serialized in the shoujo manga magazine, �eMELODY�e. There are several more key characters who will be played by Ichikawa Ennosuke, MEGUMI, Igarashi Shunji, Maeda Oshiro, Takeda Kohei, Inoue Waka, and Otomo Kohei. The filming is planned to begin on July 22nd.

�eSoko wo Nantoka�f is scheduled to start airing on NHK BS Premium in October.

Source: Cinema Today
xploring

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On July 26th, it was revealed that young actress Nounen Rena was chosen to play the heroine in the next year�fs morning drama �eAmachan�e, which will start airing right after the next morning drama �eJun to Ai�e in April 2013.

She hardly had one day to fathom the good news before having to attend the press conference at the NHK office in Shibuya, Tokyo that day. She stated as she looked back at the moment she received the news, �hYesterday I was suddenly told �eyou were chosen�f. I was so excited and started breathing so heavily through my nose that it felt like I was going to lift off any moment.�h

Famed scriptwriter and director Kudo Kankuro (�eMaiko Haaaan!!!�e, �eTiger & Dragon�e) will be in charge of the original script of �eAmachan�f, which seems to be one more reason for Nounen to be that excited. She jokingly explained, �gI�fve always wanted to appear in one of his works and continuously sent him �eradio waves�f across the screen to make it happen.�h

�eAmachan�f will be set in a small rural town in North Sanriku, Tohoku. It revolves around a female high school student named �eAmano Aki�f from Tokyo who struggles to be a female shell diver at her mother�fs hometown and eventually becomes a local idol and symbol of the town�fs revitalization.

Nounen is an up-and-coming actress who finally landed her first starring role in this drama by beating the rest of the 1,953 girls who applied for the role of �eAki�f at the large-scale audition organized by NHK. She made her acting debut two years ago in the movie �eKokuhaku�e (�eConfessions�e) and has already appeared in several movies and dramas since then. In the second half of 2012, she�fs also going to appear in two more movies – �eKarasu no Oyayubi�e (November 23rd) and �eGood Morning Everyone!�e (December).

NHK producer Kurube Kei said about Nounen, �gShe�fs young, she�fs fresh and just like Aki, she appears to be a bit clumsy, while hiding an unimaginable energy deep inside herself.�h

This energy and excitement could also be felt throughout the press conference. Nounen commented, �gMorning drama heroines have a �epure and innocent�f image. They might lose their way and fall down, but they immediately stand up again and keep on walking. The one who left the biggest impression on me was Ono Machiko in �eCarnation�e.�h

She was also asked about her impression of the filming location in the Iwate prefecture and answered, �gI haven�ft been there yet, but according to its name (Iwate), it seems to be a rocky and rugged scenery. I�fve been loving such places since I was a child. I want to become a heroine who lends the people (in Tohoku) energy and power.�h

She continued, �gI heard that the filming conditions for a morning drama are really harsh, but I�fm no pushover, and even if I lose consciousness, I want to stand up and do my best. I will become a shining star of (my birthplace) Hyogo.�h

�eAmachan�f will air its first of 156 episodes on April 1, 2013. The filming will begin in Kuji, Iwate this October.

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/07/nounen-rena-cast-as-heroine-for-next-years-morning-drama-amachan/
xploring

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watanabe Ken to star in new Japanese drama series along with Tanihara Shosuke and Matsuyuki Yasuko
by babamoosh on July 27, 2012 at 1:18 am

Watanabe Ken (52) will be portraying former prime minister of Japan, Yoshida Shigeru, in a NHK drama series titled �gMakete, Katsu~Sengo wo Tsukutta Otoko • Yoshida Shigeru~ (Victory after Defeat ~ The man who created post-war Japan, Yoshida Shigeru~)�g, which will air at 9 PM every Saturday from September 8th and onwards. American actor David Morse (58) known for his work in films such as �gGreen Mile�h and �gThe Indian Runner�h will play Douglas MacArthur, the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces during the occupation of Japan.

Tanihara Shosuke (40) will act as Shirasu Jiro, a close associate of former Prime Minister Yoshida and a negotiator for the General Headquarters of the Supreme Commander (GHQ), who�fs often called a �gdifficult Japanese�h by GHQ. Matsuyuki Yasuko (39) is cast as Yoshida�fs second wife, a former geisha, and Tanaka Kei (28) will be playing Yoshida�fs eldest son, Yoshida Kenichi who�fs an English literature scholar. Suzuki An (25) will portray Aso Kazuko, the third daughter of Yoshida and mother of Aso Taro (71), who was a prime minister of Japan from 2008-2009. Kaneda Akio (57) will play the role of Hatoyama Ichiro, a former prime minister and grandfather of Hatoyama Yukio (65), who succeeded Aso as prime minister from 2009-2010. Nomura Mansai (46) will act as another former prime minister Konoe Fumimaro.

bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
Watanabe Ken to star in new Japanese drama series along with Tanihara Shosuke and Matsuyuki Yasuko
by babamoosh on July 27, 2012 at 1:18 am

Watanabe Ken (52) will be portraying former prime minister of Japan, Yoshida Shigeru, in a NHK drama series titled �gMakete, Katsu~Sengo wo Tsukutta Otoko • Yoshida Shigeru~ (Victory after Defeat ~ The man who created post-war Japan, Yoshida Shigeru~)�g, which will air at 9 PM every Saturday from September 8th and onwards. American actor David Morse (58) known for his work in films such as �gGreen Mile�h and �gThe Indian Runner�h will play Douglas MacArthur, the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces during the occupation of Japan.

Tanihara Shosuke (40) will act as Shirasu Jiro, a close associate of former Prime Minister Yoshida and a negotiator for the General Headquarters of the Supreme Commander (GHQ), who�fs often called a �gdifficult Japanese�h by GHQ. Matsuyuki Yasuko (39) is cast as Yoshida�fs second wife, a former geisha, and Tanaka Kei (28) will be playing Yoshida�fs eldest son, Yoshida Kenichi who�fs an English literature scholar. Suzuki An (25) will portray Aso Kazuko, the third daughter of Yoshida and mother of Aso Taro (71), who was a prime minister of Japan from 2008-2009. Kaneda Akio (57) will play the role of Hatoyama Ichiro, a former prime minister and grandfather of Hatoyama Yukio (65), who succeeded Aso as prime minister from 2009-2010. Nomura Mansai (46) will act as another former prime minister Konoe Fumimaro.

Looks interesting... Always been a fan of (most) historical dramas. Smile
WD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watanabe Ken has a new drama hell yeah! w00t!

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WD wrote:
Watanabe Ken has a new drama hell yeah! w00t!

Yup, like Abe Hiroshi, he's always watchable. Victory! Peace!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Page 123 of 148

Jump to: