jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Cellphone Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kenjilina wrote:

i wouldn't mind a slice of that pie!

I would settle for even less...I'm down for the crumbs.
kenjilina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A Chinese retailer has started taking Apple iPhone 5 pre-orders despite the next-generation handset remaining firmly within the realms of rumour and speculation.

Although Apple has yet to officially unveil its next-gen Samsung Galaxy S3 rival, the iPhone 5 has been made available for advanced order in China with what is claimed as a mock up of the handset�fs new design accompanying the photographed store signage.

Although the Chinese retailer has failed to offer any concrete details around the handset�fs upcoming launch, the move marks the first time that iPhone 5 pre-orders have been opened to consumers despite an iPhone 5 release date not expected until early October following and late September first showing at the hands of Apple CEO Tim Cook.

T3
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kenjilina wrote:
A Chinese retailer has started taking Apple iPhone 5 pre-orders despite the next-generation handset remaining firmly within the realms of rumour and speculation.

Although Apple has yet to officially unveil its next-gen Samsung Galaxy S3 rival, the iPhone 5 has been made available for advanced order in China with what is claimed as a mock up of the handset�fs new design accompanying the photographed store signage.

Although the Chinese retailer has failed to offer any concrete details around the handset�fs upcoming launch, the move marks the first time that iPhone 5 pre-orders have been opened to consumers despite an iPhone 5 release date not expected until early October following and late September first showing at the hands of Apple CEO Tim Cook.

T3

Somebody is going to get bamboozled.

Last edited by Tu_triky on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
kenjilina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

Somebody is going to bet bamboozled.

I was wondering, as they are assembled in China, does someone have inside info? Not sure this is sanctioned by apple hq. hehe
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kenjilina wrote:

I was wondering, as they are assembled in China, does someone have inside info? Not sure this is sanctioned by apple hq. hehe

I agree with you (of course).

This shiet sounds fish as hell. How can you take pre-orders on an iPhone that hasn't even officially been acknowledged by the company. Yeah we all know it's coming out but Apple has pretty tight controls on its supply chain from manufacturing to retail sales...so this sounds highly suspicious.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ There's one (or more) born every minute.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
^ There's one (or more) born every minute.

Preach it!
kenjilina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the first Amazon branded smartphone is reportedly in the works with the Kindle Fire maker said to be partnering with Foxconn to produce the handset

Following a number of Amazon smartphone rumours, new reports have suggested the retail giant is to launch an iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S3 rival that plays host to a 4-5 inch display.

Whilst recent reports adding to the growing rumours of an upcoming Amazon smartphone release have suggesting the retailer turn manufacturer is creating its first Android powered smartphone in collaboration with Foxconn.

Citing �gpeople with knowledge of the matter,�h Bloomberg last week claimed Amazon�fs first smartphone device is to be pieced together by longstanding Apple partner Foxconn yet offered little else in relation to the size or specs of the expected Android handset.

T3
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kenjilina wrote:
the first Amazon branded smartphone is reportedly in the works with the Kindle Fire maker said to be partnering with Foxconn to produce the handset

Following a number of Amazon smartphone rumours, new reports have suggested the retail giant is to launch an iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S3 rival that plays host to a 4-5 inch display.

Whilst recent reports adding to the growing rumours of an upcoming Amazon smartphone release have suggesting the retailer turn manufacturer is creating its first Android powered smartphone in collaboration with Foxconn.

Citing �gpeople with knowledge of the matter,�h Bloomberg last week claimed Amazon�fs first smartphone device is to be pieced together by longstanding Apple partner Foxconn yet offered little else in relation to the size or specs of the expected Android handset.

T3

They are entering the Gladiator's Arena. Good luck, Amazon.
kenjilina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

They are entering the Gladiator's Arena. Good luck, Amazon.

Think I'm going enter the fray and make a handset, too. hehe
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kenjilina wrote:

Think I'm going enter the fray and make a handset, too. hehe

hehe I think your chances are about as good as Amazon's. I think they will get their butts kicked if they decide to make a handset.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to share what I thought was pretty remarkable. I just recently upgraded to my first 4G LTE capable phone and I've been testing the speed of the LTE data connection here and there over the past couple of days.

Well I was in the San Gabriel Valley and I registered the following results this morning. Now this is crazy. This is almost five times the speed of my residential internet connection at home!

bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
This is almost five times the speed of my residential internet connection at home!

And ten times the price. Beaten
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

And ten times the price. Beaten

Haha. Not quite but of course it's more expensive than a residential line. In any event I was not paying anymore for my cellphone, but know I'm able to take advantage of the higher data speeds because I have a capable phone. Smile
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
Haha. Not quite but of course it's more expensive than a residential line. In any event I was not paying anymore for my cellphone, but know I'm able to take advantage of the higher data speeds because I have a capable phone. Smile

Yup.

My niece and sister-in-law just upgraded to 4G... And a new phone: the Samsung Galaxy SIII.

If that phone gets any bigger, it'll be a tablet.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Yup.

My niece and sister-in-law just upgraded to 4G... And a new phone: the Samsung Galaxy SIII.

If that phone gets any bigger, it'll be a tablet.

Haha. That is one criticism of the current trend in smartphones... Sweat
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say the new maps on iOS 6 are really bad. Sweat In my neighborhood the maps they have are at least 2-3 years old.

bmwracer wrote:
And a new phone: the Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Too big for my tastes.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
I have to say the new maps on iOS 6 are really bad. Sweat In my neighborhood the maps they have are at least 2-3 years old.

Too big for my tastes.

Apple Maps is a hunk o' sh*t. It's craptastic. The data set Apple is using is far inferior to Google's own data set.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:

Too big for my tastes.

The iPhone 5 isn't that much smaller.
Eve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

The iPhone 5 isn't that much smaller.

All the new phones are too big for me to hold comfortably. Pout

Check out my drama trade list: OMG http://www.freewebs.com/evendrama/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: